Three round mock draft

[quote name='cantstop85' post='205427' date='Jan 17 2006, 05:45 PM']ko simpson second round and WRIGHT wont go that far in the draft and who is the guy u had us get in the Third round?[/quote]

Ko Simpson is rated as a first round pick.

[quote name='Jason' post='205445' date='Jan 17 2006, 06:09 PM'][quote name='cantstop85' post='205427' date='Jan 17 2006, 05:45 PM']
ko simpson second round and WRIGHT wont go that far in the draft and who is the guy u had us get in the Third round?[/quote]

[/quote]
but with Jimmy Williams ,huff, and bing dont you think he will drop to us?

[quote name='cantstop85' post='205472' date='Jan 17 2006, 06:46 PM'][quote name='Jason' post='205445' date='Jan 17 2006, 06:09 PM']
[quote name='cantstop85' post='205427' date='Jan 17 2006, 05:45 PM']
ko simpson second round and WRIGHT wont go that far in the draft and who is the guy u had us get in the Third round?[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Good chance. But not in Round 2.

Guest fredtoast
[quote name='cantstop85' post='205472' date='Jan 17 2006, 06:46 PM'][quote name='Jason' post='205445' date='Jan 17 2006, 06:09 PM']
[quote name='cantstop85' post='205427' date='Jan 17 2006, 05:45 PM']

[/quote]
[/quote]

I'll say that Ko goes off the board before Bing. I'd definitelt take him in the first round if he is still there when we pick. Not only is he a great talent, but he has the perfect nickname....[b]K.O.![/b]

[quote name='Kochman' post='205292' date='Jan 17 2006, 01:55 PM']I wouldn't be afraid to take a DE in the first. There was little to no pressure on the QB unless we blitzed. Geathers did look alot better the second half of the season but could easily be upgraded also Smith is a FA after this next season.[/quote]

I agree completely...It was that same sort of 'shoring up' that got us Chris Perry as well. If re-signing our OLine is the priority, then what will be left to re-sign Justin Smith.

Besides...The more and more I see Geathers, I think he is being groomed as more of a DT than a DE. There is something up there, and I don't think he is destined to be a 3-down DE if we can do anything different.

Ultimately, it all comes down to who is there when we pick in #1. If Hali was there, I think I'd take him...Because he seems like someone who would work his ass off for that 1st round contract, and would not disappoint.

Here's to very few motivational 'projects' in this year's draft. Technique...Fine. But no guys who need their motor tweaked.

BZ

[quote name='TheBZ' post='206043' date='Jan 18 2006, 10:27 PM'][quote name='Kochman' post='205292' date='Jan 17 2006, 01:55 PM']
I wouldn't be afraid to take a DE in the first. There was little to no pressure on the QB unless we blitzed. Geathers did look alot better the second half of the season but could easily be upgraded also Smith is a FA after this next season.[/quote]

I agree completely...It was that same sort of 'shoring up' that got us Chris Perry as well. If re-signing our OLine is the priority, then what will be left to re-sign Justin Smith.

Besides...The more and more I see Geathers, I think he is being groomed as more of a DT than a DE. There is something up there, and I don't think he is destined to be a 3-down DE if we can do anything different.

[b]Ultimately, it all comes down to who is there when we pick in #1.[/b] If Hali was there, I think I'd take him...Because he seems like someone who would work his ass off for that 1st round contract, and would not disappoint.

Here's to very few motivational 'projects' in this year's draft. Technique...Fine. But no guys who need their motor tweaked.

BZ
[/quote]

Exactly,
Thats why its tough being a Bengals fan this time of year because you never know what Marvin is thinking. More than likely, they'll have their top 15 list, and if any of those guys fall down to 24, they'll jump on them, no matter which position. Theyre so good at reading talent in the 2nd and 3rd rds that they just pick up the best available player in the first round.

Archived