Should the Bengals pursue FA DT Grady Jackson ?

Guest BlackJesus

Should the Bengals pursue FA DT Grady Jackson ?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Bengals pursue FA DT Grady Jackson ?

• Yes
    • No

I think that Marvin should make a run at Grady Jackson for a one-year, possibly two-year contract. He is a professional player, which Marvin loves, and appears to have got it together after New Orleans cut him mid season.

It would be nice to have someone other than a coach to show the other guys how to get consistent push on the line.

I'm not enamored in getting him, since he appears to just be a glob of a man, but if he can come in here, blow up Jerome Bettis a few times, and get a couple of sacks opening up the edges for Justin Smith and Robert Geathers, and show Askew and Shaun Smith how to be professional, then sign him up. Any deficency in the secondary can be covered up somewhat by a good D-line.

Our run defense gave up an average of 120 yards a game. If we can get that down to 100 yards a game, that would go a long way to making this a great defense. WE know that our pass d is pretty good with Tory and Deltha at the corners and Madieu playing center field. Now we have to fix the run D.

Guest oldschooler

[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='208340' date='Jan 24 2006, 10:55 PM'][quote name='oldschooler' post='208149' date='Jan 24 2006, 06:23 PM']
No.

They should go after Ma'ake Kemoeatu !

He is younger, bigger and has more upside ![/quote]

But Jackson will probably be cheaper...[/quote]

This is what it looks like when I don`t care ====> :D

[quote name='Bengals_12th_Man' post='208392' date='Jan 25 2006, 01:29 AM']I was impressed with his play at the game this year. I think he would be a great addition to the team. What kind of price tag does he want?[/quote]

I was watching him too that day. He was giving Bobbie fits. For 355...dude has some serious quick feet. Looked to be strong as an ox too. 33...pfft, who cares. This guy can play. 2-3 year deal with some good upfront (get the fucking CBA done!), we're good to go.

Try chopping this mountain, Faneca/Hartings!

Archived