Bengals vs. Chiefs rivalry gets another entry thanks to Chris Jones

Chris Roling
Sat, Sep 30, 2023 at 3:58 PM CDT·1 min read
aca00d5f9135196a0caa05c528846431

Here’s a little more proof of the seriousness of the beef between the Cincinnati Bengalsand the Kansas City Chiefs.

As it turns out, elite Chiefs defender Chris Jones spent much of last offseason motivated by Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow.

Appearing on the “New Heights” podcast with Travis and Jason Kelce, Jones had an eye-raising response when asked which Super Bowl means the most to him.

“I think this last one for me personally,” Jones said. “The year before that we played the Cincinnati Bengals and I missed Joe Burrow twice and the motherf—– posted a picture talking about ‘Cartier glasses I can’t even look at you’ and the picture was of me diving looking like a goofball diving for his ankles, I’m like okay.”

Burrow’s social media post apparently compounded with the fact the Bengals had gotten the best of the Chiefs in a handful of matchups to create this scenario for Jones: “My whole offseason I’m training thinking about Joe Burrow. I had them painted pictures of Joe Burrow on the dummies I swear to God.”

Both Jones and Travis Kelce say in the clip that they make sure to keep receipts, which would seem to be true.

The Bengals and Chiefs get another shot at each other in Week 17 on December 31 in Kansas City.

https://sports.yahoo.com/bengals-vs-chiefs-rivalry-gets-205845102.html

lol

i feel as if the intensity of this one is due to them coming to cincy and expecting to mop us, kelce scores, does his UC thing to our crowd, looking tough, we stick around, and sneak out a win, the legit PI call in endzone helps ice it, etc.. so they can be like ok, they got lucky, meet them in their house and they are housing us, like Colorado vs Oregon, just a stomping, and we come back, make great plays, and stun them in their house.

that will get you in your feelings.

what sucks is they got some favors from the NFL officials in the last game, and they are acting like they have deserved this all along. if your fav SB win is the one you got to with 13 missed or bag calls, then you are in all of your feelings at once.

good

fuck em.