Obama speech could bump tonight's Bengals game

oldschooler

[quote name='Bunghole' post='692586' date='Aug 28 2008, 11:35 PM']I just don't believe that to be true. You want to talk about smears, they both do this shit, [b]McCain will NOT be "four more years" of GWB[/b], but everyone in the DNC would have you to believe it is so.

I believe that the "hope and change" tactic Obama and the Dems are taking is every bit as subversive as what you describe the Pubs doing.

There has NEVER been a President that promised to change "the culture of Washington" that has eevr succeeded doing so.

NEVER.

Campaigns are always about empty promises and feel-good slogans. I very much liked Obama's speech tonight, but let's just say I will reserve opinion for now.

There's two sides to everything, and neither party is going to portray the other's candidate in anything other than a negative light.[/quote]

Could you explain to me exactly what kind of change McCain represents? In what way do you think he would be different than the current incumbent establishment?

[quote name='Lucid' post='692724' date='Aug 29 2008, 10:56 AM']Could you explain to me exactly what kind of change McCain represents? In what way do you think he would be different than the current incumbent establishment?[/quote]

I guess you could realize that neither of them will make worthwhile significant changes. If people really wanted change, they would vote none of the above. No republican or democrat can get away from the pitiful party lines to do any really good. How about vote for a 3rd party? Kick them all out of office. Nah, the American public is too stupid to do that. 1/2 the country will vote one way and the other half the other way and the winner will be accused of stealing. Now that is exciting and ineffective. :)

[quote name='ccartman2' post='692823' date='Aug 29 2008, 03:06 PM']I guess you could realize that neither of them will make worthwhile significant changes. If people really wanted change, they would vote none of the above. No republican or democrat can get away from the pitiful party lines to do any really good. How about vote for a 3rd party? Kick them all out of office. Nah, the American public is too stupid to do that. 1/2 the country will vote one way and the other half the other way and the winner will be accused of stealing. Now that is exciting and ineffective. :)[/quote]

I said "represents", not effects.. In what way does his platform vary from the current republican platform (aside from ANWAR)?

Archived