Anybody going to the draft?

I know most of you live in Cincy, so its not so easy just to get up and go to NYC, but it is worth it. It is a blast and it is free! I live in RI and will be there wearing my gear. Anyone else on the East coast or back in Cincy going? I would love to hook up with fellow Bengal fans.

[quote name='Dan_Bengals_NJ' date='Mar 21 2005, 05:03 PM']I am thinking about going this year. I keep hearing it is harder and harder to get tickets, and the event gets more and more corprotized each year, but once again there is a possibility that I will attend.
[right][post="65461"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I am going to give it a shot. It's at the Javitz Center this year.

[quote name='ribengals' date='Mar 21 2005, 05:20 PM']I am going to give it a shot. It's at the Javitz Center this year.
Its not in Madison Square Garden? The theatre?
[right][post="65467"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

No longer in MSG Theatre........NFL wants Jets to get the new stadium and MSG owners are huge opponents of it. So the NFL takes draft away from MSG and gives it to Javitz Center. Hilarious.

I tried going last year.

I read somewhere that they have something like 4000 tickets available and the attendance the year before was like 2300. I figured to get in for sure.

So, my buddy and I went down. We got to MSG around 9:00 and there were a ton of people standing outside. Word was that people were camping out since 4:00 in the morning and all the tickets were gone immediatley.

It could be that it was crowded because of the whole Eli Manning (will he be going to the Giants?) thing, or it could be that I had bad info. :huh:

I've never been in the Javitz center and I don't know how many seats they'll have available.

If I knew for sure I could get in, I would go back down. But not if I have to be getting there at 4am. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//33.gif[/img]

Where is the Javitz Center? I have not been for a few years. Are the tickets still free? we should all hook up for sure. Believe it or not their are two other Bengal fans here in RI. We watch the games every week on Direct TV at my house. They will be coming with me to the draft. It would be cool to get a few of us together. By the way, Eagle fans are the biggest jerks there. Until recently, i went like 4 years in a row. all of the other teams fans were cool to us (being a Bengals fan there makes you a target of jokes etc..). Even the NY team fans were cool. There is a difference in good natured trash talk, ball busting and just a-holes. every Eagle fan I have dealt with there is a complete a-hole.

[quote name='ribengals' date='Mar 21 2005, 08:23 PM']Where is the Javitz Center? I have not been for a few years. Are the tickets still free? we should all hook up for sure. Believe it or not their are two other Bengal fans here in RI. We watch the games every week on Direct TV at my house. They will be coming with me to the draft. It would be cool to get a few of us together. By the way, Eagle fans are the biggest jerks there. Until recently, i went like 4 years in a row. all of the other teams fans were cool to us (being a Bengals fan there makes you a target of jokes etc..). Even the NY team fans were cool. There is a difference in good natured trash talk, ball busting and just a-holes. every Eagle fan I have dealt with there is a complete a-hole.
[right][post="65559"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

[url="http://www.javitscenter.com/directions/directions.htm"]Here are directions to the Javitz center[/url].

It's not far from MSG.

and, as far as I know the tickets are still free.

Like I said, I'll go if I know I can get in... but not if I have to get there at 4am.

[quote name='ribengals' date='Mar 21 2005, 08:23 PM']Where is the Javitz Center? I have not been for a few years. Are the tickets still free? we should all hook up for sure. Believe it or not their are two other Bengal fans here in RI. We watch the games every week on Direct TV at my house. They will be coming with me to the draft. It would be cool to get a few of us together. By the way, Eagle fans are the biggest jerks there. Until recently, i went like 4 years in a row. all of the other teams fans were cool to us (being a Bengals fan there makes you a target of jokes etc..). Even the NY team fans were cool. There is a difference in good natured trash talk, ball busting and just a-holes. every Eagle fan I have dealt with there is a complete a-hole.
[right][post="65559"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Thanks for the directions Boomer!!

Guest mongoloido

[quote name='Boomer07' date='Mar 21 2005, 10:10 PM']No prob.  B)

Have a good time.

... and keep your wallet in your front pocket.  :lol:

No, seriously.  :mellow:
[right][post="65592"][/post][/right][/quote]

You should always keep your wallet in your front pocket anyway. Sitting on a wallet leads to back problems later in life.... No, seriously. :blink:

[quote name='mongoloido' date='Mar 21 2005, 09:22 PM']You should always keep your wallet in your front pocket anyway. Sitting on a wallet leads to back problems later in life.... No, seriously.  :blink:
[right][post="65604"][/post][/right][/quote]

Well, my wallet isn't all that fat. Pretty slim actually. :blink:

:lol:

Guest mongoloido

[quote name='Boomer07' date='Mar 21 2005, 10:24 PM']Well, my wallet isn't all that fat.  Pretty slim actually.  :blink:

[right][post="65608"][/post][/right][/quote]

mine too, but my ass lacks proper padding :P

[quote name='Dan_Bengals_NJ' date='Mar 21 2005, 04:25 PM']Well if you guys are going to go too, maybe I will give it a shot. Nearer to the game we should definately plan things out. Other teams there such as the Eagles usually have a big fan section, [b]it would be nice to see a Bengals fan section for once.[/b][right][post="65469"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
You're not kidding...every year I watch the show and as mentioned before, the Eagles always seem to be the loudest and most obnoxious...

[quote name='ribengals' date='Mar 21 2005, 07:23 PM']Where is the Javitz Center? I have not been for a few years. Are the tickets still free? we should all hook up for sure. [b]Believe it or not their are two other Bengal fans here in RI.[/b] We watch the games every week on Direct TV at my house. They will be coming with me to the draft. It would be cool to get a few of us together. By the way, Eagle fans are the biggest jerks there. Until recently, i went like 4 years in a row. all of the other teams fans were cool to us (being a Bengals fan there makes you a target of jokes etc..). Even the NY team fans were cool. There is a difference in good natured trash talk, ball busting and just a-holes. every Eagle fan I have dealt with there is a complete a-hole.
[right][post="65559"][/post][/right][/quote]
Out of a total population of six people, that's a damn good percentage!!!!!

[quote name='Bunghole' date='Mar 21 2005, 09:31 PM']You're not kidding...every year I watch the show and as mentioned before, the Eagles always seem to be the loudest and most obnoxious...
[right][post="65616"][/post][/right][/quote]

Philly fans ARE the loudest and most obnoxious in any and all situations.

Anywhere.

Really.

Take my word for it. ;)

[quote name='Bunghole' date='Mar 21 2005, 09:33 PM']Out of a total population of six people, that's a damn good percentage!!!!!
[right][post="65617"][/post][/right][/quote]

If that's true, then the state of RI has more Bengal fans per capita than Ohio. :blink:

[quote name='Boomer07' date='Mar 21 2005, 08:34 PM']Philly fans ARE the loudest and most obnoxious in any and all situations. 

Anywhere. 

Really.

Take my word for it.    ;)
[right][post="65620"][/post][/right][/quote]
I agree...I wonder why, though?

Isn't it "The City Of Brotherly Love"?
Seriously...why?
On paper, you would figure Giants or Raider fans would be the worst (or maybe Browns fans, but that's a whole other can of worms... [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//30.gif[/img] ).....

But why Philly? It must have something to do with that crappy stadium they used to play in that killed a few USMA cadets during an Army/Navy game... <_<

[quote name='Bunghole' date='Mar 21 2005, 09:39 PM']I agree...I wonder why, though?

Isn't it "The City Of Brotherly Love"?
Seriously...why?
On paper, you would figure Giants or Raider fans would be the worst (or maybe Browns fans, but that's a whole other can of worms... [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//30.gif[/img] ).....

But why Philly?  It must have something to do with that crappy stadium they used to play in that killed a few USMA cadets during an Army/Navy game... <_<
[right][post="65627"][/post][/right][/quote]

Philly is a tough town, man.

Working class folks. NY type attitude without the rich people to balance them out.

They beat up a guy in a Santa Claus outfit one time. No joke.

My buddy tells me "Vet" stories all the time.

On the jumbo-tron at the vet, when they were in commercial, or in a time-out, they used to put up video of a person in the crowd and show a famous person next to them and they had a theme.

One day, he says, it was "Wizard of Oz" day. They put up a picture of the scarecrow next to this guy in the crowd. He sees it, get's pissed and gives the old Admiral Bird. They cut away pretty quick. :lol:

A little later on, they find a girl who's probably 12 or 13. Put her up next to a picture of Dorothy. She sees it and gives the camera the double Bird!

Apparantley, they stopped doing it after that. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img]

That's Philly, man.

Very strange...

I've lived a lot of places in my 35 years and I've [i]never[/i] encountered that sort of coarse, crude [i]abrasiveness[/i] that you describe...

I thought you were talking about Cleveland for a sec and then you said "blue collar" instead of "shit-stained collar"....

[quote name='Bunghole' date='Mar 21 2005, 09:55 PM']Very strange...

I've lived a lot of places in my 35 years and I've [i]never[/i] encountered that sort of coarse, crude [i]abrasiveness[/i] that you describe...

I thought you were talking about Cleveland for a sec and then you said "blue collar" instead of "shit-stained collar"....

[right][post="65640"][/post][/right][/quote]

Unfortunatley, I've been to Cleveland.

Not the same at all.

Philly is one of a kind.

Philly fans are insane. I went to a Philly Bengals game back in 97. Boomer vs. Hoying in a shoot out that ended around 49-47 or something like that with Philly winning. The fans were nuts. My uncles have season tickets, so I get to go every now and again and the majority of fans are complete dirtbags. There are some knowledgable fans, but most of them are angry, destructive, drunks.

Archived