Probably my last mock with thoughts and picks

If something significant changes, like a trade or signing, or I just get bored I may do another one.

1. Andrus Peat OT Stanford.
Big long, athletic guy with the size to playarrow-10x10.png RT if needed. I really think between Whit and Andre they will keep Whit if only one, so whoever they take needs to be able to play RT. Flowers and La'el are probably their 2 favorite guys, and if either is there he would be the pick, but I don't think they will. Malcolm Brown and Landon Collins may also be considerations per Hobson, and neither would upset me depending on which OTs are available.

2. Tyler Lockett WR K St.
My original pick here was Devin Smith. I think Dorsett and Agholor who I really want will both be gone. But Does Devin really bring anything that Moore does not? Lockett, who PDJ had in his mock today is a bit of a reach at 53, but I think he is the best fitarrow-10x10.png to what the Bengals are looking for (and I don't think he makes it to 85) slot guy with good speed and kick return ability.

3. Jaquiski Tartt SS Samford
Good size and speed. Small school guy so a year not having to play a lot to adjust to the NFL game would be good. He has the raw tools to be a good safety. 6'1" 221 pounds and 4.53 speed. From his scouting report: Possesses a legitimate NFL frame with broad shoulders, long arms (32 5/8") and impressive overall muscular definition. Highly aggressive defender, who attacks the line of scrimmage in run support and in defending the middle against crossing routes. An intimidating hitter who likes to lower his shoulder into ball-carriers, often resulting in explosive collisions.

3. Jeff Heuerman TE OSU
Probably the best combination of blocker and receiver in this draft. Doesn't have the vertical speed of some of the higher rated prospects, but I don't think he needs to with Eifert.

4. Davis Tull LB Chattanooga
Another small school prospect with good physical tools. 246 pounds and 4.57 speed. Wasn't really thrilled with any of the other SLB type OLB candidates. From his scouting report: The FCS All-America defensive end is projected as an outside linebacker in the NFL and measured in at 6-foot-2 1/2 and 244 pounds. He did not make a second 40 attempt but didn't need to. The 4.57 would've tied him for fifth best among all linebackers at the combine and led one scout to turn to another and say, "I've seen enough. He can move."

4. Mitch Morse OL Mizzou
Played tackle in college, listed as a guard. OL was the best fitarrow-10x10.png of value and need here. 6'5" 305. From his scouting report: Morse is a functional athlete whose strengths are his patience, power and tenacity.

5. Justin Cox CB Miss St.
Big kid, good speed, and an SEC guy.Brings depth at CB. Also considered Charles Gaines from Louisville here, but 6'1", 191 and 4.36 speed with SEC experience was too much to pass up on. From his scouting report: He possesses good flexibility and acceleration to handle coverage duties, though his straight-line speed is a question (but he ran a 4.36).

6. Derrick Lott DT Chatt
Yes, another small school prospect. Again, great physical tools, and this late in the draft take a shot on the diamond in the rough on a roster as good as ours. He's 6'4" 314 and runs under 5.0 and 30 reps. From his scouting report: Possesses an imposing frame with broad shoulders, long arms and good overall weightarrow-10x10.png distribution. Despite his height, Lott plays with good leverage, coming off the ball low and showing good core strength and BALANCEarrow-10x10.png to anchor against double-teams. He is strong enough to stack and shed blockers, showing patience to wait until ballcarriers commit to running near him and shucking blockers to latch on for the drag-down tackle.

7. CJ Uzomah TE Auburn
With only 1 true TE on the roster drafting 2 would not surprise me at all. Uzomah is another one of those diamonds in the rough from the SEC. I also considered taking Darryl Baldwin here given all 3 of our OTs are on their last year. From his scouting report: Looks the part of an NFL tight end with broad shoulders, long arms and a tapered, athletic frame. Good initial quickness and accelerates fluidly, though top-end speed is questionable. Lined up in a variety of roles for the Tigers, including slot receiver, traditional inline tight end and H-back. Isn't a dominating blocker by any stretch but doesn't shirk from physicality, extending an aggressive punch to his opponent and working to sustain. Good patience as a blocker. Doesn't over-extend and leave himself vulnerable, instead waiting for rushers to attack him and showing good balance and core flexibility to compete against bigger opponents.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived