Got to be a once-only thing

VonBlade

I can't imagine another time when the following will occur back to back :

Two QBs getting drafted first overall and not playing their rookie year. (Carson/Rivers)
Two QBs being put out to pasture by the "experts" coming on strong and winning comeback player of the year awards.
Two QBs who having previously won CPOTY then get benched for the first round pick the next year.

Now while Carson is clearly a stud QB if I was either Drew or Jon I could understand them getting annoyed. Also it's proof, if proof were needed, that a talented player will remain so and an average player will be found out eventually.

VB

[quote name='VonBlade' date='Jan 6 2005, 06:22 PM']I can't imagine another time when the following will occur back to back :

Two QBs getting drafted first overall and not playing their rookie year. (Carson/Rivers)
Two QBs being put out to pasture by the "experts" coming on strong and winning comeback player of the year awards.
Two QBs who having previously won CPOTY then get benched for the first round pick the next year.

Now while Carson is clearly a stud QB if I was either Drew or Jon I could understand them getting annoyed. Also it's proof, if proof were needed, that a talented player will remain so and an average player will be found out eventually.

VB
[right][post="33718"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
i guess a losing career record, and have one winning season out of 8 makes for some slow learners...

[quote name='eskimo' date='Jan 7 2005, 12:17 AM']drew brees this year is a much better qb than kitna ever has been.
[right][post="33822"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
Agreed. Brees had a far better "comeback" year than Kitna did. In the Chargers' case, it's Rivers whose job is in jeopardy, not Brees'.

Archived