The tips thread

Tip number 1 - when holding a heaver camera make sure you hold it from the bottom of the lens and do your focusing from the bottom rather than the top, this way if your flash comes up and gets used you arent blocking any of the light.

Seems simple I know but as Im messing around learning my new D80, I made the mistake (no biggie as Im just taking random pics at the moment to learn how to use this) so...

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='691693' date='Aug 26 2008, 01:10 PM']Tip number 1 - when holding a heaver camera make sure you hold it from the bottom of the lens and do your focusing from the bottom rather than the top, this way if your flash comes up and gets used you arent blocking any of the light.

Seems simple I know but as Im messing around learning my new D80, I made the mistake (no biggie as Im just taking random pics at the moment to learn how to use this) so...[/quote]

I hope you're supporting the camera by the body and only mean focusing the lens.

and, please tell me you're switching to manual focus and not rolling the lens through the gears in auto focus...

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' post='691698' date='Aug 26 2008, 12:39 PM']I hope you're supporting the camera by the body and only mean focusing the lens.

and, please tell me you're switching to manual focus and not rolling the lens through the gears in auto focus...[/quote]

yes

and at the moment i am messing with autofocus but havent really done much with it other than see what is available to me.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='691704' date='Aug 26 2008, 01:49 PM']yes

and at the moment i am messing with autofocus but havent really done much with it other than see what is available to me.[/quote]
good enough.

don't know how the manual / auto focus is handled on a Nikon - but don't manually focus the lens when it is in auto focus - you'll be rolling it through the motorized gears.

That is a bad thing... :D

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' post='691705' date='Aug 26 2008, 12:52 PM']good enough.

don't know how the manual / auto focus is handled on a Nikon - but don't manually focus the lens when it is in auto focus - you'll be rolling it through the motorized gears.

That is a bad thing... :D[/quote]

good to know

Archived