Reds @ Cubs

[quote name='sm00th_kw' post='248016' date='Apr 11 2006, 11:23 PM']BTW...did anybody see Wily Mo play a fly ball into a home run in right field for Boston today, ouch. I don't miss that.[/quote]

I seen the replay of it... he did the same thing last year when the Reds played them. :lol:

Guest WhoDeyForever

[quote name='schotzee' post='248834' date='Apr 13 2006, 03:06 PM']Reds@Cubs Thursday
Felipe 3 run jack.4-0 Reds bottom of 3. :headbang:[/quote]
I love that damn mexican :badger: :badger: :badger: :badger: :badger:

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='oldschooler' post='248860' date='Apr 13 2006, 03:43 PM']This just in...
Eric Milton is over paid, and is lucky to have a lead right now !
And I hate Carlos Zambrano ![/quote]

um milton is pitching well and it should be 5-2 but sadly dunn fucking sucks.

Guest oldschooler
[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='248865' date='Apr 13 2006, 02:51 PM']um milton is pitching well and it should be 5-2 but sadly dunn fucking sucks.[/quote]

Ummmm... so just because he is pitching ok in this game...how does that take
away from him being overpaid and lucky to have the lead ?

And if Dunn sucks then Milton swallows. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/3.gif[/img]

Nice stab by Dunn to end the inning. Robbed him at the wall according to MLB Gameday. Don't know if that makes up for the error that allowed a unearned run though.

Nice to see that Milton is still pitching well. through 6 innings, and that the 3 runs he has allowed hasn't hurt his ERA all that much at 2.77.

It might be time to pull him soon though, he is approaching the 100 pitch count, and while 2 out of every 3 pitches have been strikes, I don't want his control to go away when we have a precarious 2-run lead.

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='Nati Ice' post='248867' date='Apr 13 2006, 03:53 PM']milton is a decent pitcher, hes worthy of starting in the majors... hes just not great[/quote]

Milton is a solid pitcher and is more like a # 3 SP or a very good # 4. He is nothing to go nuts on or spend 8 mill for, but he is well worth having in the rotation.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='248873' date='Apr 13 2006, 04:01 PM'][b]Ummmm... so just because he is pitching ok in this game...how does that take
away from him being overpaid and lucky to have the lea[/b]d ?
And if Dunn sucks then Milton swallows. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/3.gif[/img][/quote]

UM, maybe because over his entire career he is a damn solid SP. He has one bad year and every fuckin moron jumps on him like he has never been good. He pitched last year and had 1 bad year, got injured during the year and continued pitching thru the injury. This year he is healthy and comes out and has pitched 2 very solid games. Milton can easily give us a 3.75-4.25 ERA and win 12-15 games for us (assuming our pen doesnt blow it).

He is overpaid, but he is a very solid pitcher and isnt lucky to have a lead he is just doing what he can do.

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='DanvilleBengal' post='248883' date='Apr 13 2006, 04:11 PM']Nice stab by Dunn to end the inning. Robbed him at the wall according to MLB Gameday. Don't know if that makes up for the error that allowed a unearned run though.

Nice to see that Milton is still pitching well. through 6 innings, and that the 3 runs he has allowed hasn't hurt his ERA all that much at 2.77.

[b]It might be time to pull him soon though, he is approaching the 100 pitch count, and while 2 out of every 3 pitches have been strikes, I don't want his control to go away when we have a precarious 2-run lead.[/b][/quote]

He is known to get tired around the 85 pitch mark and becomes EVEN more of a flyball pitcher and thats where it hurts him. So good call on that one, altho we may want to leave him in rather than go to our bullpen LOL

Kearns smashes a three run homer to give the Reds a five run lead over the Cubbies, 8-3. We have gone into the bullpen and got Todd Coffey. He looked pretty good, he K'ed the last batter of the seventh.

But so far, he's walked Lee, and he's facing Murton now, got a 1-2 count on him, hope he can make him chase one for another K or a ground out. :254:

edit: we just turned the double play on Lee and Murton!!! :headbang: Good play by the infield, and no errors.

Guest oldschooler
[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='248889' date='Apr 13 2006, 03:24 PM']UM, maybe because over his entire career he is a damn solid SP. He has one bad year and every fuckin moron jumps on him like he has never been good. He pitched last year and had 1 bad year, got injured during the year and continued pitching thru the injury. This year he is healthy and comes out and has pitched 2 very solid games. Milton can easily give us a 3.75-4.25 ERA and win 12-15 games for us (assuming our pen doesnt blow it).

He is overpaid, but he is a very solid pitcher and isnt lucky to have a lead he is just doing what he can do.[/quote]

Ummm I couldn`t care less what the motherfucker did in his career.
I`m a REDS fans and that 1 bad year was with the REDS.

I never feel confident that he will get anyone out. He goes to deep
in the count, and gives up to many homers. Ecspecially for the coin
he is getting paid.

I`m glad that he is 2-0 on the season. But he gives me an ulcer everytime
he takes the mound. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/40.gif[/img]

Guest bengalrick
milton was hurt last year... he is healthy now, so it shouldn't be a surprise that we are seeing the pre-reds milton... it also helped bringing in mario soto and tom browning in the offseason, to teach a couple of our guys a better change up...

milton has looked good in preseason and now in 2 starts... i am glad to have him going out there every 5 days... harrang, arroya, and milton is a nice 1, 2, 3 punch...

Archived