Suns - So Called MVP, Coach of the year, and Exec

Guest BlackJesus

How Many Games till the Suns get knocked out ?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. How Many Games till the Suns get knocked out ?

• Swept by the Spurs (Haha)
    • 5 Games to the Spurs
    • 6 Games to the Spurs
    • they hold on for 7 games to the Spurs
    • No !!! I wanted them to make it to the finals so that Shaq could slam his nuts in Nashs Face

Guest oldschooler
[quote name='Bengal_Freak' date='May 27 2005, 07:17 PM']mvp should not be decided until the season is over...after the finals and everything...then I think that shows who the most valuable player is
[right][post="97090"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

They name an MVP for the Finals...

Just like they name an MVP for the Season
and an MVP for the Super Bowl in the NFL...

Guest BlackJesus
[img]http://www.muddybootsmercantile.com/Double_size_shots/MB919001_DBL.jpg[/img]

Get out those Brooms !!! [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/36.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/36.gif[/img]

Guest Bengal_Smoov
So I'm thinking that Stoudamire is the best player on Suns and Nash should thank him and Joe Johnson for his award...without Stoudamire they don't make the playoffs or win a game in this series. Nash is overrated, he can't take over a game and lead his team to victory, he's overrated. I hate the Spurs, but the Suns don't have a chance...MIA will take care of those punks, in 6.

Guest CTBengalsFan
[quote name='Bengal_Smoov' date='May 30 2005, 11:07 PM']Nash is overrated, he can't take over a  game and lead his team to victory, he's overrated.
[right][post="97756"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

but do you think he's overrated?

Guest Bengal_Smoov
[quote name='CTBengalsFan' date='May 30 2005, 11:25 PM']but do you think he's overrated?
[right][post="97763"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Just a little bit...

Guest BlackJesus

[b]Dammit, I won't be able to celebrate the Suns Demise for a few more Days :D

I guess they had to win sometime [/b]

Guest CTBengalsFan

you should want the Suns to beat the Spurs so the Spurs don't have time to rest for the Finals BJ in case the Heat do beat the Pistons... <_<

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' date='May 31 2005, 01:39 AM']you should want the Suns to beat the Spurs so the Spurs don't have time to rest for the Finals BJ in case the Heat do beat the Pistons... <_<
[right][post="97818"][/post][/right][/quote]
I'm hoping for the Suns to take the Spurs 7 and for there to be an all out brawl followed by multiple suspensions and fines.

I can still dream can't I. The last thing I want to see is a well-rested, veteran team like the Spurs in the Finals after we get through a tough, physical series with the Pistons.

[quote name='Bengal_Smoov' date='May 31 2005, 12:07 AM']So I'm thinking that Stoudamire is the best player on Suns and Nash should thank him and Joe Johnson for his award...without Stoudamire they don't make the playoffs or win a game in this series.  Nash is overrated, he can't take over a  game and lead his team to victory, he's overrated.  I hate the Spurs, but the Suns don't have a chance...MIA will take care of those punks, in 6.
[right][post="97756"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

First of all Nash has been very humble and state publicly that there is no way he would have gotten this award without his teammates.

Secondly, Joe Johnson and Stodamire played together last season and the Suns finished with the second worst record in the NBA.

And I don't know if you have been watching the Suns play, but Nash has taken over games and won them (see playoff series Suns vs. Grizz and Suns vs. Mavs).

Also the Heat don't win a game vs. the Pistons without Dwayne Wade or the Spurs without Ginobili, but I don't see people complaining that, that should take away from a case for Duncan or Shaq.

Guest Bengal_Smoov

[quote name='Dan_Bengals_NJ' date='May 31 2005, 12:20 PM']First of all [b]Nash has been very humble and state publicly that there is no way he would have gotten this award without his teammates[/b].

Secondly, Joe Johnson and Stodamire played together last season and the Suns finished with the second worst record in the NBA.

And I don't know if you have been watching the Suns play, but Nash has taken over games and won them (see playoff series Suns vs. Grizz and Suns vs. Mavs).

Also the Heat don't win a game vs. the Pistons without Dwayne Wade or the Spurs without Ginobili, but I don't see people complaining that, that should take away from a case for Duncan or Shaq.
[right][post="97880"][/post][/right][/quote]

So nash knows he's over-rated, that's cool at least he's down to earth. :D

I've watched a fair amount of Phoenix games this year and I haven't seen Nash lead them to victory that often. As a Suns fan would you say that Stoudamire or Nash is the best player on the team? Stoudamire was one that killed the Mavs, not Nash. Nash scored 40 and the Suns lost. D-Wade is a monster, but the Spurs without Duncan is scary thought for Spurs fan, Ginobili was coming off the bench until the Sonics series...

Guest CTBengalsFan

[quote name='Bengal_Smoov' date='May 31 2005, 02:32 PM']So nash knows he's over-rated, that's cool at least he's down to earth. :D

I've watched a fair amount of Phoenix games this year and I haven't seen Nash lead them to victory that often.  As a Suns fan would you say that Stoudamire or Nash is the best player on the team?  Stoudamire was one that killed the Mavs, not Nash.  Nash scored 40 and the Suns lost.  D-Wade is a monster, but the Spurs without Duncan is scary thought for Spurs fan, Ginobili was coming off the bench until the Sonics series...
[right][post="97907"][/post][/right][/quote]

Nash. How many EASY buckets does Amare get from passes at the exact right time in the exact right spot from Nash? A ton. 80% of his points come from dunks and layups, and he isn't driving to get them.

[quote name='Bengal_Smoov' date='May 31 2005, 03:32 PM']So nash knows he's over-rated, that's cool at least he's down to earth. :D

I've watched a fair amount of Phoenix games this year and I haven't seen Nash lead them to victory that often.  As a Suns fan would you say that Stoudamire or Nash is the best player on the team?  Stoudamire was one that killed the Mavs, not Nash.  Nash scored 40 and the Suns lost.  D-Wade is a monster, but the Spurs without Duncan is scary thought for Spurs fan, Ginobili was coming off the bench until the Sonics series...
[right][post="97907"][/post][/right][/quote]

All I know is that last year with Stodamire, I watched a team win less than 30 games. This year I watched a team finish with the best record in the NBA. Who did they add? Steve Nash. He makes everyone better, Stoudamire is a hell of a lot better, Johnson is better, Marion was better until this series. Bottom line, Nash deserved MVP. Sure you can make a case for Shaq, but there are as many flaws with him as there are with the arguement for Nash. Both were deserving, but I think this year, Nash deserved it a little more.

Guest Bengal_Smoov
[quote name='Dan_Bengals_NJ' date='Jun 1 2005, 12:14 AM']All I know is that last year with Stodamire, I watched a team win less than 30 games. This year I watched a team finish with the best record in the NBA. Who did they add? Steve Nash. He makes everyone better, Stoudamire is a hell of a lot better, Johnson is better, Marion was better until this series. Bottom line, Nash deserved MVP. Sure you can make a case for Shaq, but there are as many flaws with him as there are with the arguement for Nash. Both were deserving, but I think this year, Nash deserved it a little more.
[right][post="98097"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Nash had a hell of a season, no doubt about it..His addition plus D'Antonio having a full year to coach did do some wonderful things for the Suns..At the beginning of the year the Suns were 40-1 odds to go all the way, I was considering putting some money on them, just for the fun of it..But Nash has been real disappointing this series, imo.. As a vet who won the MVP he should be one making the plays in order for the Suns to win deep in the playoffs, not Stoudamire..Nash gets his, but he also gives up alot and doesn't show up in crunch consistantly enough for my taste, but I'm picky...

Who was their point guard last year?

Guest CTBengalsFan
[quote name='Bengal_Smoov' date='Jun 1 2005, 04:20 AM']Nash had a hell of a season, no doubt about it..His addition plus D'Antonio having a full year to coach did do some wonderful things for the Suns..At the beginning of the year the Suns were 40-1 odds to go all the way, I was considering putting some money on them, just for the fun of it..But Nash has been real disappointing this series, imo.. As a vet who won the MVP he should be one making the plays in order for the Suns to win deep in the playoffs, not Stoudamire..Nash gets his, but he also gives up alot and doesn't show up in crunch consistantly enough for my taste, but I'm picky...
Who was their point guard last year?
[right][post="98180"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Marbury til he got traded... then I forget...

And tell me... how's Shaq taking over the Detroit series???? Answer: NOT AT ALL!

Nash is doing a lot more for PHX than Shaq is doing for Miami right now.

[quote name='Bengal_Smoov' date='Jun 1 2005, 05:20 AM']Who was their point guard last year?
[right][post="98180"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Maurbury (then he got traded), then Joe Johnson/Barbosa/Howard Eisley.

I agree CT, Shaq has not taken a game over yet, but no one is saying much about that. You could also make the case that Shaq is not even the MVP of his own team as well.

Guest Bengal_Smoov
[quote name='Dan_Bengals_NJ' date='Jun 1 2005, 12:26 PM']Maurbury (then he got traded), then [b]Joe Johnson/Barbosa/Howard Eisley[/b].

I agree CT, Shaq has not taken a game over yet, but no one is saying much about that. You could also make the case that Shaq is not even the MVP of his own team as well.
[right][post="98249"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Marbury was traded early in the season last year, like December, so they one guy who was out of position(Johnson is a SG), one guy who is a back-up at best(Barbosa) and one guy who really shouldn't be in the NBA(Eisely, if it weren't for Utah he wouldn't be in the league)..so you put a quality PG on a team with guys who can finish with the best of them and this is what you have..

Phoenix surprised many teams early this season and their style of play is better suited for the regular season then the playoffs..They don't play enough defense to win a Championship, imo...I think Nash is good, but he's not better than many PG who never won a MVP(Isaiah Thomas, John Stockton, etc...) The fact that Shaq has won only one MVP is astounding, a player that dominating should have won that award more than once, imo..Miami is +17 in victories from last year while the Suns are +33, so Nash has made a definite impact

Guest Bengal_Smoov
[quote name='CTBengalsFan' date='Jun 1 2005, 12:15 PM']Marbury til he got traded... then I forget...

And tell me... how's Shaq taking over the Detroit series????  Answer: NOT AT ALL!

[b]Nash is doing a lot more for PHX than Shaq is doing for Miami right now[/b].
[right][post="98246"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

What did Nash do besides pass the ball tonight? Game 5, elimination game the MVP of the league is has 3 points in the 2nd half and gets shown up by the best player on his team Amare Stoudamire...Nash is damn over-rated..he's not even the MVP on his own team..Nash went out like a [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/30.gif[/img] !!

Guest CTBengalsFan
[quote name='Bengal_Smoov' date='Jun 2 2005, 12:21 AM']What did Nash do besides pass the ball tonight?  Game 5, elimination game the MVP of the league is has 3 points in the 2nd half and gets shown up by the best player on his team Amare Stoudamire...Nash is damn over-rated..he's not even the MVP on his own team..Nash went out like a [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/30.gif[/img] !!
[right][post="98489"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

i give up.

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' date='Jun 2 2005, 01:38 AM']i give up.
[right][post="98501"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Me too. Some people will never understand how great and valuable Steve Nash has been.

All I have to say, as a Suns fan, even though I am dissapointed with the loss, I really can't be too upset. The Suns are a young team. Last season they were nearly the worse in the league. Take it from a football perspective. Say the Bengals of 02, came out with their worse record from 02 in 03, and finished with the best record in the league, with the addition of a new QB, got all the way to the AFC championship and lost to the Patriots. Marvin gets the Coach of the year and Palmer gets the MVP. No one would complain. The young team just lost to a team with experience and will come back next season. Both the coach and the QB are obviously deserving of the awards.

The same thing in basketball just happened to the Suns, new coach (first full year coaching the team) and a new QB (so to speak, the PG is like the QB on the court). They made the 3rd biggest turn-around in NBA history. Except people complain that Nash didn't get it done. Yes, he did. He had some amazing games. The team just fell short to a team who has been there and done it before (and got those Patriot style calls from the refs). Next season the Suns will be back, and they will be more experienced and even more gelled as a unit for the whole season. Hopefully they won't have to deal with as many injuries (Marion, Richardson, and Johnson were all battling with injuries this series) and hopefully next year will be their year.

Archived