Reds vs Brew crew

dieselman44

Another win and we take another series. The Reds starting pitching (with exception of Williams <_< ) is playing lights out, even though ERA is high for a team 5 games above .500 in the beginning of the year.

Reds total W-L record: 11 wins, 6 losses. Reds on a 3 game win streak.

----SP------/-------Record
Arroyo--------------3-0
Harang--------------2-1
Milton----------------2-1
Claussen------------1-1
Dave Williams------0-2 :rant:

Our starting pitching staff has been credited with 8 of our 11 wins so far this year, but 5 of our 6 losses. That is pretty solid looking records to me at the beginning of a season except for Dave Williams, but we still have work to do, I want to see our starters go deeper in games with the exception of Milton, so that we don't over-expose our struggling bullpen. And I want to see more contact by our lineup when we are in RISP situations; basically they need to chill on the power and just send it the opposite way.

Guest bengalrick
BRANDON PHILLIPS

Last 5 games: 10 for 22 - .455 (5 game hitting streak) 2 Hr's, 3 doubles, 6 runs, 13 rbi's

and his defense has impressed me too... i'm quickly falling in love w/ this guy.... along w/ the ownership... some KEY trades so far...

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='bengalrick' post='253408' date='Apr 22 2006, 12:44 AM']BRANDON PHILLIPS

Last 5 games: 10 for 22 - .455 (5 game hitting streak) 2 Hr's, 3 doubles, 6 runs, 13 rbi's

and his defense has impressed me too... i'm quickly falling in love w/ this guy.... along w/ the ownership... some KEY trades so far...[/quote]

well he was supposed to be the next superstar, during the Colon trade back when the Expos got him from Cleveland. He was forced into the majors too early tho and it hurt him, now he is starting to really turn it on and has been givin a chacne. Gotta love Krivskys eye.

Guest oldschooler
MY FUCKING GOD !!!!

Claussen has given up 6 hits and 3 homers in the 4th inning !
Recorded NO OUTS !

Reds losing 9-0 !!!!!!!

AND HAVE A NO HITTER BEING THROWN AGAINST THEM !!!!!!!

I think saying Claussen's having a bad day is a bit of an understatement at this point. He's given up four homers already and there are still no one out.

i think we can call this one a day folks, the Reds are probably gonna drop this one, down nine runs with no hits, and we have to turn to the bullpen early. Damn, Brandon, what happened? You were pitching well in your other starts, even though you didn't get the decisons.

Chris Hammond is out on the mound for Claussen now. Hope he can contain the damage caused by Claussen, and its a pretty good start, mowing down the first batter with three pitches.

Guest ThurmanMunster
Claussen had a bad day, wow. Ud think the world was coming to a fucking end. If a pitcher on this team doesnt throw a fuckin great start every time, its automatically that he sucks.

This type of shit has happend to everyone b4 in their career. Narron didnt help by leaving him in there that long or ATLEAST visiting the mound to calm him down.

The Reds were due for a loss and since i picked up Claussen for a random start in fantasy baseball, i just got FUCKED! I flipped a coin between Bush and Claussen...it landed on Claussen. Next time ill go against the flip because that just killed my fantasy team. I have so many death threat comments for Narron cuz his dumbass left him in so fucking long and couldnt even visit the mound. what a POS manager. BUCKY DENT for INTERIM!!!

Guest oldschooler
[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='253579' date='Apr 22 2006, 02:50 PM']Claussen had a bad day, wow. Ud think the world was coming to a fucking end. If a pitcher on this team doesnt throw a fuckin great start every time, its automatically that he sucks.

This type of shit has happend to everyone b4 in their career. Narron didnt help by leaving him in there that long or ATLEAST visiting the mound to calm him down.

The Reds were due for a loss and since i picked up Claussen for a random start in fantasy baseball, i just got FUCKED! I flipped a coin between Bush and Claussen...it landed on Claussen. Next time ill go against the flip because that just killed my fantasy team. I have so many death threat comments for Narron cuz his dumbass left him in so fucking long and couldnt even visit the mound. what a POS manager. BUCKY DENT for INTERIM!!![/quote]

Do you even watch baseball ?

I`ve seen you hate on almost every player the Reds have.
And even the coaches.
But you`re constantly making excuses for the suck ass pitchers... :roll:

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='253579' date='Apr 22 2006, 03:50 PM']Claussen had a bad day, wow. Ud think the world was coming to a fucking end. If a pitcher on this team doesnt throw a fuckin great start every time, its automatically that he sucks.

The Reds were due for a loss and since i picked up Claussen for a random start in fantasy baseball, i just got FUCKED! I flipped a coin between Bush and Claussen...it landed on Claussen. Next time ill go against the flip because that just killed my fantasy team. I have so many death threat comments for Narron cuz his dumbass left him in so fucking long and couldnt even visit the mound. what a POS manager. BUCKY DENT for INTERIM!!![/quote]

Fantasy baseball= NOT LIFE OR DEATH!!!

chill out man

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='oldschooler' post='253581' date='Apr 22 2006, 03:56 PM']Do you even watch baseball ?
I`ve seen you hate on almost every player the Reds have.
And even the coaches.
But you`re constantly making excuses for the suck ass pitchers... :roll:[/quote]

i said Dunn is good and Kearns can be good, i said i just personally dont like Dunn and Kearns hasnt even put together a full season to claim some of the dick sucking he gets from guys on this board. If/when Kearns puts together a full season of quality, I will apologize on this board to Kearns and the Kearns lovers about hating on him. When Dunn improves his defense, RISP hitting and K's less, which he can do, I will apologize again.

My favorite players on this team are Lopez, Phillips, Encarancion and i believe all 3 will be worht more ot this team than Kearns or Dunn because they will be able to do everything for this team. Phillips already has great defense, Lopez' defense is getting better each game and Encarnacion will be a quality 3B, he is going to take some time tho (just like lopez at SS did).

Claussen doesnt suck and has pitched well this year until today. Milton had 1 bad year. Is 2 for 3 on good starts this year but morons are calling for his head again.

Our SP is doing more than enough of its job to win us enough games. We have a higher % of quality starts, but when we pitch bad, it seems to be REALLY bad.

The bullpen is much more of a problem right now than the SP.

Williams sucks and would be best suited in the bullpen. Arroyo, Harang, Claussen, Milton can be 4 quality pitchers for us in the rotation. We need 1 more to join us and do a quality job. Doesnt really need to be an ace, but another guy at Arroyo/Harang's talent level. The answer might be Homer Bailey, but we are pussying him thru the minors, which i find to be fucking stupid.

Guest ThurmanMunster

[quote name='dieselman44' post='253583' date='Apr 22 2006, 03:59 PM']Fantasy baseball= NOT LIFE OR DEATH!!!
chill out man[/quote]

1) Ive been wanting Narron gone since last season because he is just as shitty as Miley was.

2) Im more pissed about him letting the game get completely out of hand (Claussens confidence has to be shattered right now) rather than fantasy baseball.

3) Fantasy Baseball = Life or Death in this house.
I have won 3 of the last 4 years in my league and my dad won the other year. This year is big time cuz i didnt win last season and cant afford having my dad win 2 years in a row lol. He is sitting in first and im sitting down pretty far so far cuz of injuries to Gagne, Burnett, Benitez (i didnt want any of them :(, but they were best left) and ive got a lot of slow start hitters on my team too. The other guys in this league r kind of money sacrificers because all 10 of them pretty much suck atleast compared to the leagues we used to do at Xavier for the big drafts.

Gotta have that cash and bragging rights. It is the biggest thing in the summer to talk about with Football being dead at the time.

Guest oldschooler
Eric Milton had one bad year ?

He has only had one year where he had an ERA under 4.32.
And that was in 2003...when he only pitched 17 innings !
He gave up 43 homers in 2002 while pitching for the Phillies.
And then had the "one bad year" last year while giving up 40 homers.
[b]In the last 71 games Milton has started... he has given up 88 HOMERUNS !!![/b]

Brandon Claussen has done more to prove he sucks
than Dunn or Kearns has to prove they suck.

And our starting pitching is doing enough because our
Offense (that would include Dunn and Kearns) score
more runs than the pitchers give up...

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='253579' date='Apr 22 2006, 03:50 PM']Claussen had a bad day, wow. Ud think the world was coming to a fucking end. If a pitcher on this team doesnt throw a fuckin great start every time, its automatically that he sucks.

The bullpen has pitched 6 innings on thursday, 1 inning on friday and 5 innings today... thats 12 innings in the past 3 games they had to pitch.

The Reds bullpen so far this season:
Matt Belisle: 10.2 Innings
Mike Burns: 8.1 Innings (now in the minors)
Todd Coffey: 9.1 Innings
Mike Gosling: 1.1 Innings (now in the minors)
Chris Hammond: 5 Innings
Kent Mercker: 4.1 Innings
Brian Shackelford: 1.1 Innings
David Weathers: 7.2 Innings
Rick White: 10.2
-----------------------------
Total: 58.2 Innings

The Reds starters have pitched:
Bronson Arroyo: 26.2 Innings
Brandon Claussen: 20 Innings
Aaron Harang: 22.2 Innings
Eric Milton: 18 Innings
Dave Williams: 12 Innings
-----------------------------
Total: 98.1 Innings

and now Harang will be starting tomorrow in place of Milton because hes returning to Cincinnati to have his knee checked.

[quote]The answer might be Homer Bailey, but we are pussying him thru the minors, which i find to be fucking stupid.[/quote]

I got lambasted for suggesting this earlier; ruin his arm <_< . Whats the difference between 25 starts in the Magors vs the Minors?

Verlander is starting in Detroit this year popping 98-99 fastballs; this was suppose to be his Senior year. ODU is like 31-6.

[quote name='Nati Ice' post='253693' date='Apr 22 2006, 08:42 PM']surely you jest... :unsure:[/quote]

No,he said it over the winter. :rant: and don't call me Shirley. :D

I'm say after the All-star break as an evaluation process.

Physically he can hurt hiself where is is at now just as easy in the Magors. It's the mental part that raises concern.

Here's the problem back in the day there was can't miss player drafted (pitcher) named David Clyde,
well he did. Teams have what I call, the David Clyde Syndrome.

My oldest tops off at 93 mph, consistently 87-90, but with a two-seamer (hard running and sinking action)
he complements thiswith a nast rob Dibble type slidder; I have encourage him to focus on his change-up.

13 year old AAU National Champion; scheduled to pitch for LSU, but I don't think he is going there.
(He is a helluva SS and wants to be a full-time player)

My youngest is a Freshman on his High School Varsity team. He starts at 2nd base and bats 6th; comes into relieves on occassion. 85-86 fastball, good curve and better change-up.
He batted .636 picking up his first high school victory in a Spring Break Tournament last week making the All Tournament Team. He has 5 multiple-hit games. 12 year old AAU National Champion runner-up.( Pitched the final four innings of championship game; allowed 2 hits 0 runs) came in with the score 2-0; team lost 2-0.

Guest ThurmanMunster

[quote name='Lawman' post='253630' date='Apr 22 2006, 05:44 PM']I got lambasted for suggesting this earlier; ruin his arm <_< . Whats the difference between 25 starts in the Magors vs the Minors?
Verlander is starting in Detroit this year popping 98-99 fastballs; this was suppose to be his Senior year. ODU is like 31-6.[/quote]

His arm wont be any more risky of being injured in the majors or the minors, as long as we have him on a pitch count or give him the needed rest.

the only difference is from a mental standpoint. Mark Berry said Homer Bailey is the best pitcher he has ever seen at that age and that he believes Homer could come up now. Homer throws 97 mph and has a HUGE hooking breaking ball. He could easily be our # 3 atleast this season, but he has ace material and we are not letting him move up quick enough. Felix Hernandez is 19 years old and in the majors for Seattle and Seattle has been smart about bringing guys up b4 (Arod, Griffey and didnt ruin them). Arod and Griffey spent like no time in the minors and neither did Prior or Wood or Duke or Santana i believe. Clemens wasnt in the minors long either. Liriano on the Twins hasnt been in the minors much and they brought him up and r just using him out of the bullpen instead of as a starter to get him comfortable. I think Bailey needs to atleast go to AAA and make 5-10 major league starts ATLEAST.

[quote name='Lawman' post='253692' date='Apr 22 2006, 08:37 PM']yeah, Chris Sabo sez he's ready.[/quote]

Mark Berry also says he is ready along with a TON of other scouts and coaches.

John Olerud never even played in the minor leagues. He went from the draft to the major leagues and i dont think he had any problems.

The biggest point is why the hell not give him a chance?

Archived