Reds @ Cubs

Top of the third inning, and the Reds are up 3-0. Arroyo just homer off of Glendon Roush for the Reds' 3rd homer in this game.

Dunn and Griffey have already put up solo homers in this game already, and numerous hits by our crew were carried to the warning track. At GABP, those would be gone. The wind is in our favor today, and it looks like we are gonna get into the Cubs' pen sooner than they expect. I'm not wuite sure whether I want that or not, though.

Game update:

Arroyo's pitching a shutout so far. Bottom of the 4th, and the Reds have a 4-0 lead over the Cubbies, courtesy of another shot by Adam Dunn to left center field. That is his second one of the game and we haven't even completed 4 innings of play yet!!!

So far, Arroyo's ERA for the young season is at 2.61 . When was the last time we could boast a SP with an ERA that low? And yes, I know it covers one start and the innings he's pitched today, but this seems promising.

Wily Mo Arroyo is a machine!

Jim Bowden, feast your eyes!

haha, he may never hit another home run, but its funny he hit two in his first few at bats back in the NL, and off of the same pitcher....

He's probably had Milton throwing him BP recently..................

Other games right now:

Kansas City is winning vs. the Yankees 7-4, about to go to the bottom of the 7th. :thumbsup:
Mets are destroying the Nationals, 5-1, currently top of the ninth.
Toronto is losing to the Red Sox, 4-1, at the top of the fourth.

Stay tuned for more updates from the DanvilleBengal.

***BENGAL ROAR****

I wonder if Arroyo turns out to be this staff's ace....he's certainly pitched like one during spring training and his first starts as a Red.

It would take a lot of pressure off of Harang and Claussen to have a third guy that can go long and eat innings and keeping us from going into the bullpen.

[size=3]EDWIN ENCARCION JUST SLUGGED A GRAND SLAM INTO LEFT CENTER FIELD!!

[color="#FF0000"]REDS LEAD 8-0!!!!

edit: [font="Tahoma"][b]Make it 9-0 Reds!!! Kearns just slammed another run in approximately 420 feet into dead center field.[/b][/font][/color] [/size]

Guest WhoDeyForever
:headbang: SWEET ASS!!!!!!!!!I KNEW EE WAS GONNA GET THAT GRAND SLAM FOR SOME REASON!!!I just thought in my head EE is gonna get this grand slam and look what happend :badger: Nice job by Austin too!!!!!! :bowdown:

Arroyo's ERA--2.13 so far this year :headbang: thank you BoSOX :afropic:

[quote name='WhoDeyForever' post='247749' date='Apr 11 2006, 04:11 PM']:headbang: SWEET ASS!!!!!!!!!I KNEW EE WAS GONNA GET THAT GRAND SLAM FOR SOME REASON!!!I just thought in my head EE is gonna get this grand slam and look what happend :badger: Nice job by Austin too!!!!!! :bowdown:

Arroyo's ERA--2.13 so far this year :headbang: thank you BoSOX :afropic:[/quote]

Damn, please think in your head that the Reds will win the World Series. :bowdown: :bowdown:

Guest WhoDeyForever

[quote name='dieselman44' post='247755' date='Apr 11 2006, 04:16 PM']Damn, please think in your head that the Reds will win the World Series. :bowdown: :bowdown:[/quote]
I already have many many times.....it's gonna happen B)

Guest ThurmanMunster
great game, but doesnt it scare u guys:

5 solo HRs, 1 grand slam.

it seems like 90% of our HRs are always solo shots, we need some people to get on base.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='247770' date='Apr 11 2006, 04:45 PM']great game, but doesnt it scare u guys:

it seems like 90% of our HRs are always solo shots, we need some people to get on base.[/quote]

I agree alittle bit.

But a wins a win, no matter how you win.

Guest Johnsons4Life
[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='247770' date='Apr 11 2006, 03:45 PM']great game, but doesnt it scare u guys:

it seems like 90% of our HRs are always solo shots, we need some people to get on base.[/quote]

They are on the bases as they trot from one to the next. Didn't the Cubs just sweep the Cards???

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='The Scales' post='247863' date='Apr 11 2006, 08:12 PM']JUST WIN BABY!
[b]BIG RED MURDERERS ROW![/b][/quote]

if we had a good bullpen that would be a great name to have for them.

Guest CrazyIrishman5
[quote name='The Scales' post='247863' date='Apr 11 2006, 08:12 PM']JUST WIN BABY!
BIG RED MURDERERS ROW![/quote]
I like it but what about THE BIG RED LONG BALL MACHINE!

Guest Johnsons4Life
[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='247770' date='Apr 11 2006, 03:45 PM']great game, but doesnt it scare u guys:

Thats what Freel is for. Hes a beast.

Archived