Taking PS3 way to serious

Guest WhoDeyForever

Guest WhoDeyForever
Check out this ebay auction. You won't believe it. People take this shit way to seriously and think its their life. Get a girl or somethin. I would never spend this much money on a fucking game system no matter how much I love video games

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='WhoDeyForever' post='387742' date='Nov 16 2006, 02:41 PM']Check out this ebay auction. You won't believe it. People take this shit way to seriously and think its their life. Get a girl or somethin. I would never spend this much money on a fucking game system no matter how much I love video games[/quote]
nice link lol.

Guest WhoDeyForever

[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='387746' date='Nov 16 2006, 02:47 PM']nice link lol.[/quote]

[url="http://tinyurl.com/ykdjvk"]http://tinyurl.com/ykdjvk[/url]

-_-

Guest oldschooler

[quote name='WhoDeyForever' post='387747' date='Nov 16 2006, 01:48 PM'][url="http://tinyurl.com/ykdjvk"]http://tinyurl.com/ykdjvk[/url]

-_-[/quote]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//13.gif[/img]

US $10,100.00 :blink: :blink: :blink:

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='StringCheese' post='387792' date='Nov 16 2006, 03:54 PM']I think that Circut City is selling PS3's starting at 5:00 today. I am about 90% positive that I saw that in their ad on Sunday[/quote]
hmmm 5am? i bet their lines are real long arleady. im probably shit out of luck, but i might run up to this place tonight around midnight and see if hte line is short enough for an 8 hour wait.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='Rumble in the Jungle' post='387864' date='Nov 16 2006, 05:29 PM']i think im going to buy a couple and sell em [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/39.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/26.gif[/img][/quote]
good luck getting them.

I can just imagine what the sellers will go through, with all the hype over the new systems it will bring out all the new retarded eBayers and scammers will be hitting them up. I sell on eBay now and then but the highest items i've sold have been in the $500-600 for some phones and computer parts and even with them I had people trying to scam me.

I'd be to afraid to sell a PS3 on ebay, i'd try to put it in the local paper. Cause to sell PS3 or Wii on eBay you "must accept PayPal as your only payment option" and paypal sucks ass! No protection for the seller. They say they do, but do a google search on paypal sucks! :thumbsdown:

[quote name='whodey319' post='387862' date='Nov 16 2006, 05:27 PM']i think this link is bullshit. the highest price on ebay is 3000 for a new ps3. you cant tell me that everyone else sells theirs for 2-3 grand but this guy can sell his for 10

or

he got his friends to constantly bid to drive the price up and it got out of hand[/quote]

i saw one go for $4,000 today on ebay but thats the highest price ive seen so this could possibly be a fake

Did anyone hear the story about two guys paying 50 homeless guys to stand in line for them? It was on the JIm Rome show yesterday.

Two dudes went to the homeless shelter, rounded up 50 bums, put them in the back of a U-Haul and went to thier local Target. They paid each bum 100 bucks and provided them with food while they waited in line.

[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='388063' date='Nov 17 2006, 09:29 AM']Did anyone hear the story about two guys paying 50 homeless guys to stand in line for them? It was on the JIm Rome show yesterday.

Two dudes went to the homeless shelter, rounded up 50 bums, put them in the back of a U-Haul and went to thier local Target. They paid each bum 100 bucks and provided them with food while they waited in line.[/quote]
that initiative right there

Guest mongoloido
[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='388063' date='Nov 17 2006, 09:29 AM']Did anyone hear the story about two guys paying 50 homeless guys to stand in line for them? It was on the JIm Rome show yesterday.

Two dudes went to the homeless shelter, rounded up 50 bums, put them in the back of a U-Haul and went to thier local Target. They paid each bum 100 bucks and provided them with food while they waited in line.[/quote]

In Japan, a few people hired lots of Chinese immigrants to do the same thing. There was all kinds of embarassment when the release party at the main Tokyo electronics store tried to interview all of these die-hard fans of the PS3, who had waited in line for days... who spoke no English, and had never played a video game in their life. They were taught the phrase they needed to purchase the system, given the cash for the system only moments before entering the store, and then hustled past all the television interviewers to make the exchange with the people who hired them. Apparently, it was quite chaotic. The electronics store had to resort to getting Chinese speaking people with bullhorns to organize the crowds because so few in line spoke Japanese. The television crews were totally ticked because they had no happy Japanese gamers to interview. The president of Sony's Playstation division was there, and unable to shake hands with the buyers...

My guess is these Americans heard about the Japanese release and decided to do the same.

THIS is taking it too serious.

[url="http://www.comcast.net/news/national/index.jsp?cat=DOMESTIC&fn=/2006/11/17/522970.html"]http://www.comcast.net/news/national/index.../17/522970.html[/url]

[quote]1 Shot in Conn. Playstation Waiting Line
By Associated Press
50 minutes ago

PUTNAM, Conn. - Two armed thugs tried to rob a line of people waiting for the new Playstation 3 game system to go on sale early Friday and shot a man who refused to give up his money, authorities said.

In other states, customers pushed and shoved their way to the shelves to get at the limited supply, and in Kentucky, four people were grazed by BBs fired from a passing vehicle as they waited for a Best Buy store to open.

The two gunman in Putnam confronted 15 to 20 people standing outside a Wal-Mart store shortly after 3 a.m. and demanded money, said State Police Lt. J. Paul Vance.

"One of the patrons resisted. That patron was shot," Vance said.

He said the two gunmen fled after shooting a 21-year-old Massachusetts man in the chest and shoulder. The victim was taken to University of Massachusetts Medical Center in Worcester. There was no immediate word on his condition.

Vance said police were searching for the suspects, both believed to be in their teens. He said one was wearing a ski mask and brandishing a handgun, and the other had what appeared to be a shotgun.

Aside from the police tape, things had returned to normal by midmorning at the Wal-Mart store in rural Putnam, a town of about 9,000 residents near the Massachusetts and Rhode Island borders.

Short supplies of the PS3 and strong demand led to lines of buyers, some waiting for days, outside stores across the country.

In Palmdale, Calif., authorities shut down a Super Wal-Mart after some shoppers got rowdy late Wednesday. In West Bend, Wis., a 19-year-old man was injured when he ran into a pole racing with 50 others for one of 10 spots outside a Wal-Mart.

In Lexington, Ky., someone fired BB pellets from a passing vehicle at people waiting outside a Best Buy store, according to WKYT, whose own reporter said she was among four people grazed while she interviewed buyers in line.

A Best Buy in Boston, aware it had only 140 of the consoles, got smart about the big sale _ its employees gave out tickets to the first 140 people in line so everyone could go home until the store opened.[/quote]

Guest BengalsOwn
My buddy said that there were about 75 people waiting at Meijer for the PS3. The store manager told them all that he would get on the loud speaker and tell them where to go. The first 6 people to get to the location would be able to purchase a PS3. After the manager told everyone to meet at the meat section of the store, everyone started running. He has a huge bruise on his leg from where he was pushed down...

Guest mongoloido
[quote][b][size=4]End of The World? Nope, Just A PS3 Launch
by CodeMonkey[/size][/b]

As the song goes "It's The End of the World As We Know it," the PS3 launch causes mobs of crazy gamers to do stupid things.

I doubt REM was talking about a PS3 launch when they penned their lyrics, but the fallout from last nights event can be heard around the United States.

[b]Wal-Mart PS3 Fight[/b]

Palmdale, Ca - a fight breaks out because PS3 line waiters must move outside to finish their long wait for the launch. Those in line are angry that they have to go outside and begin to knock over customers and products in the store.

source: kotaku.com

[b]Kentucky PS3 BB Gun Shooting[/b]

Kentucky - A local news station WKYT was in the middle of recording a piece on PS3 campers outside of a Best Buy. Someone rode by in a truck, fired off several rounds from a BB gun and took off before police could arrive on the scene.

source: 1up.com

[b]Sony's PS3 Line Cutters in NY[/b]

New York - A peaceful line of PS3 folks gets a bit out of hand when late comer's try to cut in line. One PS3 waiter said, "People are just jumping the line, there were even fights last night. It's totally messed up." Apparently the local Circuit City doesn't grasp the concept of line management which causes people to get a bit out of control. Some of the initial waiting folks are 100 feet back in line from where they started do to late entries cutting in line.

source: gamespot.com

[b]Downtown San Francisco's 750 gamers[/b]

San Francisco, Ca - A few gamers seem to be anxious about the next release from Sony. Fans started lining up around 9 a.m. on Wednesday morning. Why such a big line? They're all in front of the PlayStation Store in San Fran just waiting. Each gamer has a wristband, the mark that says "I will own a PS3" - while non-wrist band holders are simply observing the crazy amount of people. Thus far, Sony has managed the crowd and no huge incidents have been reported.

source: 1up.com

[b]And eBay?[/b]

We've seen some sales for the product at USD $20,000 and one at USD $89,000. The auctions "ended," but we're unsure how valid they really are. That seems a little intense given auctions are pushing anywhere between USD $1,500 and USD $4,500 per console - many are still pending completion. Most auctions, on average at this point in time, seem to be closing around USD $2,100 with minutes to spare. Some rise in the last 30 seconds to hit the 4K marker.
[update1]

[b]Gamer Shot in CT[/b]

Putnam, Connecticut - Two armed men rob people in line waiting for the PlayStation 3 launch. One man is shot for refusing to give up his cash - no word on his condition yet. The gunman have not yet been located but are believed to be teenagers.

source: abcnews.com[/quote]

Guest mongoloido

[quote name='Rumble in the Jungle' post='388144' date='Nov 17 2006, 01:00 PM']thats why you gotta pack some heat for this shit :1441:[/quote]

A benefit of the Wii release is no one is going to shoot anyone, and no one is going to pack heat. All the other dorks and I will be standing in line, waging wireless wars on our DS Lites. I'm bringing a thermos of coffee, my DS, Clubhouse Games, Metroid Prime Hunters, and Mario Kart. I'm gonna whup some ass, but it's gonna be over an 8 person wireless link. :D

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain

[quote name='mongoloido' post='388060' date='Nov 17 2006, 09:24 AM']I wonder how many of today's PS3's will actually get hooked up and played today.[/quote]
i asked a ton of people that last night. there was 39,000 ps3s on ebay at 5am.

:lol: smart guys.

Guest WhoDeyForever
Classic PS3 Story.

[url="http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=927750&topic=31821948"]http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessag...;topic=31821948[/url]

Archived