Kerry No Smarter Than Bush

Jason

Guest BengalsOwn
[quote name='steggyD' date='Jun 7 2005, 10:53 PM']I think smart is the wrong word to use here. Everyone here is claiming to be smart because they are successful when they do not finish college. OK, so you are smart, but how intelligent are you? This post should have been about comparing Kerry's intelligence to Bush's intelligence. That is what helps get you through an ivy league school.
[right][post="100530"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Are you fucking serious?

What gets you through any kind of school is the drive to get good grades. If I wanted to, I could have got straight a's in high school, but that wasn't my priority. I wasn't worried about pleasing my parents, and being a part of the honor society.

[quote name='BengalsOwn' date='Jun 7 2005, 11:50 PM']Are you fucking serious?

What gets you through any kind of school is the drive to get good grades. If I wanted to, I could have got straight a's in high school, but that wasn't my priority. I wasn't worried about pleasing my parents, and being a part of the honor society.
[right][post="100563"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

testify....

Guest steggyD
[quote name='BengalsOwn' date='Jun 8 2005, 12:50 AM']Are you fucking serious?

That's high school. But there are some things that only intelligence can help you with. If you don't believe that then, sorry.

Guest BengalsOwn
And let me guess, intelligence is only gained through college?

Give me a break.

I had some friends who got straight A's in high school and college, and they're some of the biggest dumbfucks to walk the earth. They just didn't want to be cut off from mommy and daddy's money.

Guest steggyD
I didn't say intelligence is gained in college. I said that there are things in college that require intelligence. You gain knowledge in college with intelligence. Hey, that's a funny rhyme, knowledge in college.

Guest CTBengalsFan
[quote name='BengalsOwn' date='Jun 7 2005, 11:50 PM']Are you fucking serious?

uhhhh i hope you don't think that's how people think at Yale....

if you don't think they're motivated to get good grades then you're sorely mistaken

Guest BengalsOwn
[quote name='CTBengalsFan' date='Jun 8 2005, 02:13 AM']uhhhh i hope you don't think that's how people think at Yale....

if you don't think they're motivated to get good grades then you're sorely mistaken
[right][post="100617"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

The reason they get good grades at yale IS because they are motivated to get them. But to say they get good grades at Yale because they have more intelligence than those of us who didn't attend college is a little off base IMO.

Guest steggyD
You are very defensive here. I said intelligence helps you get through an ivy league school. I never said the only intelligent people are in ivy league schools.

What I was trying to refer to is that some of you are confusing smart with intelligent. Smart is by definition, characterized by sharp quick thought, bright, amusingly clever, witty, etc. Intelligent is having intelligence, which is the capacity to acquire and apply knowledge, the faculty of thought and reason, etc.

They are different. What I am saying is that intelligence is needed for many classes at the university level. Being smart might make someone better in the business world, but being intelligent makes someone a better scientist. I'm also not saying someone can't be both, but I know that some very intelligent people might come off as not being smart, because they think things through in a long manner. But they are not quick to respond in witty conversation. And some witty salesmen who can make millions might not be able to ever fathom calculus and phsysics. Some people are so talented that they can handle both. I envy them.

I, myself, tend to lack in the witty department. I think things through for a long period of time before I respond. This made people, when I was young, think that I needed to be in special classes. Next thing you know, I ended up in AP and IB classes. At this point in my life, I lack both smarts and intelligence. Luckily, I ended up with a couple other talents that get me through life.

[quote name='BengalsOwn' date='Jun 7 2005, 09:25 PM'] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//41.gif[/img]

I barely graduated high school, quit college, and have had more success than anyone else in my graduating class.
[right][post="100515"][/post][/right][/quote]
yea.. but your from franklin... B)

Guest BengalsOwn

[quote name='Nati Ice' date='Jun 8 2005, 03:00 AM']yea.. but your from franklin...  B)
[right][post="100625"][/post][/right][/quote]

I'm from Valley View School district, one of the best school districts in the area. I moved to Franklin, because I used some of that "intelligence" and decided that being 19 years old, it would be smart to move to a town where the property taxes are no where close to as expensive as Germantown or Farmersville's property taxes.

All of this bashing me because of the damn town I live in is rediculous. I'm 21 years old, and own two homes, yet some of you think I'm some white trash who is too lazy and poor to improve my life and get out of my home town, all because I bought an investment property in the city of Franklin (which by the way I could sell it anytime I wanted and pocket $20,000 in profits, not to mention the $15,000 I have earned in income from renting one side out).

Get over the Franklin bullshit please.

Archived