"Big Nugget" and Langston's time has come..

Guest Claptonrocks

Guest Claptonrocks

With the injury to Williams it's time for the youngsters to show why they were drafted. Langston Moore and Mathias Askew will see extensive playing time from here on in and I believe they will contribute to the defense. Moore is exceptionally strong against the run,. He's short and squat like a DT should be for the run. Askew will probably rotate on third down and will be used to put pressure on the QB in passing situations... Marvin really loves this kid. I'm looking forward to seeing these two youngsters play this coming Sunday.

Guest Whodey420

It'll be nice to see what these 2 can do....especially Askew considering he has a little more size than Moore plus he was considered a potential first rounder had he stayed in school...Im glad Marvin went with Moore to start though because I cant see Powell doing to well in the middle...

I think Its great that they get the time!

Develop good players that way!.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Marvin slowly blending his draft picks with experienced vets.Gonna pay big dividends in three more games when the schedule gets really tough.

Ratliff,Johnson,Miller,Moore,Williams looking good.Schools still out on Perry,Askew,Gaethers,Mann,Brooks and Bramlet.If they pan out,we'll be golden.

As it stands, 5 productive guys is pretty good.I know that Moore was a 2003 draftee.

Guest Claptonrocks
Take a look at these pics from Matthias' days at Michigan State, I don't think he will have a problem holding his own either.

10.jpg  4.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Great pics Sofa...I believe "Big Nugget" as Marvin likes to call him, will be a very good lineman before the year is out.

Guest bengalrick

one thing that jumps out at me, whenever Marvin talks about Askew is he always talks about maturity... i feel that askew must already be ready to play (besides technique wise, but that comes w/ experience) but he must take off too many plays, and maybe gets in some trouble off the field... i don't know, but these kind of comments stick out to me, from bengals.com:

We think Matthias Askew is going to mature into a fine defensive tackle in the NFL.  I use that word mature alot when I talk about Matthias Askew.
-marvin lewis

Yeah if big daddy would have played all the time what could he have been?If a player takes time off all the time.Its hard to break those habbits if the player does enough to keep his job..Thats one of the problems this team has had in the past...I think askew at this point in time can be no worse than what we have seen in past games......I look forward to seeing this guy play.......Hopefully he will get a perm start.......

Guest BengalLady

They had a little Bio on Fox 19 last night on Langston and he loves reality shows and loves to fish.

lol

Just didn't think of him as a fisherman. :)

Guest Claptonrocks
All our Rooks have been pretty productive considering

they are still green! I think both Moore and Askew will fit in just fine...

Askew looks like a MONSTER....eek...I'd be scared of that! :o

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

YEAH I ASKED ALAN CUTLER ( RADIO VOICE OF THE BENGALS ) HOW MUCH ASKEW WEIGHED NOW CAUSE I KNOW HE'S EATING ALOT BETTER THAN IN COLLAGE AND HE SAID PROBABLY CLOSE TO 315-320 RANGE. THE MATURITY THING IS REALLY BASED ON HIM BEING ONLY 21 YEARS OLD I THINK HE JUST TURNED 22. HE SAYS HES READY TO PLAY NOW SO WE'LL SEE. HOPE HE HAS A BREAKOUT GAME ...

10.jpg

Now lets take a look at how a cut block should be executed. the white jersey guy gets his head in front of Askew while directly in front of him where Askew can plainly see him. And also notice that them blocker does not cheap shot Askew when he gets past him (i.e. leg whip, hold, trip, grab face mask).

But also take notice at Askew's incredible athleticism when he avoids the legal block by hurdling it.

10.jpg

now lets see how a legal cut block is administered. Notice how the blocker has his head in front of Askew and is in plain view where Matthias can see him. He is aiming at Askew's thigh area.

*Also notice Askew's incredible athleticism when he hurdles the blocker. Pay attention to how the blocker does not cheap shot Askew when he figures out his bock did not work (i.e. leg whip, hold, trip, grab face mask)

Guest BengalsOwn
one thing that jumps out at me, whenever Marvin talks about Askew is he always talks about maturity... i feel that askew must already be ready to play (besides technique wise, but that comes w/ experience) but he must take off too many plays, and maybe gets in some trouble off the field... i don't know, but these kind of comments stick out to me, from bengals.com:

-marvin lewis

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know, all of the comments about him needing to be "mature", kinda makes me wonder...

Archived