Worlds Richest 225 People now

Guest BlackJesus

Guest mongoloido
[quote name='BlackJesus' date='Jun 12 2005, 02:51 AM'][i][b]I am also amazed by the disconnect that regular people have in not realizing that over half of these Richest people got that by way by inheritance.  And there parents go that way by inheritance.  That is the "beauty" of wealth I guess.... once you get a big shitload of it, you can continually pass it down from kid to kid, to kid and the next 20 generations of Genetic offspring don't have to do shit and can live rich off the interest.[/b][/i]
[right][post="102097"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

So what? Those billionares pay huge tax on earnings and then huge death taxes again when they die. You should be pleased when the money gets passed to the next generation.

Guest bengaljet
[quote name='Beaker' date='Jun 12 2005, 09:16 AM']They seem to be concentrated in the industrialized areas of the world, US, Japan and Europe...should that be a surprise?
[right][post="102125"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Beaker,holy hell-I can't believe it I think we agree on something! But my ?? is -if industry creates wealth, then why would an industrial nation want to get rid of it and not protect that industry? I'm talking about the US today sending industry to places like China and saying that's a good idea.
I'm saying that the manufacturer makes the $$ and the buyer is giving up wealth-agree? Who adds wealth and who gives up wealth?

[quote name='bengaljet' date='Jun 12 2005, 05:08 PM']Beaker,holy hell-I can't believe it I think we agree on something! But my ?? is -if industry creates wealth, then why would an industrial nation want to get rid of it and not protect that industry? I'm talking about the US today sending industry to places like China and saying that's a good idea.
I'm saying that the manufacturer makes the $$ and the buyer is giving up wealth-agree? Who adds wealth and who gives up wealth?
[right][post="102152"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Its all about costs. If it costs less to produce your product in China and ship it back to the US to sell, then they do it. I think one of the major reasons this has been occurring is the unions. The unions are making the costs of production higher and higher here in the US. They are finally pricing the very people they were organized to "protect" out of the market. That being the US laborer.

As far as adding and giving up wealth, I think its all kind of interrelated. One cant exist w/o the other.

[quote name='Beaker' date='Jun 12 2005, 01:20 PM']Its all about costs. If it costs less to produce your product in China and ship it back to the US to sell, then they do it. I think one of the major reasons this has been occurring is the unions. The unions are making the costs of production higher and higher here in the US. They are finally pricing the very people they were organized to "protect" out of the market. That being the US laborer.

As far as adding and giving up wealth, I think its all kind of interrelated. One cant exist w/o the other.
[right][post="102156"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
unions are definately pricing themselve out of jobs. I work in the electrical industry and there are all types of union electricians that will only work for prevailing wage, which is the most rediculous thing i have ever heard of.

Guest BlackJesus
[quote]Once the money has been earned, what is wrong with providing for your descendants?[/quote]

[i][b]Some of this money was aquired illegally and can be traced back to land theft of indigenous people, indentured servitude, slavery, inhumane child labor, etc etc

Since the wealth is allowed to cumulate interest and stay that large from generation to generation once it is there it can in theory never dissapear as long as you only live off the interest....[/b][/i]

[quote]Those billionares pay huge tax on earnings and then huge death taxes again when they die.[/quote]

[i][b]Actually there used to be a 50% tax on estates of Billionaires called the "Estate Tax" .... but Bush cleverly tricked Americans into believing it was affecting most of them and called it the "Death tax" and thus repealed it. Hence why you had the organization Billionaires for Bush.[/b][/i]

[quote name='BlackJesus' date='Jun 12 2005, 06:55 PM'][
[i][b]Actually there used to be a 50% tax on estates of Billionaires called the "Estate Tax" .... but Bush cleverly tricked Americans into believing it was affecting most of them and called it the "Death tax" and thus repealed it.  Hence why you had the organization Billionaires for Bush.[/b][/i]
[right][post="102234"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
100% wrong. I have a bachelors degree in accounting and if you want to argue about this bring it on. Estate tax definately still exists and for one year only it will be gone (2009). It was actually Clinton that decided estate tax needed to be gone and instead of just abolishing it they decided to slowly reduce the amount of tax on estates each year over a 15 year period. (Expires in 2009) This was so all the tax money this generates could be made up somewhere else so if you are gonna die or someones gonna die and leave you a bunch of money make sure its in 2009. Only problem is that the bill that reduced this also has a provision in it that says if a new plan isnt made by the expiration then it reverts back to the original 50% we had in the early 90's.

on a side note, you have turned into a total dick in the past couple months and everyone used to like you, now all i see is a couple followers you have and hatred coming from a ton of people. You try to act like an all knowing god (oh wait, there is no god) and come across showing true ignorance.

Guest BlackJesus

[i][b]WHodey319.... yes there is still an estate tax but the 50 % estate tax that used to exist where very rich billionaires were taxed when they died went when Bush got rid of the "death tax".....[/b][/i]

[quote]on a side note, you have turned into a total dick in the past couple months and everyone used to like you, now all i see is a couple followers you have and hatred coming from a ton of people. You try to act like an all knowing god (oh wait, there is no god) and come across showing true ignorance.[/quote]

[i][b]Not really sure how to respond to this.... My intention is not to win any fucking popularity contests... and I won't censor my beliefs because others might "not like me anymore" .... I would love an instance that you can point to where I have been a dick to you or to any individual on the board.... I almost always refrain from any personal attacks and focus on the content of subjects and not the people making those arguments

If you find me a dick there isn't much I can do.... I guess maybe you should refrain from reading any of my posts....

Maybe the friction also stems from the fact that I agree with 99% of the people on here when it comes to loving the Bengals, but I disagree with 80% of the people when it comes to most other issues.... or at least 80 % of the people who argue back... not sure what those that read silently think <_< [/b][/i]

Guest BlackJesus
[color="green"][i][b]I also honest and objective enough with myself to realize that had I lived the life of others on here or been privy to the things they have been that I might think they way they do, and I also believe that most of the people on here had they seen the things I have and studied the matters I had, they might think closer to me.....[/b][/i][/color]

I hold no animosity for BJ, and like reflecting on his views. I also cant think of any instances where he has been a dick. Dont mistake his ardour for animosity. Same goes for Smoov and Bengaljet. I usually have differing opinions from them, but I think in exchanging viewpoints, we all learn something. The biggest mistake you can make in life is thinking you have nothing more to learn.

Guest BlackJesus
[b][u]Another fact I found interesting ....[/u][/b]

[color="blue"][i]The top three richest men (Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, and Indian Lakshmi Mittal) in the world have more $ than the poorest 48 countries[/color][/i]

[quote name='BlackJesus' date='Jun 13 2005, 07:31 AM'][b][u]Another fact I found interesting ....[/u][/b]

[color="blue"][i]The top three richest men (Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, and Indian Lakshmi Mittal)  in the world have more $ than the poorest 48 countries[/color][/i]
[right][post="102402"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Which is kind of sad, however I know Gates is a huge donator to many charities, and plans of giving most of his wealth away when he passes, I read articles about his contributions all the time... and that’s just him, not to mention what Microsoft does, or his employees.

Archived