Wow ! Good things in Iraq ?

Guest oldschooler

Guest oldschooler
[quote name='Lawman' post='377501' date='Nov 2 2006, 12:45 PM'][img]http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/7050/620/1600/iraq%20security.jpg[/img][/quote]

I couldn`t see the pic. So I rehosted it for you...

[img]http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/2053/iraq20securitysw4.jpg[/img]

[quote name='oldschooler' post='377508' date='Nov 2 2006, 03:14 PM']I couldn`t see the pic. So I rehosted it for you...

[img]http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/2053/iraq20securitysw4.jpg[/img][/quote]

What does that represent?

Guest oldschooler

[quote name='Lawman' post='377511' date='Nov 2 2006, 01:24 PM']I have trouble posting where I am located (GITMO), additionally I can't watch the youtube clips :([/quote]

It`s a piece that Glenn Beck did on his TV show on CNN Headline News.

It just talks about how 98% of the children have been vaccinized.
33,000 new businesses have been started, and other things...

[quote name='Ben' post='377512' date='Nov 2 2006, 02:26 PM']What does that represent?[/quote]

[url="http://www.mnf-iraq.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=6836&Itemid=30"]http://www.mnf-iraq.com/index.php?option=c...6&Itemid=30[/url]

Iraqi security forces continue to develop into a capable force and continue to take the lead. On Tuesday in Ramadi, the 3rd Battalion of the 1st Brigade of the 7th Iraqi Army Division assumed responsibility in its area of operations.

This now makes 90 Iraq army battalions in the lead. In total today, there are six of 10 Iraqi army divisions in the lead, 30 of 36 Iraqi brigades, and 90 of 112 Iraqi battalions in the lead. And we operate in support of them. All across Iraq, we continue to see an increasingly capable Iraqi security force continuing to take the lead.

There have been isolated clashes recently in locations around Iraq between the militias and government of Iraq forces, such as in Amarah, Diwaniyah. We've seen sectarian violence in Balad and Saba al-Bor, primarily between Sunni and Shi'a. These clashes have garnered sensational headlines, however, they are not clashes that had uncontrolled continued violence. What we saw, to the credit of Iraqi security forces and local leaders, was some action. In each case, Iraqi security forces, acting on their own, played a critical role in quelling the violence within days. Local leaders, both political and religious, in coordination with Iraqi security forces, came together to take action necessary to prevent the violence from spiraling out of control.

So what we see in actions taking place all over Iraq is that Iraqis are taking charge of their country, and they're doing it valiantly. Violence will flare up again in areas that are under Iraqi control. The question will be, can they handle these situations themselves? In all these incidents they did; they responded and they returned calm to the areas. The Iraqis brought an Iraqi solution to an Iraqi problem, which is precisely the strategy for Iraq.

[i]additionally[/i]

On October 23rd, coalition forces detained a suspected terrorist in Mosul during a raid targeting a high-level al Qaeda leader considered to be one of the main terrorist facilitators here in Iraq. In Baghdad alone, 30 of these operations were focused against al Qaeda in Iraq that resulted in the capture of several key terrorists. Some of these resulted in the disruption of a network of terrorists involved in the production here of vehicle-borne improvised explosive devices. Baghdad does remain the center of sectarian violence and local al Qaeda and Iraqi leaders continue to portray themselves as the protectors of the Sunnis.

In addition, they continue a campaign of employing suicide vehicle improvised explosive devices to achieve sensational attacks that inflict indiscriminate casualties amongst both civilians and security forces.

Not only is al Qaeda in Iraq under pressure from Iraqi security forces and coalition forces, they are experiencing increased pressure by tribal sheikhs in the Al Anbar region who are dissatisfied with al Qaeda's presence and their current actions. Since early August, they claim to have now killed just over 60 al Qaeda in Iraq members.

In regards to foreign fighters, so far this month there have been [b]44 foreign fighters killed and 12 captured[/b]. We project by the end of the month of October will have been comparable to September, if not exceeding, the total number of foreign fighters both killed and captured.

Foreign fighters in al Qaeda in Iraq are also finding it harder to store their weapons of terror. Iraqi security forces and coalition forces continue to uncover weapons and munition [u]thanks to increased cooperation and greater assistance from the Iraqi people[/u].

[b]Magority of the problems arise out of only three of the 18 provinces.[/b]

Guest Coy Bacon
[quote name='Ben' post='377512' date='Nov 2 2006, 02:26 PM']What does that represent?[/quote]

That Negroponte's Shiite death squads are spreading?

[quote name='oldschooler' post='377515' date='Nov 2 2006, 03:28 PM']It`s a piece that Glenn Beck did on his TV show on [b]CNN Headline News[/b].

It just talks about how 98% of the children have been vaccinized.
33,000 new businesses have been started, and other things...[/quote]

Liberal Media!?!?!?

Archived