"Henry should have been suspended"

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' post='348278' date='Sep 24 2006, 02:20 PM']I was thinking about making a thread "So who still thinks Henry is a punk?"[/quote]

Me. Great football player, great punk. I wish him luck, but he's going to have to do much more than play some good games to convince me he won't blow his probation.

I hope, and I half expect, that Henry's positive influences on this team -- Palmer, Hue Jackson, ML, Chad Johnson, TJ, etc. -- will bring Henry around and he'll see that football is his salvation -- and more to the point, football on this team, in this offense, is his salvation.

Because here's the thing... He oozes potential greatness. If you could manufacture a WR physically, he's it, and Carson Palmer knows it... To see and hear the personal attention Carson gives him as a #3 receiver speaks volumes. He has length, solidly put together, hands, speed, toughness (demonstrated today). He is sloppy mentally still, on the field and off. But he's only played the equivalent of one season counting time he missed last year. His downside is scary, but his upside is more so. To see him answer his opportunity today was huge.

Guest Coy Bacon

[quote name='Coy Bacon & Egg' post='349656' date='Sep 24 2006, 10:08 PM']I hope, and I half expect, that Henry's positive influences on this team -- Palmer, Hue Jackson, ML, Chad Johnson, TJ, etc. -- will bring Henry around and he'll see that football is his salvation -- and more to the point, football on this team, in this offense, is his salvation.

Because here's the thing... He oozes potential greatness. If you could manufacture a WR physically, he's it, and Carson Palmer knows it... To see and hear the personal attention Carson gives him as a #3 receiver speaks volumes. He has length, solidly put together, hands, speed, toughness (demonstrated today). He is sloppy mentally still, on the field and off. But he's only played the equivalent of one season counting time he missed last year. His downside is scary, but his upside is more so. To see him answer his opportunity today was huge.[/quote]

What the......?! My name taken in vain! :o :angry:

Guest BengalBacker

[quote name='Coy Bacon' post='349667' date='Sep 24 2006, 10:16 PM']What the......?! My name taken in vain! :o :angry:[/quote]

Coy Bacon & Egg is a longtime poster on huddles.

:)

[quote name='Coy Bacon & Egg' post='349656' date='Sep 24 2006, 08:08 PM']I hope, and I half expect, that Henry's positive influences on this team -- Palmer, Hue Jackson, ML, Chad Johnson, TJ, etc. -- will bring Henry around and he'll see that football is his salvation -- and more to the point, football on this team, in this offense, is his salvation.

Because here's the thing... He oozes potential greatness. If you could manufacture a WR physically, he's it, and Carson Palmer knows it... To see and hear the personal attention Carson gives him as a #3 receiver speaks volumes. He has length, solidly put together, hands, speed, toughness (demonstrated today). He is sloppy mentally still, on the field and off. But he's only played the equivalent of one season counting time he missed last year. His downside is scary, but his upside is more so. To see him answer his opportunity today was huge.[/quote]
I heartily agree. First round talent, potential Marcus Vick-like problems. Hopefully it's been ingrained in that rock that he calls a brain that football excellence is more important than smoking blunts with his homies while rolling in an Escalade. If he excels, then he can make his money and smoke as much weed as he wants once he's out of football.

Archived