MADDEN NFL 07 PREVIEW

Guest ONYX

Guest Matt_Six
I missed the playmakers, too... I used the truck stick a lot at first, but after a while I went back to my juking ways... so they can get rid of that. The hit stick, however, was the best move ever.

Guest ONYX
Found some stuff.....

[url="http://youtube.com/results?search=madden+07&search_type=search_videos"]http://youtube.com/results?search=madden+0...e=search_videos[/url]

This guy was at e3 this year and he did a very good summary of what he saw with madden.

[quote]Just got back from E3 and had a chance to play Madden 07 on all 3 consoles.

Xbox 360
"Please keep in mind while reading that the build that we saw at E3 was only 60% complete."
The build was set up for 1 min. quarters so it was a little tough to get a real good impression of the game. Here are my impressions. The engine, graphics and gameplay look and feel similar to last year but there are significant improvements. The graphics are more detailed this time around from everything to the player models to the very cool and much improved field degradation. The field gets torn up and wet when it rains and footprints and the field wearing out are all there this year. The grass is now 3D. There are now cool player intros where they are introduced like every game is the Super Bowl. Running out of their inflated helmets, high fiving their teammates.... To sum up the graphic impressions from E3, The graphics are improved over last year but not by leaps and bounds from the current Madden from what I saw at E3 and still not up to par with the draft day renders we saw a couple of years ago in my opinion. The coolest upgrade in graphics is the weather effects on the field and how it deteriorates as the game goes on.

I noticed that the defensive A.I. seems much smarter this year. The DB's cover better, the blocking is smarter. It seems like a much tighter and smarter A.I. this time around. Running and blocking seems to be vastly improved. You can see holes in the line and I have a feeling running, especially up the middle will be much more realistic.

Kicking is totally new and a huge change. It is similar to the swing in a Tiger Woods game. You pull down on the stick and back up again It is not as easy as last year. It takes more precision and timing. If you don't get your kick just right this year, you may have a few blocks.

There will be mini camp and you can challenge plays this year. The two mini camp modes that were on the build were weightlifting and running the 40. These modes were a lot of fun and challenging. The graphics in these modes look cool. You enter into what looks like a combine for the NFL tryouts. Guys are all over the place lifting weights and working out. It is very well done visually. You run by precisely moving your sticks in a running motion. Its fun to try and beat your time in the 40, or beat your lbs in weightlifting. I was told by one of the developers that in franchise mode, you use these training techniques to get your player back on the field after injury. I was concerned because I didn't see any training camp modes that actually helped my in game skills, such as swat, Rushing attack and in game skills drills. I asked the developers about this and they assured me that they would be in there.

A couple of negative notes..QB fumble issue was still in the game in this build. Hopefully this will be fixed before the game is finished. The most serious issue in my opinion is that at this point there is NO individual playmaker on defense and from what I was told by one of the developers, it will not be in this years game. I was very disappointed and actually angry about this and began to let the developers hear my frustrations. Their response was that , this is a next gen engine and it takes time to implement all of the features that were in the Xbox Madden. Two completely different game engines. Since this is a new engine, new console, each cycle they only have a certain amount of time to add new features. They started from scratch with this new Madden engine last year. They reminded me that it took years on the original Xbox to achieve all of the final features that were in Madden 06 for Xbox.

I asked about on line this year, stats tracking. They were pretty quiet about this. They did tell me about a point system. A little different from achievements. You gain points both on and off line by achieving certain milestones in the game and you build your Madden Points which appears with your profile on line.

The game was certainly fun to play at E3 and it seemed much more challenging. Many areas of the game were not accessible in the E3 build so this made it impossible for me to break the game down and have impressions on every aspect of the game. The game was 60% complete according to the developers. They certainly did not show everything at E3. One developer told me that when they finally reveal everything in the game, this may be the deepest Madden yet. I am being invited back to EA in about a month and at that time, the entire game will be unveiled and I will be able to break it down completely and I will have a much more detailed impression at this time. The game definitely has potential to be a very solid football game this year. I am looking forward to going back to EA and get a very detailed hands on session this time.

PS3
The PS3 Madden was only 30% complete and looked like a clone to the 360 version but not as detailed as of yet. The PS3 version has a long way to go and from what I saw, will probably be very similar to the 360 version. I certainly wouldn't buy a PS3 thinking Madden will be superior to the 360 version.

Wii
The Wii Madden was a trip. The games visuals were that of Madden 06 for the Xbox, possibly a bit more detailed and clear. The Wii will have the power equivalent to the original Xbox in general, possibly a bit more powerful but not in the league of the PS3 and 360, but the Wii is all about fun. I thought this game would be a joke, something for little kids, but to my surprise, the game was actually a lot of fun. I found many of the Wii games were just that, lots of fun. Using the wand, or nunchucks as people are starting to refer to them, makes you feel more of a part of the game. Madden Wii will never replace my Madden 360 or PS3, at least in the near future but I am more impressed with the Wii than I thought I would be.[/quote]

Guest ONYX

Cool.

:thumbsup:

Based on the on screen previews I have seen, I was not impressed with the Wii's graphics at all.
That article just reaffirms my position on the PS3 and Wii.

Guest ThurmanMunster

[quote name='sneaky' post='268299' date='May 15 2006, 01:04 PM']Cool.

:thumbsup:

Based on the on screen previews I have seen, I was not impressed with the Wii's graphics at all.
That article just reaffirms my position on the PS3 and Wii.[/quote]

the Wii wasnt attempting to compete with 360 and PS3 graphics. The Wii is providing the games and the fun. I prefer my NES to any other system. Graphics dont really matter to me, all that matters is the amount of games and the fun factor i cna have playing them. I will probably buy an Xbox 360 when Halo 3 comes out and i will probably buy a Wii later on. I wont touch the PS3 tho, it just isnt very good.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='268310' date='May 15 2006, 01:19 PM']the Wii wasnt attempting to compete with 360 and PS3 graphics. The Wii is providing the games and the fun. I prefer my NES to any other system. Graphics dont really matter to me, all that matters is the amount of games and the fun factor i cna have playing them. I will probably buy an Xbox 360 when Halo 3 comes out and i will probably buy a Wii later on. I wont touch the PS3 tho, it just isnt very good.[/quote]

I am with you on the PS3. They are kinda screwed this time around. If PS3 put out their system at the same time as xbox or before it they would be on a roll and xbox would be screwed, but now they are stuck between a rock and a hard place with their system.

Guest ONYX
[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='268310' date='May 15 2006, 01:19 PM']the Wii wasnt attempting to compete with 360 and PS3 graphics. [b]The Wii is providing the games and the fun. I prefer my NES to any other system. Graphics dont really matter to me, all that matters is the amount of games and the fun factor i cna have playing them.[/b] I will probably buy an Xbox 360 when Halo 3 comes out and i will probably buy a Wii later on. I wont touch the PS3 tho, it just isnt very good.[/quote]

Well, as far as I am concerned, if I am going to drop a few hundred bucks on a new console, the
graphics better be substantially better than the console I already own.

If it was just about fun for most consumers, they'd still be making Atari 2600s.

If the technology is there, I expect awesome graphics as well as fun gameplay if videogame makers
want to see money from me.

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='sneaky' post='268695' date='May 16 2006, 09:01 AM']Well, as far as I am concerned, if I am going to drop a few hundred bucks on a new console, the
graphics better be substantially better than the console I already own.

If it was just about fun for most consumers, they'd still be making Atari 2600s.

If the technology is there, I expect awesome graphics as well as fun gameplay if videogame makers
want to see money from me.[/quote]

ya well the Wii provides gameplay never done, its graphics will be a slight upgrade from the Xbox and it will cost less than the 360 and way less than the PS3. Graphics dont mean all that.

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='BadassBengal' post='270275' date='May 19 2006, 02:54 PM']AAAAAAAH, fuck that!

gimme my goddamn playmaker back, you lazy sonsabitches[/quote]

r u trading for Lawson as soon as it comes out?

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='268310' date='May 15 2006, 01:19 PM']the Wii wasnt attempting to compete with 360 and PS3 graphics. The Wii is providing the games and the fun. I prefer my NES to any other system. Graphics dont really matter to me, all that matters is the amount of games and the fun factor i cna have playing them. I will probably buy an Xbox 360 when Halo 3 comes out and i will probably buy a Wii later on. I wont touch the PS3 tho, it just isnt very good.[/quote]
The biggest feature of the Wii is that dumb ass controller. Yet another system I can pass on now.

Guest ONYX
[size=7][color="#FF0000"][b]SWEET!!!!![/b][/color][/size]

[url="http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?ei=UTF-8&p=madden+07&b=1&oid=048c88d5721d5bdc&rurl=www.gametrailers.com&vdone=http%3A%2F%2Fvideo.yahoo.com%2Fvideo%2Fsearch%3Fei%3DUTF-8%26p%3Dmadden%2B07&vback=Results"]http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?ei=UTF-8...7&vback=Results[/url]

Guest BadassBengal
[quote name='sneaky' post='277158' date='Jun 3 2006, 05:23 PM'][size=7][color="#FF0000"][b]SWEET!!!!![/b][/color][/size]
[url="http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?ei=UTF-8&p=madden+07&b=1&oid=048c88d5721d5bdc&rurl=www.gametrailers.com&vdone=http%3A%2F%2Fvideo.yahoo.com%2Fvideo%2Fsearch%3Fei%3DUTF-8%26p%3Dmadden%2B07&vback=Results"]http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?ei=UTF-8...7&vback=Results[/url][/quote]

they STILL DONT HAVE THE FUCKIN HAIR DONE RIGHT!

GODDAMN LAZY SONSABITCHES!

what's so sweet about this?

NOTHING about that vid was impressive

[quote name='BadassBengal' post='277646' date='Jun 4 2006, 08:00 PM']they STILL DONT HAVE THE FUCKIN HAIR DONE RIGHT!

GODDAMN LAZY SONSABITCHES!

what's so sweet about this?

NOTHING about that vid was impressive[/quote]

why are you such a cuntbag, it looks cool, the realistic field stuff looks better, the movements when tackled looks better. but they probably wont have unrealistic bullshit talents for star players again, so you cant get 57 sacks a game ...sorry..i hear that lawrence taylor video game has hookers and drugs and drama tied in, ..probably more your speed.

Guest BadassBengal
[quote name='GoBengals' post='277697' date='Jun 4 2006, 08:47 PM']why are you such a cuntbag, it looks cool, the realistic field stuff looks better, the movements when tackled looks better. but they probably wont have unrealistic bullshit talents for star players again, so you cant get 57 sacks a game ...sorry..i hear that lawrence taylor video game has hookers and drugs and drama tied in, ..probably more your speed.[/quote]

You're a fucking moron. I said nothing about any of that shit. The game looks the exact same as last years game. No fuckin improvements whatsoever. Another EA Sports rince, wash, repeat.

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='BadassBengal' post='277701' date='Jun 4 2006, 08:52 PM']You're a fucking moron. I said nothing about any of that shit. The game looks the exact same as last years game. No fuckin improvements whatsoever. Another EA Sports rince, wash, repeat.[/quote]

they need time to work with the 360 to get its full abilities as do all companies. EA Sports is great, dont rip them.

Guest Matt_Six
i think EA is at a stage where graphics cant get much better. i mean, how many of you zoom in and make sure randy moss has his tattoos? i sure as hell dont care myself.

right now it's about gameplay... and i think they might be at the end of the road with that, too.

how much emphasis can you put on a running game besides actually being the lineman? they're doing it this year.

with the passing, they did the QB triangle, which I liked, but many people i talked to hated.

anyway - i just dont think there is much more you can do to make the game better besides update the roster and player attributes. instead of bitching about the game not looking good, what would you do to make the game better than it already is.

If I could change one thing from the game we have now, I would like to be able to have a lateral/shovel pass option and I'd like for my interior defensive lineman do more than just stand there and take up space and hold OL blockers. I'd like to see them get more tackles, especially in 4-3 defenses. I've ended seasons when my interior DL only have 15 tackles (im usually a backer or safety). it's nice to get 15 sacks with everyone on your team, but realistic stats would be nice, too. i play on 7 minute quarters, so it's not very hard to throw for 60 touchdowns every season

all in all, madden is the best game(s) ever. love it or hate it... it's the only real football game you're going to get to play for a while, so it's probably best you learn to like it.

Guest BadassBengal
[quote name='Matt_Six' post='277986' date='Jun 5 2006, 03:43 PM'][b]all in all, madden is the best game(s) ever[/b]. love it or hate it... it's the only real football game you're going to get to play for a while, so it's probably best you learn to like it.[/quote]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

You obviously don't know videogames. I could name 100 games off the top of my head better than the Madden series

Guest ONYX

[quote name='BadassBengal' post='278037' date='Jun 5 2006, 06:27 PM'][img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img]

You obviously don't know videogames. I[b] could name 100 games off the top of my head better than the Madden series[/b][/quote]

Lets hear them son.

<_<

Anyway, I will conceed that Madden has not always been the best football game on the market.

The NFL2K series had that distinction when it first arrived on the Dreamcast and especially with
their last installment. (NFL2K5)

But Madden was able to wipe out their competition by buying the exclusive rights from both the
NFL and NCAA. So like EA or not, if you want to play an updated video game with authentic pro
and college trademarks, you dont have a choice.

Also BAB, did you even read any of the preview articles posted here or somewhere else?

If you know anything about Madden, they will always add features to their game gradually
each year. Now whether that is out of nessecity or on purpose, we will never know?

If you think about it, if you were EA and you had 5 to 7 years to make games for the 360 before
a newer game system came out, why would you put all the features you can in the first game?

Fickle customers would be complaining that there is nothing new. So they probably
hold back and implement new features every year so the masses will buy.

Blame that on called "Capitalism".

Now back to the gameplay, so far based on what I have seen, I can tell the running game will be
much improved. I also hear, they have improved the blocking AI, so cheap sacks when playing the
CPU wont occur nearly as often.

There are 2 kinds of video game football fans, those who love simulations (realisim) and those who
like arcade style. (Nfl Blitz, Nfl Street)

I loved the NFL2K series because it attempted to be a sim. I hated previous versions of Madden where
you could take the snap, back peddle 30 yards from the line of scrimmage and fire a 70 yard strike on
target from off your backfoot. <_<

It seems that Madden is attempting to be more like a sim. Thats good news for players like me, maybe not
so for players like BAB.

Guest ThurmanMunster

[quote name='sneaky' post='278057' date='Jun 5 2006, 07:11 PM']Lets hear them son.
<_<

Anyway, I will conceed that Madden has not always been the best football game on the market.

The NFL2K series had that distinction when it first arrived on the Dreamcast and especially with
their last installment. (NFL2K5)

But Madden was able to wipe out their competition by buying the exclusive rights from both the
NFL and NCAA. So like EA or not, if you want to play an updated video game with authentic pro
and college trademarks, you dont have a choice.

Also BAB, did you even read any of the preview articles posted here or somewhere else?

If you know anything about Madden, they will always add features to their game gradually
each year. Now whether that is out of nessecity or on purpose, we will never know?

If you think about it, if you were EA and you had 5 to 7 years to make games for the 360 before
a newer game system came out, why would you put all the features you can in the first game?

Fickle customers would be complaining that there is nothing new. So they probably
hold back and implement new features every year so the masses will buy.

Blame that on called "Capitalism".

Now back to the gameplay, so far based on what I have seen, I can tell the running game will be
much improved. I also hear, they have improved the blocking AI, so cheap sacks when playing the
CPU wont occur nearly as often.

There are 2 kinds of video game football fans, those who love simulations (realisim) and those who
like arcade style. (Nfl Blitz, Nfl Street)

[b]I loved the NFL2K series because it attempted to be a sim. I hated previous versions of Madden where
you could take the snap, back peddle 30 yards from the line of scrimmage and fire a 70 yard strike on
target from off your backfoot. <_< [/b]
It seems that Madden is attempting to be more like a sim. Thats good news for players like me, maybe not
so for players like BAB.[/quote]

if u play good people, they wont allow u to make those moves. Madden is much better than NFL2k5 and that was a good game, i own both. BAB is probably just real bad at Madden and thats why he dislikes it.

Guest ONYX
[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='278086' date='Jun 5 2006, 07:56 PM']if u play good people, they wont allow u to make those moves.[b] Madden is much better than NFL2k5 and that was a good game, i own both.[/b] BAB is probably just real bad at Madden and thats why he dislikes it.[/quote]

Uhmmmm........[b]NO!!!!!![/b]

Guest Matt_Six
[quote name='BadassBengal' post='278037' date='Jun 5 2006, 06:27 PM'][img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

You obviously don't know videogames. I could name 100 games off the top of my head better than the Madden series[/quote]

No way.

In Madden, I get to combine two things I love... Bengals and videogames.

No way is there a better game out there. I've really liked a lot of different games, but none as well as Madden. It's hard to compare a sport game (like Madden) to other games like first person shooters and RPGs because they're so different in style and play.

In my opinion, Madden is the best.

You can go back to playing Pa Rappa the Rappa now.

Guest BadassBengal
[quote name='sneaky' post='278057' date='Jun 5 2006, 07:11 PM']It seems that Madden is attempting to be more like a sim. Thats good news for players like me, maybe not
so for players like BAB.[/quote]

Hah, no. The ESPN/Sega sports games were known for being much more realistic than EA's, ESPECIALLY the football games.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='278086' date='Jun 5 2006, 07:56 PM']if u play good people, they wont allow u to make those moves. Madden is much better than NFL2k5 and that was a good game, i own both. [b]BAB is probably just real bad at Madden and thats why he dislikes it.[/b][/quote]

Go likes Madden, but I still whooped his ass when I played him on XBL.

Archived