Maryland TE perfect fit for Bengals

Guest fredtoast

Guest fredtoast
Derek Miller, 6'7", 272.

Played in every game for four years. Starter for last two seasons. Played both TE [b]and OT[/b] in '05. was not invited to the combine, but was impressive at Marylands pro day workout. He is heavier than every TE at the combine, and taller than all of them except Pope. He had a 36 Vertical which would have placed 5th among TEs at the combine and a 9'4" broad jump which would have been 6th.

Lets face it, we need ablocker at TE. Everyone talks about how much a recieving threat at TE would help our Offense, but they never mention the effect of removing a blocker from the scheme.

there is no way we can get Vernon Davis, so I say we pick up Miller late in the second day.

Guest fredtoast
[quote name='Bengals1181' post='236753' date='Mar 22 2006, 02:25 PM']speed?[/quote]

No forty time on him, but I'm sure he is fast enough to block.

[quote name='fredtoast' post='236760' date='Mar 22 2006, 02:46 PM'][quote name='Bengals1181' post='236753' date='Mar 22 2006, 02:25 PM']
speed?[/quote]

[/quote]

We already have a very good blocking TE, why would we draft another?

Guest fredtoast
[quote name='Jason' post='236801' date='Mar 22 2006, 03:53 PM'][quote name='fredtoast' post='236760' date='Mar 22 2006, 02:46 PM']
[quote name='Bengals1181' post='236753' date='Mar 22 2006, 02:25 PM']
speed?[/quote]

[/quote]

We already have a very good blocking TE, why would we draft another?
[/quote]

Okay, I'll be honest, the only reason I like the guy is because his high school team in Boiling Springs, PA was called "The Bubblers". Anyone who can be a start after playing for a team called the Bubblers has to be something special.

[quote name='fredtoast' post='236818' date='Mar 22 2006, 04:27 PM']Okay, I'll be honest, the only reason I like the guy is because his high school team in Boiling Springs, PA was called "The Bubblers". Anyone who can be a start after playing for a team called the Bubblers has to be something special.[/quote]

Boiler Bubblers in Pennsylvania, huh...

That makes a lot of sense.

BZ

Archived