Suns - So Called MVP, Coach of the year, and Exec

Guest BlackJesus

How Many Games till the Suns get knocked out ?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. How Many Games till the Suns get knocked out ?

• Swept by the Spurs (Haha)
    • 5 Games to the Spurs
    • 6 Games to the Spurs
    • they hold on for 7 games to the Spurs
    • No !!! I wanted them to make it to the finals so that Shaq could slam his nuts in Nashs Face

Guest BlackJesus
[color="green"]See ya MVP [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/30.gif[/img] [/color]

They lost one game, after a tough series with the Mavs. If you watched that game you would realize that the Suns owned it, until Brent Barry came in with some clutch 3s.

I'll give that to the Spurs they played tough, but the series is far from over.

In addition, that had nothing to do with Nash. He played great. Marion's lack of offense, Richardson's poor 3 point shooting, and one defensive let-up over a period of two minutes on Brent Barry cost them that game.

Hopefully the Suns will get Joe Johnson back soon and that will be a huge plus. He is one of the best defenders on the Suns, and a great guy to give Nash a break without disturbing the offense. People, who are ignorant, and fail to watch this team, wouldn't realize how much not having that guy hurts them.

Anyway, I think this is gonna be a great series, and the Suns take it in 7.

Guest BlackJesus

[b]Uh Dan.... that wasn't one of the choices <_< [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//3.gif[/img] [/b]

Guest BlackJesus
[b]This bitter brother is laughing all through this sweep

Suns [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/30.gif[/img]

[/b]

Suns lost thanks to that poorly officiated game by the officials.

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/20.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/20.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/20.gif[/img]

Still have faith in the Suns.

Guest 34inXXIII
[quote name='BlackJesus' date='May 24 2005, 10:49 PM'][b]This bitter brother is laughing all through this sweep

Suns  [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/30.gif[/img]

[/b]
[right][post="95975"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Which sweep? Doesn't seem like your personal MVP is faring any better, is he? Convenient how you ignored this topic when Nash was leading the Suns into the Western Conference Finals and DWAYNE WADE was taking the Heat into the East Finals.

Then again, I guess Wade should have been league MVP. After all, he's black and that's all that really matters, right BJ?

Guest BlackJesus
[quote]Convenient how you ignored this topic when Nash was leading the Suns into the Western Conference Finals[/quote]

[b]this topic wasn't even made yet then... it is in reference to this series[/b]

[quote]Then again, I guess Wade should have been league MVP. After all, he's black and that's all that really matters, right BJ?[/quote]

[b]Yeah Wade is black... but then again all 10 of the top 10 players in the NBA are black. They are not the top 10 because they are black, they just happen to be black. Nash happens to be a small decent point guard who gets more hype because he is white.... sure he can score 26 pts but then his crappy defense costs you 30 + so he cancels himself out

Nash isn't even the best non-black player in the NBA.... If any non-black guy looked like an MVP tonight it was Ginobli. But then again Nash isn't even the best player on his own team.... Amare is.... but then again Nash is the best white player on his team so what the fuck make him the MVP

Footnote: if we are going off of PG stats then Iverson is the MVP ..... [/b]

Guest 34inXXIII
[quote name='BlackJesus' date='May 24 2005, 11:14 PM'][b]this topic wasn't even made yet then... it is in reference to this series[/b][/quote]

Oh, THIS series. Of course it's about this series, because your boy did little to help the Heat win their last series while Nash helped the Suns beat the Mavericks. I, however, was referring to the first thread you started on this topic. You know...the poll where you [url="http://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?showtopic=5314"]cried about "subconscious" racism[/url].

As I pointed out in the other thread, that "subconscious" racism can go both ways, and I believe you are quite an example of that. You throw out all this random garbage like twisting around your definition of MVP, pointing out how much better Shaq made his new teammates while giving no credit to Nash for doing the same, insisting that a team you can't have a Coach of the Year if the league's MVP is on that team, droning on about how a Heat-Suns final would prove who the MVP is (though we both know you would use a Shaq injury as an excuse if the Heat were to lose), claiming Nash is a "decent point guard" who is hyped because he is white (which amazes me considering many of the people "hyping" him are black analysts, i.e. Barkley & Magic...you know, guys who have actually played at that level).

The fact that you appear to not only be in the minority of people who believe Nash shouldn't be the MVP, but the far smaller minority of people who don't even believe Nash is very good point guard leads me to believe you are either ignorant or biased. Now, you seem to have knowledge of the game based on when you actually ignore color and discuss the game, so I don't see you as being ignorant. Therefore, you must be biased. There could be a number of reasons you would be biased, but only one of which you have emphasized repeatedly: the fact that Nash is white. Sounds an awful lot like "subconscious" racism.

Guest BlackJesus

[b]Nash always has impressive stats.... but the guy he covers on the other end always has awesome games as well <_< Because Nash plays as much defense as a blind mime.[/b]

Guest BlackJesus

[quote]which amazes me considering many of the people "hyping" him are black analysts, i.e. Barkley[/quote]

[b]Barkley is trying to sell Books (he has a new book out) [/b]

[quote]The fact that you appear to not only be in the minority of people who believe Nash shouldn't be the MVP[/quote]

[b]I am in the minority in a lot of things, Hell the Number one selling single of all time is Elton Johns Candle in the wind, Never underestimate the power of dumb people in large groups, hell I see that every sunday morning as people crowd the pews.....[/b]

[quote]There could be a number of reasons you would be biased[/quote]

[b]I think like I said the first time that Nash had 3 things going for him .....

He is Small in a large mans game
He is white in a black mans game
He is unselfish in a selfish mans game

To me this isn't enough to be MOST VALUABLE ..... these make for good spokesman and good PR though.... and in a League where a Large fight occured where "Mr. Scary BlackMan" was seen running into the stands and attacking "poor white guy with glasses" in Detroit I am skeptical that David Stern didn't see that.

Listen X34 I got nothing but love for a fellow Bengal Fan , but I just don't think we see eye to eye on this ;) [/b]

Guest 34inXXIII

You're right, and we won't. So be it. At least we can have such an open and honest conversation about it here with no reprecussions.

However, on what are hopefully less contentious points...

"Barkley is trying to sell Books (he has a new book out)"
Doesn't explain Magic (among others). Besides, catering to the masses seems so...anti-Barkey; and I would think a good controversy could stir up some book revenues.

"the Number one selling single of all time is Elton Johns Candle in the wind, Never underestimate the power of dumb people in large groups, hell I see that every sunday morning as people crowd the pews....."
Finally, something we agree on [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//3.gif[/img] though I'll credit the success of that single far more to Princess Di than Elton John.

"and in a League where a Large fight occured where "Mr. Scary BlackMan" was seen running into the stands and attacking "poor white guy with glasses" in Detroit I am skeptical that David Stern didn't see that."
First of all, Ron Artest IS Mr Scary BlackMan. Or, more appropriately, Mr Scary Man who happens to be black (which makes sense since the NBA is predominantly black). His track record has earned him that label, not his skin color. And I saw Mr Scary NBA Player attacking "stupid drunk guy who shouldn't be allowed in public". Personally, I think a majority of people saw it the same way. That didn't make it right, though, and Stern had to handle the situation accordingly...but that's a whole other discussion...and one that should probably be left to people on this forum not named BlackJesus and 34inXXIII, for everyone's sake. :D

Speaking as a fellow Bengals fan as well, I will wrap up by saying "CAN WE GET PAST ALL OF THESE DAMN DISTRACTIONS AND GET THE NFL SEASON UNDERWAY ALREADY!"

Guest CTBengalsFan
Nash is the MVP because the Suns were TERRIBLE last year and solely with his addition they have the best record in the NBA. He's a leader and one of the smartest basketball players in the league.

[quote name='Bengal_Freak' date='May 26 2005, 05:54 PM']im wondering if nash is mvp why his team is losing this series 2-0? oh yeah cause he doesnt play any defense....if were really the mvp he will pull his team together and make a comeback in this series
[right][post="96648"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Remind Me who won the NFL MVP???????? Then remind me where he finished in the playoffs??

I think his name was manning
And i know for a fact he didnt even make the confrence finals.. Dont be so hard on nash

It makes me wonder if people are even watching the Suns games. The reasons the Suns are losing are points inside the paint (Nash can't cover Duncan) and rebounding (Nash has gotten a lot of rebounds for being a PG, but still not his job).

The lack of perimiter defense is a result of Jackson/Barboson/Richardson all of whom have not done a great job defending. Joe Johnson is desperately needed, because he is the Suns most versitle defender.

Not Nash's fault that the Suns are losing. It is a combination of factors, very few of which stem from Nash.

Guest CTBengalsFan

[quote name='Bengal_Freak' date='May 26 2005, 04:54 PM']im wondering if nash is mvp why his team is losing this series 2-0? oh yeah cause he doesnt play any defense....if were really the mvp he will pull his team together and make a comeback in this series
[right][post="96648"][/post][/right][/quote]

gee, it might have to do with the Spurs being the better [u]team[/u] I'm not sure.... :crazy:

Guest oldschooler
[quote name='Bengal_Freak' date='May 26 2005, 05:54 PM']if they come back and win ill quit with this and say Nash is MVP
[right][post="96696"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Uhhhh...he IS the MVP.

[img]http://www.ctv.ca/archives/CTVNews/img2/200505/160_ap_MVP_nash_050509.jpg[/img]

It was on TV and in all the papers. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/26.gif[/img]

Garnett won it last year...did HE pull his team together ?

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/27.gif[/img]

Guest CTBengalsFan
[quote name='Bengal_Freak' date='May 26 2005, 06:54 PM']if nash is the MVP he should be a leader and pull his team together...if they are struggling he needs to pull the team together...if they come back and win ill quit with this and say Nash is MVP
[right][post="96696"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Nash doesn't control the entire team and you can't say his performance so far in the playoffs hasn't been MVP level. Sorry but when he's doing things Jordan never did, you can't deny that.

[quote name='Bengal_Freak' date='May 26 2005, 07:54 PM']if nash is the MVP he should be a leader and pull his team together...if they are struggling he needs to pull the team together...if they come back and win ill quit with this and say Nash is MVP
[right][post="96696"][/post][/right][/quote]

Tell that to peytons under preforming ass... So he doesnt deserve the MVP either..

BoyCot profesional sporting MVP's that dont lead there team's to championchips because aparently THEY ARE NOT THE MVP's those pussy's if they were realy MVP they would win championships!!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO

:ninja:

Archived