Anything you want the reds to do before the trade deadline?

JBandJoeyV

Guest Bengals1181
a 5th starter, whether it be trading for one or bringing up say Germano.

I also wouldn't mind if they replaced Dewayne wise on the bench with a bat with more powerful.

Nothing against Wise, but he and Denorfia shouldn't be up at the same time IMO.

Guest WhoDeyForever
[quote name='Bengals1181' post='299885' date='Jul 24 2006, 03:47 PM']a 5th starter, whether it be trading for one or bringing up say Germano.

I also wouldn't mind if they replaced Dewayne wise on the bench with a bat with more powerful.

Nothing against Wise, but he and Denorfia shouldn't be up at the same time IMO.[/quote]

There's Aaron Herr down in Louisville. He seems to be doing very well with the Bats. The problem is hes another 3rd basemen.

[quote name='WhoDeyForever' post='299892' date='Jul 24 2006, 03:52 PM']There's Aaron Herr down in Louisville. He seems to be doing very well with the Bats. The problem is hes another 3rd basemen.[/quote]

Herr has only had 24 atbats with Louisville.

Guest WhoDeyForever
[quote name='CTA513' post='299904' date='Jul 24 2006, 04:08 PM']Herr has only had 24 atbats with Louisville.[/quote]

Exactly. Look at his stats.

I think our bullpen is as solid as it's going to get and we dont really need anyone else coming in.

I think IF Clausen is able to come back, he will be able to fit in as our 5th starter... If he is unable to come back, I think we need to trade for another starter.

Offensively, I think we're more than fine unless Krivsky thinks we need to bring in another bat to play in right field... no super star, just a guy with more power. Tho, I would I like that we have a guy in right who manufactures runs instead of hitting for power in Freel and Denorfia.

Defensively, I think we are as good as we're gonna get in both the infield and outfield.

Basically, the team we have is probably as good as we're gonna get unless we can bring in another starter. Other than that, I think we're going to have to win games with this team we have now.

Archived