** DISH NETWORK USERS **

GoBengals

OK, i have shit credit, so they wont give me free equipment, i have 3 rooms i need it in so i need 3 receivers. they wanna charge like $200 for the first one and $100 for the 2nd, yadda yadda.. esentailly it would cost me like $400-500 to get dishnetwork setup. thats a years worth of cable costs. actually a little bit more than a years worth, im paying $37/month through my apartment complex, they have a contract with some satelite place and you get X channels for X money and thats the ONLY option, so about 1.4 of the balcony's are getting dish's, mine faces east, so i can only get dish cause it needs to face southeast.

any recomendations on what receivers i need like off ebay or some other way to get it?

anyone gettings rid of a system?

:254:

Unfornately man, that sounds about right as far the price is concerned.

When I got my Direct TV set up, in my 4 bedroom home I had to buy:

a dish, that came with a receiver (I installed it myself) = $150

3 additional receivers (they were about $100 each) = $300

and I had to buy Direct TV 4 way signal splitter = $90

Now the good news is that maybe you can buy some of the recievers a little
cheaper now a days because when I bought this stuff it was about 6 years ago.

If you go the Direct TV route, I have an old basic receiver that I dont use. (replaced with TIVO)

Hope I was helpful.

Go-

I have to tell you, as a former customer of Dish, DirecTV, and cable, that I would rather pay three times the current cost of DirecTV or cable than take Dish Network for free. When people talk about the problems of sat. service, they are NOT talking about DirecTV - this I can promise you.

While eBay might be your friend, Dish Network certainly is not. NFL network is NOT worth the cost, headaches of inconsistant service, and everything else that you will have to put up with if you go with the Dish. You know how to use Azerues. You can get almost anything there, and stream it to your XBOX360 via Twonky... boom -- you have instant anything.

Also, there are no guarantees with the eBay pieces, of course. You may get junk that you have no idea about until you enter into a contract with Dish -- then you'll be stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Of course, while saying all this I have digital cable through Insight WITH NFL Network and HD... BUT - that wouldn't change my opinion on Dish. They get a big thumbs down from me.

[quote name='Kool Keith' post='234499' date='Mar 18 2006, 09:20 PM']Go-

I have to tell you, as a former customer of Dish, DirecTV, and cable, that I would rather pay three times the current cost of DirecTV or cable than take Dish Network for free. When people talk about the problems of sat. service, they are NOT talking about DirecTV - this I can promise you.

While eBay might be your friend, Dish Network certainly is not. NFL network is NOT worth the cost, headaches of inconsistant service, and everything else that you will have to put up with if you go with the Dish. You know how to use Azerues. You can get almost anything there, and stream it to your XBOX360 via Twonky... boom -- you have instant anything.

Also, there are no guarantees with the eBay pieces, of course. You may get junk that you have no idea about until you enter into a contract with Dish -- then you'll be stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Of course, while saying all this I have digital cable through Insight WITH NFL Network and HD... BUT - that wouldn't change my opinion on Dish. They get a big thumbs down from me.[/quote]

well currently, the apartment complex is using direct tv, that has 1 dish, and id amplified to 241 apartments i get about 40-45 channels, some are funny colored, some are fuzzt, and the alvume on all of them is ass, up down up down from channel to channel, so bad it will wake up my son flipping channels. then whenever they have to shutoff or signup someone, they take the system offline add them and put it back, so during the day, it goes off atleast once a day, up until about 6pm, not to mention the normal dish outages, and ones caused by thier networking of teh whole thing. its a steal at $35-37 if you never watch tv.

Archived