Assistance requested from my Bengal brethren

Ok boys heres the deal... I have an older Dell desktop in my spare bedroom. This computer is not Wi-Fi capable and the only way the connected to the internet was with a ethernet cable. Several months ago I bought a Wi-Fi USB adapter so we could go Wireless on this particular computer. At the time that I installed the wifi USB adapter this computer was running Windows 7. Everything work fine. A couple of days ago I decided to upgraded to Windows 10. Now when you try to connect to the internet on it it says there are no internet connections available although the adapter is plugged in to the USB port. So apparently Windows 10 is not recognizing this USB device.  I can't even find it listed in the device manager. I know that's probably not much information to go on... but I figured you guys might could point me in the right direction.

17 hours ago, Bengal Cat said:

Ok boys heres the deal... I have an older Dell desktop in my spare bedroom. This computer is not Wi-Fi capable and the only way the connected to the internet was with a ethernet cable. Several months ago I bought a Wi-Fi USB adapter so we could go Wireless on this particular computer. At the time that I installed the wifi USB adapter this computer was running Windows 7. Everything work fine. A couple of days ago I decided to upgraded to Windows 10. Now when you try to connect to the internet on it it says there are no internet connections available although the adapter is plugged in to the USB port. So apparently Windows 10 is not recognizing this USB device.  I can't even find it listed in the device manager. I know that's probably not much information to go on... but I figured you guys might could point me in the right direction.

Have you tried to look on the company's website (for the Wifi adapter) to see if there are Windows 10 drivers that you can download and use to install?

9 hours ago, Montana Bengal said:

Have you tried to look on the company's website (for the Wifi adapter) to see if there are Windows 10 drivers that you can download and use to install?

Hey Montana, thanks for the reply. The damn thing crashed earlier today. Was time for a new one anyway LOL....Who Dey my brother!

Archived