Jeff Garcias Playmate Girlfriend

Guest BlackJesus

[quote name='sean' date='Jan 18 2005, 03:12 PM']THIS thread is all about gay.

The ban on gay marriage is about the legality of using the term. It has nothing to do with religion. I think gay marriage should be recognized legally by the government not by the church. Whether the church recognizes it or not is up to them. Just like it's up to the individual to decide how they feel. With the ban on gay marriage the people have spoken........and they are wrong!
[right][post="36645"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Ever think you might be the wrong one here????

[quote name='BengalsCat' date='Jan 18 2005, 02:28 PM']Ever think you might be the wrong one here????
[right][post="36653"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Me?
Noooo...absolutely not.
I'm infallible!!!!

Jamie
Of course people are going to vote religiously. Their religion is what defines them. Because of this in this day and age gay marriage should be decided by legislation not popular vote. We elect government officials to make these decisions for us because we tend to think with our hearts and not our brains. Any time you have an issue like this, one that will be decided by feeling and not thinking, it should be taken out of the people's hands. The "people's hands" thought slavery was morally fine...after all blacks weren't human to them. The "people's hands" would have kept segregation. The "people's hands" banned gay marriage.

Well the people are decide what stays and goes.. thats the beauty of our goverment.. if the gov at some point in time feels that gay marriage is a legit union they will sanctify it... but untill then homosexuality is just a freak accuring avent in natural and some kind of sick fad.....(not for everyone but alot of people )

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='Jan 18 2005, 04:02 PM']When you take the vote out of the hands of the people or their elected officials who are there to represent them not dictate to them, then you take away democracy.
[right][post="36690"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I didn't say take the vote out of the elected officials hands. I said it should be decided by legislation i.e. elected officials, not by popular vote.

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='Jan 18 2005, 04:13 PM']And what is the job of the elected officials?? To represent the will of the people.
[right][post="36702"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

In theory but that's not how it works. You pick them based on their stances during election. Then you trust them to vote their conscience. They should do what they think is right, not what the majority at home think is right. We trust them to make educated decisions on our behalf. Key word "educated".

[quote name='sean' date='Jan 18 2005, 06:50 PM']In theory but that's not how it works. You pick them based on their stances during election. Then you trust them to vote their conscience. They should do what they think is right, not what the majority at home think is right. We trust them to make educated decisions on our behalf. Key word "educated".
[right][post="36728"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

And when they dont do as the people who elected them ask the people have the right to vote them out of office as well.

Well thats it for todays civics lesson class, tommorow we will be discussing how a bill becomes a law so make sure you watch your School House Rock.

[img]http://members.aol.com/SHRLIST/bill3.jpg[/img]

And I agree with oldschooler we've lost focus on what this thread is about....

[img]http://www.murrayinthemorning.com/sweetest16/gallery/decesare_2.jpg[/img]

"I'm just a bill, well I'm only a bill, and I'm sittin' here on Capitol Hill..."
You just HAD to whip out Schoolhouse Rock, didn't ya?
"Lolly lolly lolly get your adverbs here"
"Conjunction junction, what's your function?"
"Interplanet Janet, she's a galaxy girl..."
Thanks a LOT...I have to work later and these tunes will be ringing in my head all night....

[quote name='StevieG' date='Jan 19 2005, 12:44 PM']"I'm just a bill, well I'm only a bill, and I'm sittin' here on Capitol Hill..."
You just HAD to whip out Schoolhouse Rock, didn't ya? 
"Lolly lolly lolly get your adverbs here"
"Conjunction junction, what's your function?"
"Interplanet Janet, she's a galaxy girl..."
Thanks a LOT...I have to work later and these tunes will be ringing in my head all night....
[right][post="36876"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Glad to be of service. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/3.gif[/img]

Archived