Dodgers @ Reds

Guest WhoDeyForever

Guest WhoDeyForever
[b][color="#3333ff"]Los Angeles Dodgers (50-55)[/color] @ [color="#ff0000"]Cincinnati Reds (55-50)[/color][/b]

[b]A. Sele (6-4, 3.79 ERA) vs. B. Arroyo (9-7, 3.20 ERA)[/b]

[b]Game 1 of a 3 game set[/b]

[b]Gametime--- 7:10 ET[/b]

[b]TV--FSN Ohio[/b]

[b]Radio--700 WLW[/b]

After a day off the Reds are back in action to take on the L.A. Dodgers who have really fallen apart in about the last 2 weeks. They are still 5 games behind first place in a poor division and 5 games back from the Reds in the Wild Card standings.

As for the Reds, they come into this game on a 2 game losing streak and series defeat by the Milwaukee Brewers. They are still 3 1/2 games back of the St. Louis Cardinals for the division lead and 1 game ahead of Arizona for the Wild Card Lead.

[b][u]Games to watch[/u][/b]

St. Louis take on the Philadelphia Phillies at St.Louis

The Arizona Diamondbacks go on the road to face the Chicago Cubs.

Guest WhoDeyForever

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='306554' date='Aug 1 2006, 04:49 PM'][b]haha i like how you took my games to watch idea[/b]

anyways, we must get arroyo number 10 tonight, he cant afford to have another bad outing or it will really affect his confidence, and i think once he gets over that 10th win hump, he will be back to normal[/quote]

i like how you took my game thread idea :D

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='306554' date='Aug 1 2006, 04:49 PM']haha i like how you took my games to watch idea
anyways, we must get arroyo number 10 tonight, he cant afford to have another bad outing or it will really affect his confidence, and i think once he gets over that 10th win hump, he will be back to normal[/quote]

To get his 10th win Arroyo has to go back to the cornrows.

;)

Guest WhoDeyForever

[quote name='CTA513' post='306562' date='Aug 1 2006, 04:58 PM']To get his 10th win Arroyo has to go back to the cornrows.

;)[/quote]

Thank you. I thought I was the only one :headbang: Please Arroyo bring back the cornrows

Guest WhoDeyForever

Guys, I dont know about you but I need my Reds baseball fix now. It seems like its been forever since the Reds were playing but it was just Sunday that they were. I hate off days <_<

Sweet idea by the reds:

Reds introduce a new game
The Reds Community Fund today is unveiling the "Reds Rally Game." The game can be played at Great American Ball Park or at home during all remaining Reds regular season home games.
Using a card format, the Reds Rally Game will present thousands of different scenarios that can happen during a game only while the Reds are at bat, such as "first baseman...single" or "intentional walk." Fans will circle the matching Reds play on the card until they have five in a line (diagonal and straight across/down).
For those playing at Great American Ball Park, the first 25 winners that bring their game cards to the Reds Community Fund booth will be awarded Reds memorabilia and merchandise prizes. Once the 25 prizes are awarded, fans can still use the card to receive prizes from National City or discounts from Monro Muffler/Brake & Service. The game cards are free of charge.
Game cards will also include a discount coupon for a ticket to select 2006 regular season Reds home games. For a $1 donation to the Reds Community Fund, fans will receive a $4 discount for a View Level ticket, subject to availability.
Reds Rally Game cards will be distributed at the main ballpark entrances during all regular season home games and are available at the Reds Community Fund booth, located behind Section 120. Beginning this Friday, Aug. 4, game cards will also be available at the Reds Team Shop by Majestic, all Greater Cincinnati

Guest WhoDeyForever

[quote name='dieselman44' post='306597' date='Aug 1 2006, 06:16 PM']Sweet idea by the reds:

Reds introduce a new game
The Reds Community Fund today is unveiling the "Reds Rally Game." The game can be played at Great American Ball Park or at home during all remaining Reds regular season home games.
Using a card format, the Reds Rally Game will present thousands of different scenarios that can happen during a game only while the Reds are at bat, such as "first baseman...single" or "intentional walk." Fans will circle the matching Reds play on the card until they have five in a line (diagonal and straight across/down).
For those playing at Great American Ball Park, the first 25 winners that bring their game cards to the Reds Community Fund booth will be awarded Reds memorabilia and merchandise prizes. Once the 25 prizes are awarded, fans can still use the card to receive prizes from National City or discounts from Monro Muffler/Brake & Service. The game cards are free of charge.
Game cards will also include a discount coupon for a ticket to select 2006 regular season Reds home games. For a $1 donation to the Reds Community Fund, fans will receive a $4 discount for a View Level ticket, subject to availability.
Reds Rally Game cards will be distributed at the main ballpark entrances during all regular season home games and are available at the Reds Community Fund booth, located behind Section 120. Beginning this Friday, Aug. 4, game cards will also be available at the Reds Team Shop by Majestic, all Greater Cincinnati[/quote]

Sounds to hard -_-

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='306671' date='Aug 1 2006, 08:11 PM']all with 2 outs too....i just dont get it anymore[/quote]

It also didnt make since to pitch to Loney after Martin stole second and you have the pitcher on deck.

<_<

im just trying to hope that he wasnt just pitching amazing the first half of the year and now he is back to normal and to get used to it...but when he is pitching well he has been strikes guys out and getting 123 innings, so i would like to think he has just hit a little tough patch and not his actual stuff

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='306726' date='Aug 1 2006, 09:04 PM']anyone watching the game know what happened their with freel? all yahoo says is fielding error on RF freel and now bases are loaded...[/quote]

He ran after a ball that he should have caught but ended up dropping.
Coffey came in and got the batter to hit a ball that should have been a double play but good old Clayton found a way to screw it up by throwing high to firstbase.

:rant:

Guest CincyInDC
[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='306744' date='Aug 1 2006, 09:16 PM']cormier starts his reds career out by walking a guy with the bases loaded...

however, im blaming these 2 runs on the defense not the bullpen completely[/quote]

and now? bases clearing double+3rd base on the throw.

shit.

Archived