2. Sterling Shepard WR OU

3. Charles Tapper DE OU

4. Javon Hargrave DT SC St

5. KJ Dillon SS WVa

6. Keith Marshall RB UGa

7. Brandon Shell OT SCar

Rankings based on CBSSports.

• 2 weeks later...

Love #1, 2, and 4.  I could learn to like Tapper, based on his athleticism but I just don't know that he fits us that well. I wish he ran agility drills, because I DO think he could make a legit LEO if we wanted to finally implement that position.

I think Tap's best days are ahead of him. To be honest, he actually intrigues me more than Shep, due to the fact that we changed schemes so much during his time @ OU. They went from a 2 gap to a 1 gap, then from a 4-3 to a 3-4 almost between breaths it seemed like, & I can't help but think that he had a hard time getting settled from one to the next. Speed & athleticism are his best assets (the guy ran down Amari Cooper in the Sugar Bowl for pete's sake), & I think once he's gotten comfortable within a scheme, he's going to be able to turn it loose (& not have to think so much) much more so than he did in Norman.

I think Tap's best days are ahead of him. To be honest, he actually intrigues me more than Shep, due to the fact that we changed schemes so much during his time @ OU. They went from a 2 gap to a 1 gap, then from a 4-3 to a 3-4 almost between breaths it seemed like, & I can't help but think that he had a hard time getting settled from one to the next. Speed & athleticism are his best assets (the guy ran down Amari Cooper in the Sugar Bowl for pete's sake), & I think once he's gotten comfortable within a scheme, he's going to be able to turn it loose (& not have to think so much) much more so than he did in Norman.

There's no question his athleticism is off the charts.  And I could see SEA pulling a Bruce Irvin and trading way up to get him, because he's the perfect LEO for that D.  I just don't know where his spot here is, unless we want to switch up schemes a bit.

Archived