So what is the true Religion?

The Scales

His statement also highlights one of the biggest misconceptions about evolution. Evolution makes no claim as to how life began. Evolution simple means change across time. Evolution does not make a statemet on how life arose...it simple says that from the time it did until now, here's how it progressed.

[quote name='Lawman' date='Oct 14 2005, 09:01 PM']As in Islam's rejection of Christ as the Son of God, and the second person in the Holy Trinity; although they do recognize Jesus as a prophet/messenger.
[right][post="169550"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Yeah sort of...although even amongst the Muslim's it's only the hardcore Sunni who believe in that completely.

The Shia for example believe that God can speak through people, so someone like Ayatollah Sistani in Iraq for example can be considered delivering the message of God, or that God communicates through him.

The Ismaili believe that the Aga Khan is again God's representative / messenger on Earth.

A militant Sunni looks at the two above sects and sees heresy. Even worse than a non-believer, (infidel) these sects fall into apostate territory. Those who have perverted the faith.

That's one reason why Zarqawi or any militant Wahhabist have no qualms about slaughtering the Shia. To them, they're heretics. It's really bad in Pakistan right now in terms of sectarian violence between the Sunni and smaller sects of Islam.

[quote name='Stanley Wilson's Dealer' post='169453' date='Oct 14 2005, 02:51 PM'][quote name='The Scales' date='Oct 11 2005, 11:26 PM']In Hinduism SRI KRISHNA Is the lords earthly form...
[right][post="167995"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Not really, it's just one of many forms that God can take or his devotees see him in...

There's also Vaman, Parashurama, Ram, Balaram, then Krishna, Kalki still to come.

Vaishnavites will worship Krishna, but other sects like Shaktism will see manifestations of God in forms like Kali / Durga / The Divine Mother.

Someone belonging to a strict sect like Naishtik Brahmachari wouldn't even consider God taking an Earthly form.
[/quote]

Your right...

In the Bhagavad Gita...God came down as Sri Krishna.

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='169465' date='Oct 14 2005, 03:14 PM'][quote name='The Scales' date='Oct 14 2005, 01:45 PM']Ignorance can be temporary.....there are other ways to shed the bondage of ignorance, but i feel that in your case backer you would be best served to begin with the cultivation of knowledege.  I'm not saying your dumb or stupid, nor do i believe you to be, infact i believe you are an intelligent man...So I ask you, "have you read any holy scriptures?" If not or it's been a long time personally i would start with the Bhagavad Gita. It is the most readable, beautiful,lyricly profound of them all...truly a gift to this world...i'd read it several times...until you've done this for yourself i'm through conversing with you on this topic because unless you've taken other steps you will still be within the bondage of ignorace and there will be no point because you will continue to fall back onto the same statements.
[right][post="169427"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Luckily for you, foolishness can also be temporary.

Am I ignorant about god? Yes. So are you, and everyone else. You can read every book ever written on the subject and still not "know". You might choose one line of thinking to believe, or take bits and pieces to form your own beliefs, but in the end, that's all it is. Beliefs. [b] Your right...I am ignorant about god, what i am concerned about is "THIS LIFE" i view the study of religion, philosipy, art, Science and life as the same thing just a quest to expand my intelligence and be the best human i can be... can i understand God..no. do i know that god exists...YES! I have no doubt. [/b]

[/quote]

[quote name='BirdmanND' post='169659' date='Oct 15 2005, 04:21 AM']This thread is supposedly about religion, but it is actually a mix of religion, spirituality, philosophy, and science light. [b] I made the thread and it's gone like i had hoped.[/b]

If you wish to find God, pursue religion.
If you wish to find wisdom, pursue spirituality.
If you wish to find Truth, pursue philosophy.
If you wish to find fact, pursue science.

If you want me to clarify any of my last statements, tell me and I shall do so.[/quote]

I've persued them all including Art and Life, and will continue to do so till i die... that is how i've come to know, not believe, not have faith, not be agnostic, not be atheist, not be religious, only to know.

Guest bengalrick

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='173915' date='Oct 21 2005, 03:08 PM'][img]http://gladstone.uoregon.edu/~tthomps6/Offensive%20Pictures/sucks1.jpg[/img][/quote]

:blink:

you bumped it to say that bj??? :thumbsdown:

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='172747' date='Oct 19 2005, 02:42 AM'][quote name='The Scales' post='172705' date='Oct 19 2005, 12:02 AM']
"My religion is Kindness."

--The Dali Lama[/quote]

So is mine.
[/quote]

I knew it!!! Buddism is the perfect religion for agnostics and athesists, although buddists don't really view Buddha as a religion....

BUDDHA IS EVERYWHERE!!

Archived