Nintendo Wii

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
i played it today. FUCKING awesome. I played the tony hawk game on it. The graphics are an upgrade from xbox/ps2 as expected, but not as good as a 360/ps3, as expected. It was fun as hell and should be a great system. It is definitely worth the money.

went to the mall on tuesday with two friends to play it and when we got to electronics botique.... standing in the middle of the store talking to the clerk is Chad Johnson. 2 seconds later my friend is playing some racing game on the wii with chad johnson and beats his ass.

You know you are surrounded by nerds though when Chad Johnson is standing there playing the wii and some kid walks into the store and doesnt notice Chad but instead says "OH MY GOD! The Wii." It was classic.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='WhoDey48' post='387801' date='Nov 16 2006, 04:03 PM']went to the mall on tuesday with two friends to play it and when we got to electronics botique.... standing in the middle of the store talking to the clerk is Chad Johnson. 2 seconds later my friend is playing some racing game on the wii with chad johnson and beats his ass.

You know you are surrounded by nerds though when Chad Johnson is standing there playing the wii and some kid walks into the store and doesnt notice Chad but instead says "OH MY GOD! The Wii." It was classic.[/quote]
[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

Guest WhoDeyForever

[quote name='WhoDey48' post='387801' date='Nov 16 2006, 04:03 PM']went to the mall on tuesday with two friends to play it and when we got to electronics botique.... standing in the middle of the store talking to the clerk is Chad Johnson. 2 seconds later my friend is playing some racing game on the wii with chad johnson and beats his ass.

You know you are surrounded by nerds though when Chad Johnson is standing there playing the wii and some kid walks into the store and doesnt notice Chad but instead says "OH MY GOD! The Wii." It was classic.[/quote]

WTF! I'd rather play with Chad Johnson than that damn Wii

:ninja:

Guest mongoloido
I'm really excited about the Wii. The list of games I want to pick up with the system just keeps growing and growing. I gotta get Zelda, and Madden to start though.

Guest bengalrick
nintendo did a good thing w/ the WII imo... instead of trying to outdo sony and xbox's processors (which they had almost no chance of doing) they are focusing on gameplay and price... they will offer a great product, for much less price... and the games that should be available should be great... i might even have enough money for one of these this year, instead of waiting until 2010 for the PS3 or xbox 360 to lower their prices (when their new systems come out)...

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='387854' date='Nov 16 2006, 05:01 PM']Yeah I bet you want to play with Chad Johnson's Wii Wii dont you? :whistle:[/quote]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img]

Guest mongoloido
[quote name='bengalrick' post='388091' date='Nov 17 2006, 10:57 AM'][url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5cPVP_llfo"]nintendo WII[/url][/quote]

That's just a great ad, isn't it?

Guest mongoloido

I got mine from Circuit City this morning! I woke up this morning at 5am to use the bathroom, and somehow decided to get dressed and see what the lines were like. The rest, is a blurry, cold memory. :)

I wound up with a Wii, an extra controller and nunchuck, Zelda, Madden, and Rayman.

I got home with the booty and crashed, then woke up 20 minutes into the Bengals game (I got up at 5, but had gone to sleep around 2:30. I was beat). I've got it all set up, but couldn't bring myself to not watch the game. I'll try and get through the setup cd at halftime, then play as soon as it's over. :D

Advice to those looking to get the Wii:

Extra Controllers and nunchucks are a prized accessory. If you see one, get it!

Zelda has sold out at most releases, so you may want to grab that on sight too.

I'd hold off on a classic controller for awhile. There aren't many downloadable games right now, so you won't use it.

Some of the people in line with me this morning already had their Wii, but were at my release to look for Zelda and controllers (see! hot items). They all said they'd played their Wiis, and that it was just awesome... I'm so excited! :D

Guest mongoloido

[quote name='emc334' post='390267' date='Nov 19 2006, 05:15 PM']I heard the new controls are kinda lame for Madden. Any opinions on that?[/quote]

So far, I really dig them. They're different, but fun. Gimme a week or so and I'll have more. :)

Guest mongoloido

So far, Madden is pretty neat for Wii. I like being on defense, and lifting both arms up and down. It gets the crowd into it. :)

The game has a pretty good tutorial on how to use the wii specific features. Sometimes I juke when I should have straight-armed, but that's user error, not controller error.

I wish I had 4 controllers, and people over to try the Wii specific Maddedn "mini" games. They're apparently frickin' cool. Read this from the review:

[quote]The first game on the list, 2-on-2, is based on good old fashioned schoolyard ball. Teams get five plays per procession regardless of whether they score or not, and play on a tiny field just large enough for a QB, wide receiver, and two defensemen. Just like the classic recess pass-time, defense has to count off a five Mississippi before they can blitz, though the count can be rushed by drumming the controllers quickly. Offense can run at any time, and also has the ability to "buzz" each other, which essentially sends rumble from controller to controller whenever the A button is pressed. Since there's no time to huddle up in 2-on-2 (and lets face it, the defense would just kick the ball closer to where you're standing to hear anyways), you can instead say communicate in code, as the QB can tell the receiver to "Cut left on the buzz." or offer alternate movements based on how many buzzes are sent. It's an awesome mode, and worthy of the investment for four Wii-mote nunchuk sets.[/quote]

You can use the rumble feature to buzz each other, and change plans accordingly? How awesome is that!

[quote]The other two games are a bit more of the party style, allowing for a single winner in free-for-all play. Kicking Combine has players alternating as kickers while the other three players drum the controllers to effect the wind. It's a decent mode to mess around with, but the kicking issues in the Wii control makes this one a bit less of a hit around our office. The final game - known as Y.A.C (yards after catch) Attack - is very addicting though, letting players alternate as QB with AI receivers and linemen against the other human players as passing defense. The more swats and interceptions the defense players get, the more they increase their individual score. The more complete passes and TD's the QB get, the more points he steals from the defenseman that was responsible for covering the receiver. This mode is amazingly addictive, and it works without a hitch. Between 2-on-2 and Y.A.C. Attack alone, Madden 07 is a far better experience on Wii than the previous console version.[/quote]

Not quite the competitive game of the 2 on 2 (man, I want to play that 2 on 2!), but those sound cool too. Don't pay any attention to that kicking problem mumbo jumbo. I did the kicking tutorial once, and was rocking them right through the center of the uprights after my second kick.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived