Kids versus Tanks

Guest BlackJesus

[quote name='Chris Henrys Dealer' post='274318' date='May 28 2006, 11:17 AM']By giving them homes do you mean, to completely abandon the areas of the Palestinian Territory they live in now? Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of one day trying to get a Palestine back?

About 40% of Jordan's current population is from absorbed Palestinians. In a sense it's becoming a problem for the Jordanian leadership, a long time US ally, as they have to balance the fact that the Palestinian segment of their population is growing. Large numbers in Syria as well. I think in other cases, people might not want to move that far. In Dubai, when I lived there, it had a huge expatriate Palestinian community. Many who has been set up by the govt. there.

But onto your other point, in the years we lived in the Gulf, I found that there was a fair bit of racism between the Arabs themselves. The Gulf Arabs with oil looked down on the countries with less (Kuwaiti's were the worse) Actually, everyone seemed to hate the Kuwaitis. When the Iraqi's invaded in 1990, I remember the sentiment amongst most of my local UAE arab friends was along the lines of "couldn't happen to nicer people". However, the exception was the people from Oman. Very nice and every one liked the Omanis.

The "white" Arabs like the Lebanese, Tunisians, Moroccans, felt that they were the "civilised" arabs because of their long history, and that the Gulf Arabs had just hit the lottery with the oil thing.

At the bottom of the rung then came the "black" arabs like Sudan / Somali's who all the others seemed to dimiss.

But yeah, I did find the whole Arab unity ideal a bit lacking.

I think another factor might just be the fact that in many cases, some of the country's don't have much history and hence are still getting the whole unity thing figured out. For example the UAE has only existed since 1971 when several tribal states came together. Same with Kuwait. Saudi Arabia has only existed in its virtual form for maybe 90 years.[/quote]
You summed it up better than I could. I already knew that Palestinians lived in adjacent countries, but I guess I didn't think there were so many. I was thinking that there was a lot of lip service to the Palestinian cause but an equal amount of resitance to absorbing the expatriated populations.
And I always forget how "young" some of these established Arab countries really are, so maybe that does have a lot to do with their disunity....except when it comes to eradicating Israel that is....

Guest BlackJesus
[center][img]http://c.myspace.com/Groups/00008/23/95/8375932_l.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/2856/213901414l9ll.jpg[/img][/center]

BJ I am quite sure that you wouldn't have to work very hard to find an equal number of graphic depictions of suffering, pain and violence of Israelis as perpetrated by the Palestinians. Both sides share equal guilt in the continuing spiral of death that is their "coexistence".

Guest BlackJesus
[quote name='Bunghole' post='274360' date='May 28 2006, 03:11 PM']BJ I am quite sure that you wouldn't have to work very hard to find an equal number of graphic depictions of suffering, pain and violence of Israelis as perpetrated by the Palestinians. Both sides share equal guilt in the continuing spiral of death that is their "coexistence".[/quote]

[b]this would be like saying that the slaves on the Amistad ship who revolted and killed their captors ... where just as culpable as the slave traders....

one side is fighting to continue oppressing ... the other side is fighting to throw off their oppressors .... [/b]

One thing is certain...

Only one side is consistently devouring the territory of the other...Backed by money, weapons, and intelligence from the West.

People are dying on both sides...But the Palestinians can only manage the equivalent of bloodying Israel's nose, before getting their heads blown off again and again.

No doubt it is a very even fight to those who would pour $500 Billion into a country that could have been taken and held for $50 Billion.

I suppose the key, as always, is 'getting them before they get you'...God forbid that anyone ever gets to compete on an even playing field.

BZ

Guest BlackJesus

[center][color="#CC0000"][b][size=3] :rant: Also how about the story of American woman Rachel Corrie ....
ran over and killed by an Israeli bulldozer .... [/size] [/b] [/color]

[img]http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j318/Tredcrow/Rachel_Corrie.jpg[/img]

[url="http://www.rachelcorrie.org/"]http://www.rachelcorrie.org/[/url][/center]

Guest BlackJesus
[center][color="#000066"][b][size=4]This picture says it all ......[/size][/b][/color]

[img]http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j318/Tredcrow/l143a3pe.jpg[/img][/center]

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='274457' date='May 29 2006, 12:06 AM'][center] -_-
[img]http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j318/Tredcrow/20001204xndkushooting1ry1ph.jpg[/img][/center][/quote]

god,,that is very very
i dont know what to say

Guest Coy Bacon
Lawman put up an intersting discussion, but when a person is defending himself from the aggression of another, discussing the resulting conflict in terms of offenses and entrenched attitudes on "both sides" is taking the side of the aggressor.

BAB considers it a different matter if the tanks are U.S. tanks. That would make it even worse. Even some Jews consider the attempts to use the Bible as justification for the Zionist land-grabbing state in Palestine bogus, but the rationalization for U.S. aggression against Iraq (or even Afghanistan for that matter - invocation of the uninvestigated crimes of 9/11 duly considered) is even more bogus.

BAB is just an example of the state of North American blacks - to the extent that we go along with this putrid genocidal aggression after what we've seen and experienced, we seal our utterly ignominious role in history and weaken the argument against our own eventual extermination. Who should give a fuck about us if we don't give a fuck about right and wrong? And this shit is dead wrong - we of all people should know that.

[quote]Lawman put up an intersting discussion, but when a person is defending himself from the aggression of another, discussing the resulting conflict in terms of offenses and entrenched attitudes on "both sides" is taking the side of the aggressor.[/quote]

Coy, I was attempting to illustrate the point that I had a comprehensive understanding of the Oslo Accords. In this agreement there were Five points that Arafat failed to abide by. One of those points was to stop indoctrinating Palestinian children with anti-semetic propaganda in the classroom and textbooks.

BJ brings forth imagery depicting little boys throwing stones at Israeli tanks (they could be UN, it doesn't matter) those kids do not belong there, I am on the side of those kids. They are being used as part propaganda and part shields.

BTW, there is more to the father and son story than what has been presented. <_<

Guest BlackJesus

[quote name='Lawman' post='274671' date='May 29 2006, 08:30 PM']Arafat failed to abide by. One of those points was to stop indoctrinating Palestinian children with [b][size=3]anti-semetic[/size] [/b] propaganda in the classroom and textbooks.[/quote]

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

[b]Ah that classic trick .... the good ol Anti-Semetic Bullshit !!!! [/b]

[size=3][color="#CC0000"][b][color="#006600"]* Palestinian people themselves are Semitic [/color] [/color] [/size]

[u][size=3]Semitic:[/size][/u]

Pronunciation: s&-'mi-tik also -'me-
Function: adjective
Etymology: German semitisch, from Semit, Semite Semite, probably from New Latin Semita, from Late Latin Semitic Shem
:contract: 1 : of, relating to, or constituting a subfamily of the Afro-Asiatic language family that [size=3]includes Hebrew, Aramaic, Arabic, and Amharic.[/size][/b]

[color="#000099"][b]The Zionist media in the U.S. has morphed that word into the publics mind as a quick propaganda tool ..... <_<
Anti-Zionism is not Anti-Semitism .... [/b] [/color]

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='274678' date='May 29 2006, 07:10 PM']:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
[size=3][color="#CC0000"][b][color="#006600"]* Palestinian people themselves are Semitic [/color] [/color] [/size]

Etymology: German semitisch, from Semit, Semite Semite, probably from New Latin Semita, from Late Latin Semitic Shem
:contract: 1 : of, relating to, or constituting a subfamily of the Afro-Asiatic language family that [size=3]includes Hebrew, Aramaic, Arabic, and Amharic.[/size][/b]
[color="#000099"][b]The Zionist media in the U.S. has morphed that word into the publics mind as a quick propaganda tool ..... <_<
Anti-Zionism is not Anti-Semitism .... [/b] [/color][/quote]
While you're right that Zionists and Jews aren't necessarily the same, there is no argument for the indoctrination of children into this battle ala the suicide bomber.
I'd be willing to bet you my life's savings that Palestinians that decide to strap on bomb vests don't distinguish between different types of Jews, as long as they are guaranteed their virgins and are killing Jews of some kind.
This is where your argument becomes an oversimplification because as you say, there are many sects of Jewish people who believe that the "Palestinian problem" is far more than building fences and killing innocent people for sport.
And innocent Jews ARE being murdered just as innocent Palestinians are.
Tell me please that Hamas is only going to target those particular Jews that are Zionists....I know, you can't, hence, we have the situation we have.
Furthermore, I resent the implication in some of your posts that the acquisition of lands by Israel in the 1960's and early 1970's was somehow a "land grab" and illegal....Israel WAS ATTACKED BY A COALITION OF ARAB COUNTRIES AND THEY GOT THEIR ASSES HANDED TO THEM! AND LAND TAKEN FROM THEM!
Israel exists at the will of the world and the UN.
People like you enjoy using the UN as a bully pulpit against the USA when it suits you, yet if it weren't for the "funding as you can contribute" policy that defines the UN's existence, if it weren't for the USA, there WOULD BE NO UN!
And that's a modern interpretation, the UN back when Israel was created was far more international......
Oh yeah, and fuck you for being a war monger disguised as a peace bringer....if Palestinians somehow managed to wipe Israel off the map (or Iran), you would be happy, and for what?
You are supposed to champion the innocents without regard to country, position and wealth.
Be consistent.
Everyone deserves at least a chance to live.

Guest Coy Bacon

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='274678' date='May 29 2006, 09:10 PM']:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Anti-Zionism is not Anti-Semitism .... [/b] [/color][/quote]

Good point.

As for Lawman's point - those tanks belong there less than those boys. Find the Zionists a homeland in Germany or back in the old Khazar lands around the Caucasus mountains.

Guest BlackJesus
[quote name='Bunghole' post='274691' date='May 29 2006, 10:23 PM']People like you enjoy using the UN as a bully pulpit against the USA when it suits you, yet if it weren't for the "funding as you can contribute" policy that defines the UN's existence, if it weren't for the USA, there WOULD BE NO UN![/quote]

[b]you're wrong ... I actually wish the U.N. would expel the United States membership .....

We ruin the United Nations more than any other nation .... Also once we are out then Israel won't have their parent at the playground with them anymore .... We use our veto power in the U.S. to make it all one large fucking puppet show .... It should just be called (the U.S. the other big 5 nations, Israel as the step child whom only the U.S. likes, and all the others watching)[/b]

Guest BlackJesus
[quote name='Bunghole' post='274691' date='May 29 2006, 10:23 PM']While you're right that Zionists and Jews aren't necessarily the same, there is no argument for the indoctrination of children into this battle ala the suicide bomber.[/quote]

[center][img]http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j318/Tredcrow/Suicide_bombman_1.jpg[/img][/center]

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='274698' date='May 29 2006, 08:42 PM'][b]you're wrong ... I actually wish the U.N. would expel the United States membership .....

We ruin the United Nations more than any other nation .... Also once we are out then Israel won't have their parent at the playground with them anymore .... We use our veto power in the U.S. to make it all one large fucking puppet show .... It should just be called (the U.S. the other big 5 nations, Israel as the step child whom only the U.S. likes, and all the others watching)[/b][/quote]
So the other Security Council Members are in our pocket, eh?
And what about the shroud of corruption surrounding the leader of the UN Kofi Annan and his son?
Or the "Oil for food" scandal that has rocked the UN?
I'm sure you'll say that the USA invented all that bullshit just like they do everything else.
BJ, there REALLY are people in our government that care about their constituents, and no matter how hard you and Coy and whomever try to argue it, the checks and balances are still firmly in place against a monopoly of power to any one branch of our federal government.
You guys are literally insane, really. REALLY!
You just lash out at extreme examples of what you perceive to be abuses of power without really investigating because it suits your mindset about our country and the world...
We're nowhere near perfect and Bush is a quasi-buffoon, but make no mistake....we are not a fascist country and nor will we ever be...despite what you may say...

Guest Coy Bacon
[quote name='Bunghole' post='274702' date='May 29 2006, 10:49 PM']So the other Security Council Members are in our pocket, eh?
And what about the shroud of corruption surrounding the leader of the UN Kofi Annan and his son?
Or the "Oil for food" scandal that has rocked the UN?
I'm sure you'll say that the USA invented all that bullshit just like they do everything else.
BJ, there REALLY are people in our government that care about their constituents, and no matter how hard you and Coy and whomever try to argue it, the checks and balances are still firmly in place against a monopoly of power to any one branch of our federal government.
You guys are literally insane, really. REALLY!
You just lash out at extreme examples of what you perceive to be abuses of power without really investigating because it suits your mindset about our country and the world...
We're nowhere near perfect and Bush is a quasi-buffoon, but make no mistake....we are not a fascist country and nor will we ever be...despite what you may say...[/quote]

The idea that checks and balances are still firmly in place against a monopoly of power on the part of any one branch of your federal government is utterly laughable. I'd like to take a look at the crystal ball that allows you to say that you are not a fascist country nor will you ever be, 'cause I think somebody has snuck in and smeared it with some bullshit. You may escape that fate on a technicality, but it's far from a foregone conclusion. My opinion is that you are the one that is literally insane as a result of your failure to investigate the bromides that inform your rather dubious mindset.

[quote name='Coy Bacon' post='274712' date='May 29 2006, 09:04 PM']The idea that checks and balances are still firmly in place against a monopoly of power on the part of any one branch of your federal government is utterly laughable. I'd like to take a look at the crystal ball that allows you to say that you are not a fascist country nor will you ever be, 'cause I think somebody has snuck in and smeared it with some bullshit. You may escape that fate on a technicality, but it's far from a foregone conclusion. My opinion is that you are the one that is literally insane as a result of your failure to investigate the bromides that inform your rather dubious mindset.[/quote]
Prove it.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='274714' date='May 29 2006, 09:07 PM']Prove it.[/quote]
And I like how people on "your side" conveniently dodge the UN question with regards to oil for food, Kofi Annan, the fact that there are other countries with the same veto powers as the USA on the Security Council whom routinely oppose us, etc, etc....

Guest Coy Bacon
[quote name='Bunghole' post='274715' date='May 29 2006, 11:09 PM']And I like how people on "your side" conveniently dodge the UN question with regards to oil for food, Kofi Annan, the fact that there are other countries with the same veto powers as the USA on the Security Council whom routinely oppose us, etc, etc....[/quote]

I'm not particularly an advocate of the UN and I didn't inject it into the discussion. I have nothing to say about it in this context.

And you prove that the checks and balances are firmly in place. You're the one that made the assertion with an air of authority. It's obvious that there is plenty of debate about that among reasonably educated people, so you spend your time proving that that debate is conclusively decided in favor of your position, since you're so sure about it. I think that you firmly laid the burden of proof on your own shoulders - to the extent that any is required - when you chose to question the sanity of those that disagree.

[quote]As for Lawman's point - those tanks belong there less than those boys.[/quote]

see Oslo Accords

A letter on key issues of the PLO and Israel, addressed to Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin, was signed by Yasser Arafat on September 9, 1993. The letter says specifically that:

[i]The PLO recognizes the right of the State of Israel to exist in peace and security.

The PLO accepts United Nations Security Council Resolutions 242 and 338

The PLO commits itself to the Middle East peace process... all outstanding issues ... will be resolved through negotiations

[b]... the PLO renounces the use of terrorism and other acts of violence and will assume responsibility over all PLO elements and personnel in order to assure their compliance, prevent violations and discipline violators[/b] Yeah Right :rolleyes:

... those articles of the Palestinian Covenant which deny Israel's right to exist, and the provisions of the Covenant which are inconsistent with the commitments of this letter are now inoperative and no longer valid

... the PLO undertakes to submit to the Palestinian National Council for formal approval the necessary changes in regard to the Palestinian Covenant.[/i]

[quote]Find the Zionists a homeland in Germany[/quote]

Why Germany?

[quote]or back in the old Khazar lands around the Caucasus mountains.[/quote]

Ok now we are getting somewhere.

the best quote I could find"

[b]I maintain that Oslo was not given even a day's grace. Immediately, even before the ink was dry, the one side planned jihad (Palestinians) and the brainwashing for jihad, while the other planned settlements (Israeli's). Therefore, I don't think Oslo failed, because Oslo was never tried.[/b] (Israeli writer Amos Oz)."

Archived