UltraViolet

Has anyone here been using Ultraviolet for movies and tv shows they've bought?  What's your experience been like?  How do you go about getting things into your collection?

I just set up an account and trying to redeem a digital copy that i had previously downloaded to my ipad last year.  It's proving difficult.

If I want to be able to stream movies without having to have them downloaded to my tablets, and I better off just downloading them to my computer, and them uploading them to say DropBox?

finally found all my previous codes for movies and got them to work.

Seems pretty good so far.  Basically allows you to stream movies you've bought to your tablets and PC.  The only drawback is having to have different apps for the different studios, though I haven't had to do that yet.

Haven't gotten any scummy feeling yet.  The only thing they've asked me for that they probably didn't need to is my birthdate.

I don't know if the companies just weren't smart enough to worry about it or just don't care, but the best part about it so far is you're not restricted to having to download the specific app for each separate company and studio as all of the instructions imply.

For example, I just bought a movie at Target.  In theory, I'm supposed to play this movie either through iTunes, or the "Target Ticket" app.  However, the code they give you, also works for Vudu Player, which is owned by Walmart.  

So, instead of having to download various different apps, I've been able to contain all of my movies in Vudu Player so far, which simplifies things.

So far, I'm a fan of UltraViolet.  For 99% of the movies I buy (though I don't buy a lot of movies anymore), I probably won't spend the extra money to get the DVD/BluRay/UltraViolet package, but its a nice option to have.  

• 4 weeks later...

went through my DVD collection and found 13 movies that came with digital copies.

Was able to redeem all of the Ultraviolet related ones, even if the codes had expired years ago.  

I'm 6 for 6 adding expired Ultraviolet codes, but adding expired iTunes codes is proving a little more troublesome.

I was able to only get one of the expired itunes codes to work, but its not showing up in itunes on my ipad.  Warner Bros is also another issue as I only got one old WB movie, the one that used Ultraviolet, to work.  The other 4 either used itunes or only offered desktop copies, not usable on a tablet.

So, I was able to save 9 of the 13 (7 of 13 playable on my tablets).  Not bad considering all but 4 of the 13 had expired codes.

All 4 failures, Warner Bros. movies.

So if you have expired codes, don't assume they won't work.

Archived