So what is the true Religion?

The Scales

Guest BengalBacker
[quote name='The Scales' date='Sep 23 2005, 02:41 AM']Because you dont' care to look.
[right][post="155448"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I've been looking probably twice as long as you've been alive.

Guest BengalBacker
[quote name='The Scales' date='Sep 23 2005, 02:45 AM']I'm sorry...would you like some help?
[right][post="155451"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Don't flatter yourself.

If you think you've got it all figured out, you're either typical of the young and the stupid, you're lying, or you're insane. Possibly all of the above.

[quote name='bengalrick' date='Sep 22 2005, 04:23 PM']anyone that is so sure [b]their[/b] God is definately there, or so sure there is no God loses credibility imo... none of us know, and if anyone said they had a discussion w/ God face to face, i think :crazy:

so yeah, your right BB...
[right][post="155131"][/post][/right][/quote]

why did you use the word "THEIR?"

Guest BengalBacker
[quote name='The Scales' date='Sep 23 2005, 02:53 AM']I'm not flattering myself,...do you want some help or not?
[right][post="155453"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Exactly what kind of help do you think you can offer?

Let me guess.

You've read books.

You've travelled.

You've pondered.

You've looked inside yourself.

You've "talked to God".

And now you think you're some kind of all knowing guru who's figured out the answers to things that the greatest thinkers in history realize are unknowable.

Please enlighten us, oh great one.

Guest BengalBacker
[quote name='The Scales' date='Sep 23 2005, 03:11 AM']It's either "yes" or "no."
[right][post="155457"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Well then, since you're obviously full of shit, no.

Guest BengalBacker
[quote name='The Scales' date='Sep 23 2005, 03:16 AM']I am not as you say "full of shit"...I am only trying to be the best human being i can be, day by day, little by little, two-steps forward, half step back, one step forward, three steps back.
[right][post="155459"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Good for you. That's a noble goal.

Here are some words of wisdom for you that will probably help you in that quest more than anything anyone will ever tell you.

Never think, and act like you've got it all figured out. You don't. You never will.

I've never said i've got it all figured out, nor do i want to figure it all out.

Thank you for as you put it the "words of wisdom", I'm aware of the truth in their meaning. If i come off that way to you, i apologize. But is it so beyond the realm of possibilty to beieve that i may have something to offer?

Guest BengalBacker
[quote name='The Scales' date='Sep 23 2005, 03:52 AM']I've never said i've got it all figured out, nor do i want to figure it all out.
[right][post="155461"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Some excerpts:

I absolutely positively know. We talk all the time.

The King James Bible and Christianity are one of the words, but not the only word.

Jesus and god are love and compassion, and i don't sense much of either in your posts.

Nope, but your oblivious.

Because you dont' care to look.

I'm sorry...would you like some help?

I'm not flattering myself,...do you want some help or not?

You be the judge.....

[quote name='The Scales' date='Sep 23 2005, 03:52 AM']    Thank you for as you put it the "words of wisdom", I'm aware of the truth in their meaning.  If i come off that way to you, i apologize.  But is it so beyond the realm of possibilty to beieve that i may have something to offer?
[right][post="155461"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Anything you may have to offer would be better received if it wasn't presented in such an arrogant, self-aggrandizing manner.

Guest bengalrick

[quote name='The Scales' date='Sep 23 2005, 03:07 AM']why did you use the word "THEIR?"
[right][post="155455"][/post][/right][/quote]

faith is one thing... being absolutely POSITIVE that you are right is very arrogant and naive... i have all the faith i need, but i am not sure... nor should you be... nor should someone that says that they are sure there is no God...

and you took my word of "their" out of context... i see what your trying to do, b/c i (and i assume you) believe our God is inside of us... but if your God actually talks back to you and answers questions and shit in your mind, then you are, my friend, crazy :)

[quote name='BengalBacker' date='Sep 23 2005, 05:44 AM']Some excerpts:

I absolutely positively know. We talk all the time.

The King James Bible and Christianity are one of the words, but not the only word.

Jesus and god are love and compassion, and i don't sense much of either in your posts.
Nope, but your oblivious.

Because you dont' care to look.

I'm sorry...would you like some help?

I'm not flattering myself,...do you want some help or not?
You be the judge.....
Anything you may have to offer would be better received if it wasn't presented in such an arrogant, self-aggrandizing manner.
[right][post="155464"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I am only trying to do my best to help.

[quote name='bengalrick' date='Sep 23 2005, 10:35 AM']faith is one thing... being absolutely POSITIVE that you are right is very arrogant and naive...[b] that is your opinion, I am positive, I know, It's not faith, I know..[/b] i have all the faith i need, but i am not sure... nor should you be...[b] why do you feel it is wrong to know?[/b] nor should someone that says that they are sure there is no God...

and you took my word of "their" out of context... i see what your trying to do,[b] I don't think you see what i'm trying to do...out of Context?  I took your use of the word "their" to mean that different religions believe in different gods,[/b]  b/c i (and i assume you) believe our God is inside of us...[b] yes, and in everything[/b] but if your God actually talks back to you and answers questions and shit in your mind,[b] you assume wrong, i never said that he answers me in voice...if he did that kind of stuff people would be flipping out all over the place, he works subtly, [/b] then you are, my friend, crazy :)
[right][post="155518"][/post][/right][/quote]

Guest bengalrick
[i]that is your opinion, I am positive, I know, It's not faith, I know[/i] - how exactly do you know? are you God? have you spoke to him? i'm not saying give me examples of possible miracles, or divine intervention... i am saying to know you hvae to see it... ever heard the saying "i believe nothing of what i hear, and half of what i see"... i agree w/ that saying [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/3.gif[/img] if i am wrong and you do know for a fact that God exists, let me konw... and dont tell me "where did everything aroudn us come from" b/c that only works to prove to people that there coudl be something more... it doesn't prove that there IS something more... remember that your talking to a pretty religion person so you don't ahve to prove there may be a God... i am asking for definative proof...

[i]why do you feel it is wrong to know?[/i] - i said it is naive to think that you know for a fact, w/out definative evidence telling you it is true... and for someone to be able to prove it, you must prove that you spoke to God... and you know my thoughts on that... really, its a catch 22, b/c there really is no way to prove or disprove it imo... nothing wrong w/ "faith", but "knowing" is being closed minded imo.. same extreme as the people taht "know" that there is no higher being... i said nothing about faith, and that is the main point to take from my posts...

[i]I don't think you see what i'm trying to do...out of Context? I took your use of the word "their" to mean that different religions believe in different gods, [/i] - they think they are talking to different Gods... one thing that bothers me about what your saying is this: i asked a good friend of mine who is very religious a question once that was bothering me... in my religion, it says that to go to heaven, you have to accept Jesus Christ as your lord and savior... i then thought and asked him that what about good muslims, good jews, good hindus, good aethists, none of them can go to heaven in our beliefs? either we are contridicting our statement that you have to accept jesus or we are saying that only christians are going to heaven... that personally didn't sit well w/ me, so i decided to look at things in a somewhat different light... i think that if you are at peace w/ yourself then you go to heaven... my version of heaven would be resting in peace... i have explained my version of hell as being that your spirit is stuck on earth for eternity, far from being in peace...

[i]you assume wrong, i never said that he answers me in voice...if he did that kind of stuff people would be flipping out all over the place, he works subtly[/i] - if your trying to say that God speaks through actions, god works in mysterious ways, and/or everything happens for a reason, i agree... but again, this can't be proven so its not fact, its faith/opinion...

[quote name='bengalrick' date='Sep 23 2005, 01:50 PM'][i]that is your opinion, I am positive, I know, It's not faith, I know[/i] - how exactly do you know? are you God? have you spoke to him? i'm not saying give me examples of possible miracles, or divine intervention... i am saying to know you hvae to see it...[b] remove the self an you will see.[/b]

ever heard the saying "i believe nothing of what i hear, and half of what i see"... i agree w/ that saying [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/3.gif[/img] if i am wrong and you do know for a fact that God exists, let me konw... and dont tell me "where did everything aroudn us come from" b/c that only works to prove to people that there coudl be something more... it doesn't prove that there IS something more... remember that your talking to a pretty religion person so you don't ahve to prove there may be a God... i am asking for definative proof...

[b]How do i know? Because wether i was aware of it or not, he's been showing himself to me all my life.

I speak in my mind to god.  He answers in slight detail. Not in voice.  In my experience he has revealed himself, or i was able to percieve him more clearly when i began to do my best to align myself with him.  For me interms of God ...knowing and believeing are one in the same...I am positive.  I have no doubt.   [/b]

i said it is naive to think that you know for a fact,[b] that is only what your mind is telling you...you have to make a choice, a true choice...and once you decide to begin he will show you fact...[/b] w/out definative evidence telling you it is true... and for someone to be able to prove it, you must prove that you spoke to God... and you know my thoughts on that... really, its a catch 22, b/c there really is no way to prove or disprove it imo... nothing wrong w/ "faith", but "knowing" is being closed minded imo.. same extreme as the people taht "know" that there is no higher being... i said nothing about faith, and that is the main point to take from my posts...

[b] It's not faith, I know. [/b]
[i]I don't think you see what i'm trying to do...out of Context?  I took your use of the word "their" to mean that different religions believe in different gods, [/i] - they think they are talking to different Gods... [b] thats what you think, but it's not true. [/b]

one thing that bothers me about what your saying is this: i asked a good friend of mine who is very religious a question once that was bothering me... in my religion, it says that to go to heaven, you have to accept Jesus Christ as your lord and savior... i then thought and asked him that what about good muslims, good jews, good hindus, good aethists, none of them can go to heaven in our beliefs? either we are contridicting our statement that you have to accept jesus or we are saying that only christians are going to heaven... that personally didn't sit well w/ me, so i decided to look at things in a somewhat different light... i think that if you are at peace w/ yourself then you go to heaven... my version of heaven would be resting in peace... i have explained my version of hell as being that your spirit is stuck on earth for eternity, far from being in peace...[b]

[b] good i'm glad your bothered...because if god is love, how can he Damn those who are jewish, bhuddist, Hindu and excetera?  It's a fundamental contradiction yes?  Jesus is a metaphor, as is Buddha, Krishna and Muhammad, a metaphor for the capacity of each and every citizen of this planet to rise.  To strip themselves of their attachment to self, to love truly and deeply, to have compassion for all of gods creatures, to sacrifice themselves for the sake of others. Jesus is one   example of the way.[/b]

[i]you assume wrong, i never said that he answers me in voice...if he did that kind of stuff people would be flipping out all over the place, he works subtly[/i] - if your trying to say that God speaks through actions, god works in mysterious ways, and/or everything happens for a reason, i agree... but again, this can't be proven so its not fact, its faith/opinion...[b] If you clear your mind, and cleanse your body, treat it as the temple that it is.  You will be able to percieve more of him and you will know it to be fact.  [/b]
[right][post="155617"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

[quote name='The Scales' date='Sep 21 2005, 09:49 PM']what word?
[right][post="154625"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
The word I was talking about is written about in the gospel of Saint John the first chapter. God and his word are considered to be one in the same. His word is alive and has power to effect change. Ever heard of how God supposedly created the universe. He said let there be light and there was light. THe Word that was made flesh is in reference to the Messiah who came to earth. Have you ever heard the saying the pen in mightier than the sword? Everything we do requires words which fuel thought and imagination. You can't go an entire day not talking to any one or yourself. In the bible we are said to be created in God's image. The fact that humans work using words as well as God is evidence that we were created in his image. Have you ever created something for yourself? Whatever it was had to be a reflection of yourself. It was a reflection of your intelligence, your needs and desires. In short, the created are a mirror of the creator. How you live your life and thoughts and imaginations you create and dwell on are a mirror of who and what you are.

[quote name='mikeman' date='Sep 23 2005, 03:15 PM']The word I was talking about is written about in the gospel of Saint John the first chapter.  God and his word are considered to be one in the same.  His word is alive and has power to effect change.  Ever heard of how God supposedly created the universe.  He said let there be light and there was light.  THe Word that was made flesh is in reference to the Messiah who came to earth.   Have you ever heard the saying the pen in mightier than the sword?  Everything we do requires words which fuel thought and imagination.  You can't go an entire day not talking to any one or yourself.  In the bible we are said to be created in God's image.  The fact that humans work using words as well as God is evidence that we were created in his image.  Have you ever created something for yourself?  Whatever it was had to be a reflection of yourself.  It was a reflection of your intelligence, your needs and desires.  In short, the created are a mirror of the creator.  How you live your life and thoughts and imaginations you create and dwell on are a mirror of who and what you are.
[right][post="155650"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I don't know how to say this anymore clearly.....but i'll try again. It's one word,(king james bible), but not the only word. or as beaker likes to say, it's part of the whole.

I'm castin the line......

Is sin real?

Is personal sin deadly?

Do you believe that god already knows what your gonna do?

So what does everlasting life mean?

Reincarnation?

Do we die everytime we fall asleep, and get reborn when we wake up?

Is there really some kind of Collective unconsciousness?

How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?

Do you believe in Talent or God Given abilites?

Archived