Mark Dantonio to coach Michigan State???

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
word is clevelands DC was offered the job, but he said no comment after the game.

I hate the school UC and the bball team, but ive grown fond of Mark because UC fans suck fucking ass and give him no backing when he has done an amazing job. He has a better chance of winning here than he does MSU because the Big East is easier, but he has ties to MSU and they will pay him roughly 1 mill a year more htan UC will. I woudlnt blame him for leaving because there are MANY more positives at MSU, but i hope he stays, I actually support him.

Guest oldschooler
[quote]Monday, November 27, 2006
[size=5][b]just about official [/b][/size]

Just talked to mark dantonio, he said he wanted to talk to his team first. They are meeting here at the lindner center at 7 a.m. When he is expected to tell the team he is leaving to take the job at Michigan State.

posted by ctrosecrans at 7:02 AM 34 comments links to this post

Sunday, November 26, 2006
[size=5][b]Kiss him goodbye [/b][/size]

This is the report I hinted at.

There is a team meeting scheduled for tomorrow -- however, it was a previously scheduled meeting. I spoke with a couple of players and they were unaware that Dantonio was even considering the job. They were planning on meeting in the morning with him already.

Several coaches were on the road recruiting already. The assistant I spoke to had no idea Dantonio was interviewing.

We'll see. Will be a long, long day tomorrow, hang tight. I'll be updating as soon as I get anything.

UPDATE: From the AP:

Michigan State is close to hiring Cincinnati's Mark Dantonio as its football coach, with an official telling The Associated Press that university president Lou Anna Simon will recommend the move to the board of trustees.
The official, who has knowledge of the latest developments in the coaching search, spoke Sunday night on condition of anonymity because Michigan State had not yet made an announcement. The school only said that is has scheduled a special board of trustees meeting for Monday morning.

And oh yeah, my sources tell me Akron's J.D. Brookhart would not be a candidate here

ESPN.com is reporting there's a 1 p.m. press conference at Michigan State relating to the football program[/quote]

[url="http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/cincybearcats/"]http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/cincybearcats/[/url]

[quote][size=5][b]Source: Michigan St. will hire Dantonio[/b][/size]
Posted: November 26, 2006

Tom Dienhart
Sporting News

A source close to the Michigan State coaching search told me tonight that Michigan State will name Cincinnati coach Mark Dantonio as its next head coach.

Dantonio is in his third year with Bearcats, guiding them to a 7-5 record this season. The highlight of the year was a victory over previously unbeaten Rutgers on Nov. 18. Dantonio earned his stripes as an assistant at Ohio State, where he served as defensive coordinator of the Buckeyes for three seasons (2001-03). His 2002 defense helped Ohio State win the national championship.

From 1995-2000, Dantonio was an assistant at Michigan State, coaching the secondary under Nick Saban and Bobby Williams. Dantonio also has been an assistant at Youngstown State, Kansas, Ohio and Purdue. He's a 1979 graduate of South Carolina.[/quote]

[url="http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=153147"]http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=153147[/url]

[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='394793' date='Nov 27 2006, 01:27 AM']word is clevelands DC was offered the job, but he said no comment after the game.
[b]I hate the school UC[/b] and the bball team, but ive grown fond of Mark because UC fans suck fucking ass and give him no backing when he has done an amazing job. He has a better chance of winning here than he does MSU because the Big East is easier, but he has ties to MSU and they will pay him roughly 1 mill a year more htan UC will. I woudlnt blame him for leaving because there are MANY more positives at MSU, but i hope he stays, I actually support him.[/quote]

Why do you hate the school?

I'm a little disappointed, but I can't blame Mark. UC needs to step up and pay a quality coach a quality salary. As remote as the odds are, they are in a conference now where they could someday play in a NC game. Although as long as they have to compete with OSU for Ohio players, I don't see it happening. Even though I am, and always will be a Buckeye football fan first, it would be nice to see my Alma Matter competitive.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='Jason' post='394840' date='Nov 27 2006, 09:13 AM']Why do you hate the school?
I'm a little disappointed, but I can't blame Mark. UC needs to step up and pay a quality coach a quality salary. As remote as the odds are, they are in a conference now where they could someday play in a NC game. Although as long as they have to compete with OSU for Ohio players, I don't see it happening. Even though I am, and always will be a Buckeye football fan first, it would be nice to see my Alma Matter competitive.[/quote]
ya but they have a better chance than MSU does competing with ND and Michigan for Michigan players.

[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='394850' date='Nov 27 2006, 09:50 AM']ya but they have a better chance than MSU does competing with ND and Michigan for Michigan players.[/quote]
michigan has no players

michigans roster is 60% ohio players, 25% florida players, and the rest is a bit of everything

Guest oldschooler
[quote]Monday, November 27, 2006
Update

One of the few advantages of being a PM paper is that I can update for the final edition.

Here's my story that I just turned in to my editors:

By C. Trent Rosecrans
Post staff reporter

Mark Dantonio told the University of Cincinnati football team he was leaving to take the head coaching position at Michigan State Monday morning.

Most of the players had already heard the news by the time their coach told them at a previously scheduled 7 a.m. team meeting.

“It left the team discombobulated, because we don’t even know who is going to coach us in whatever bowl we are going to be in,” said senior running back Mike Daniels.

According to players, [b]Dantonio told the team UC had matched the financial terms offered by Michigan State, but the Spartans’ job was one of only two jobs for which he would leave UC. [/b]

Dantonio was an assistant coach at Michigan State from 1995 to 2000. He was scheduled to be announced as the Spartans new head coach at a noon press conference in East Lansing, Mich.

Dantonio leaves UC with a 17-16 record in three seasons. His tenure is the shortest for a Bearcat head coach since Watson Brown left following one season in 1983.

Dantonio refused comment until after speaking to his players and had not returned a phone call at press time.

[b]“It makes you feel (resentful) knowing that Cincinnati matched the offer and he still chose to leave,” said senior safety Dominic Ross, a team captain. “But it’s a business. We tend to forget that because we build such close relationships with the coaches, but it’s their job. We feel like we’re out there playing football with our friends, but it is a job for them and these things happen.”[/b]

UC junior linebacker Anthony Williams said “about half the team” gathered in a UC dorm at 2 a.m. Monday morning to watch ESPN, which had reported Dantonio’s departure.

“Finding out like that is what hurts, turning on ESPN and seeing Coach Dantonio was going to Michigan State,” Daniels said. “He addressed it two weeks ago. It happened right after we got two big wins. It makes us think if we would have lost, maybe he’d still be at Cincinnati.”

Dantonio talked to the team in the team meeting room for approximately 15 minutes. The players then held a players-only meeting, with Ross, Daniels, senior tight end Brent Celek and senior cornerback Antoine Horton spoke to the team. That meeting lasted approximately 10 minutes before each position group met with their individual coaches.

UC, which finished the regular season with a 7-5 record following Saturday’s 26-23 victory at Connecticut, is expected to be invited to a bowl game. The Big East will not announce its bowl selections until after Saturday’s games.

UC’s bowl will depend heavily on whether the conference gets one or two teams in the Bowl Championship Series.

If the conference gets two representatives in the BCS, the Bearcats could go to the Texas Bowl in Houston, the Papajohns.com Bowl in Birmingham, Ala., or the International Bowl in Toronto.
If only the conference champion is selected to the BCS, the Bearcats will likely head to the International Bowl or perhaps the Motor City Bowl in Detroit.

Who will coach the Bearcats in that bowl has yet to be determined.
UC athletic director Mike Thomas didn’t return messages left for him Monday morning.

On Sunday, Thomas said Michigan State had asked for and received permission to speak to Dantonio last week.

“It’s part of the formal process, you ask for permission,” Thomas said. “I don’t know if I’ve been in the position where someone has not granted permission. As hard as it is for me not to say, ‘No, I don’t want you to talk to Mark Dantonio,’ at the end of the day I want to be fair to Mark.”

Dantonio’s contract calls for a buy-out of $150,000, if he leaves to take another coaching position.
Dantonio was one of the lowest-paid coaches among those in the Bowl Championship Series conferences, with a total package before bonuses of $495,000. He had already earned a bonus of $15,000 for beating a Top 25 team and stood to earn a $40,000 bonus for a bowl selection.
Smith’s contract paid him a total of $1,545,834 per year before bonuses.

“I really don’t believe this is a stepping-stone job,” Thomas said Sunday. “It’s one of 65 BCS schools, in a conference that at one time had three top 10 teams. And three teams that had the ability to win a BCS championship. The ability to win a national championship at this league is great. I would hope we have someone here who would want to be here a long time.”

--30--

I just added a paragraph from the AP story:

The Michigan State Board of Trustees unanimously approved a recommendation to hire Dantonio at a special meeting Monday. The five-year contract guarantees Dantonio about $1.1 million a year. It also has a $200,000 signing bonus and incentives that could boost his income.[/quote]

[url="http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/cincybearcats/"]http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/cincybearcats/[/url]

[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='394850' date='Nov 27 2006, 09:50 AM']ya but they have a better chance than MSU does competing with ND and Michigan for Michigan players.[/quote]

You didn't answer my question to you. Why do you hate the school?

This saddens me. I thought he was doing a great job, and now we have to start all over. Whenever new coaches come to a school it seems to slightly decline then pick up again after about 2 seasons. I was pumped after UC received a bowl invite this year. I was really looking forward to next season. Damn...

Anybody know who's in line to coach next? I'd be happy with any of the big 3 out there right now:

Chuck Amato
Dirk Koetter
Mike Shula

Guest oldschooler
[quote][size=5][b]Dantonio Resigns UC Head Coaching Position [/b][/size]

Nov. 27, 2006

CINCINNATI, Ohio -- University of Cincinnati Director of Athletics Mike Thomas has accepted the resignation of Head Football Coach Mark Dantonio, who has been named the new head football coach at Michigan State University.

"I want to thank Mark, Becky and their daughters for all of their contributions to the UC community" said Thomas. "Mark has done an outstanding job in leading our football program for the last three seasons and he will be missed. We still have action on the field this season and are excited for the opportunity for our seniors to be able to put the Bearcat jersey on again and hit the field for the University of Cincinnati."

Thomas added that "We will move forward with a national search and will begin the process immediately. I ask that all Bearcats remain steadfast in their support of our student-athletes as we continue our season with the bowl game. The future for Cincinnati Football is very bright."

Dantonio, who was named head coach at Cincinnati on Dec. 23, 2003, compiled an 18-17 record during three seasons on the job. This year's team compiled a 7-5 record against a schedule rated second most difficult in the nation. UC won four of its last five games, including a 30-11 upset of No. 7 Rutgers, to qualify for a bowl, the determination of which will be announced next week.

"Leaving UC Is a hard decision for our family" says Dantonio. "The last three seasons have been incredible for us as our staff has been able to get Cincinnati Football back on track. I want to thank Mike Thomas and Dr. Zimpher for their incredible support. Michigan State is a special place for me and I cannot think but of one other opportunity that would have been tempting for us. Cincinnati did everything to step up, financially and otherwise, that I asked to help move the program forward. This was a very difficult decision."

"I look forward to watching the team hit the field at the bowl game and bring a win back for our seniors and for this program. The next head coach will inherit a strong program and a great bunch of kids," added Dantonio.

"Mark Dantonio has been a tremendous leader for the young men in our football program and as a head coach has raised our collective expectations and goals," said President Nancy L. Zimpher. "We appreciate everything that Mark has done for the program and our student-athletes and wish him all the best in the future."[/quote]

[url="http://gobearcats.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/112706aaa.html"]http://gobearcats.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl.../112706aaa.html[/url]

Guest oldschooler
[quote name='natifanatic' post='394876' date='Nov 27 2006, 09:30 AM']This saddens me. I thought he was doing a great job, and now we have to start all over. Whenever new coaches come to a school it seems to slightly decline then pick up again after about 2 seasons. I was pumped after UC received a bowl invite this year. I was really looking forward to next season. Damn...

Anybody know who's in line to coach next? I'd be happy with any of the big 3 out there right now:

Chuck Amato
Dirk Koetter
Mike Shula[/quote]

This is the list Lance McAlister posted...

[quote][size=5][b]The next UC football coach? [/b] [/size]

Pat Narduzzi, UC defensive coordinator
[url="http://gobearcats.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/narduzzi_pat00.html"]http://gobearcats.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl...uzzi_pat00.html[/url]

Jimbo Fisher, LSU offensive coordinator
[url="http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=28715&SPID=2164&DB_OEM_ID=5200&ATCLID=174005&Q_SEASON=2006"]http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle.dbml?...p;Q_SEASON=2006[/url]

Rex Ryan, Baltimore Ravens defensive coordinator
[url="http://www.baltimoreravens.com/includes/bio.jsp?id=1182&personType=0"]http://www.baltimoreravens.com/includes/bi...mp;personType=0[/url][/quote]

[url="http://www.lance1530homer.com/blog.asp"]http://www.lance1530homer.com/blog.asp[/url]

Guest Bengals1181
[quote name='Jason' post='394840' date='Nov 27 2006, 09:13 AM']Why do you hate the school?
I'm a little disappointed, but I can't blame Mark. UC needs to step up and pay a quality coach a quality salary. As remote as the odds are, they are in a conference now where they could someday play in a NC game. Although as long as they have to compete with OSU for Ohio players, I don't see it happening. Even though I am, and always will be a Buckeye football fan first, it would be nice to see my Alma Matter competitive.[/quote]

haha whenver Pic reads an email from "Jason in Florida" you know who it is.

This is kind of disapointing and also surprising. While I like Dantonio, what has he really done to warrant a job like this? He's 18-17 at UC, not overly impressive.

As someone said, he would have had more potential to stay at UC and win the Big East rather than trying to bring Michigan State to the top of the Big Ten.

However, he has ties to MSU and sometimes you have to do what you think is best.

[quote name='Rumble in the Jungle' post='394915' date='Nov 27 2006, 11:37 AM']if he wants to leave cause of money, then fuckem...let him go. UC's program is on the rise, and i hope they better start paying. not sure who i want to fill that spot though! Mike Ditka :whistle:[/quote]

UC matched MSU's offer. I think he always said MSU and OSU were the only 2 jobs he would leave for.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain

[quote name='Nati Ice' post='394862' date='Nov 27 2006, 10:09 AM']thats beyond shitty, how about keeping it to yourself until after your bowl game

fuck dantonio, hes a good coach but come on[/quote]
well recruiting starts today so if he waits till after the bowl game than his first class he recruits for MSU would blow. It was now or never. Woulda been dumb as hell to wait.

[quote name='Jason' post='394866' date='Nov 27 2006, 10:13 AM']You didn't answer my question to you. Why do you hate the school?[/quote]
Its just a bad school in general, with a couple of strong areas. Ive got a few friends who went to UC then transfered to Miami and they said UC was a joke. I know the lawschool is pretty strong at Miami and the business is solid and premed is nice, but overall its not that good of a school and ive always hated Huggins.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='394912' date='Nov 27 2006, 11:27 AM']This is the list Lance McAlister posted...
[url="http://www.lance1530homer.com/blog.asp"]http://www.lance1530homer.com/blog.asp[/url][/quote]
no way does Rex Ryan leave Balti for UC. If he did that would be a massive upgrade for UC. Personally, i would go with the DC because he is a good recruitor and put a good game plan together and was a large part of putting that strong defense they have together. I think it would be good for the incoming recruits to have a guy they met with step up as head coach and i think he is worthy of the job.

[quote name='Rumble in the Jungle' post='394915' date='Nov 27 2006, 11:37 AM']if he wants to leave cause of money, then fuckem...let him go. UC's program is on the rise, and i hope they better start paying. not sure who i want to fill that spot though! Mike Ditka :whistle:[/quote]
they matched the money it wanst beceause of money. He said b4 that he would only leave UC for 2 schools, MSU and OSU. I would definitely hire the DC to replace D'Antoni, unless they could get Rex Ryan, but the odds of him leaving Balti for UC is less than 1%.

[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='394948' date='Nov 27 2006, 12:46 PM']well recruiting starts today so if he waits till after the bowl game than his first class he recruits for MSU would blow. It was now or never. Woulda been dumb as hell to wait.[/quote]
msu is going to suck next year regardless, if he had any pride he would have stayed for a few more weeks

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='Nati Ice' post='394969' date='Nov 27 2006, 01:12 PM']msu is going to suck next year regardless, if he had any pride he would have stayed for a few more weeks[/quote]
MSU and OSU was his dream job, i dont blame him.

Guest oldschooler
[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='394948' date='Nov 27 2006, 11:46 AM']no way does Rex Ryan leave Balti for UC. If he did that would be a massive upgrade for UC. Personally, i would go with the DC because he is a good recruitor and put a good game plan together and was a large part of putting that strong defense they have together. I think it would be good for the incoming recruits to have a guy they met with step up as head coach and i think he is worthy of the job.

unless they could get Rex Ryan, but the odds of him leaving Balti for UC is less than 1%.[/quote]

I`d say there`s a better than a 1% chance.

[quote]1996-97: (with U. of Cincinnati) Spent 2 seasons as defensive coordinator. 1997: Team finished 8-4...Defense ranked 5th vs. the rush and 13th in overall defense in the nation...Held opponents to 930 rushing yards. 1996: Team posted a 6-5 record.[/quote]

[url="http://www.baltimoreravens.com/includes/bio.jsp?id=1182&personType=0"]http://www.baltimoreravens.com/includes/bi...mp;personType=0[/url]

He has ties to the school and maybe he wants to be a Head Coach ?
Plus they tried to keep Dantonio by matching MSU`s offer. So I don`t
think money will be an issue either.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='oldschooler' post='394987' date='Nov 27 2006, 01:45 PM']I`d say there`s a better than a 1% chance.
[url="http://www.baltimoreravens.com/includes/bio.jsp?id=1182&personType=0"]http://www.baltimoreravens.com/includes/bi...mp;personType=0[/url]
He has ties to the school and maybe he wants to be a Head Coach ?
Plus they tried to keep Dantonio by matching MSU`s offer. So I don`t
think money will be an issue either.[/quote]
but i heard somewhere that Ryan said he wanted to stay in the NFL, unless he could get a head coaching job at a big D1 school and i wouldnt label UC as a big D1 school. Time will tell.

Guest oldschooler
[quote][size=5][b]Dantonio to Cincinnati: 'Take ownership'[/b][/size]
[size=3][b]New Michigan State head coach issues challenge to fans[/b][/size]
BY BILL KOCH | ENQUIRER STAFF WRITER

UC fans should be encouraged that president Nancy Zimpher and athletic director Mike Thomas did their best to keep Mark Dantonio by offering him a financial package that approached the $1.1 million that Michigan State offered.

But the fact that he chose to leave anyway is disturbing because it means this wasn’t solely about money, but about the perception of the program and its potential.

[b]Dantonio didn’t complain publicly about the lack of fan support for the UC football program, but it wore on him just as it wore on past UC coaches.

"I hope the people understand that I love UC and I love my players,” Dantonio said Monday. “But the people of Cincinnati need to take ownership of their football team.
“There were very sparse crowds there at times. That equates to capital gains for the athletic department. That equates to excitement. They need to create the environment that was created at the Rutgers game for every game.”[/b]

UC drew 27,804 fans for its victory over No. 7 Rutgers on Nov. 18. That was easily the largest crowd of the season, but it still fell far short of a sellout for a game against a team that had become the talk of the nation after its victory Louisville the previous week.

For the season, the Bearcats 20,373 fans for its seven home games. No other Big East school averaged fewer than 30,000 fans.

At Michigan State, Dantonio is virtually guaranteed to look up into the stadium and see crowds of 70,000 or more.

There is potential at UC, Dantonio said, but it won’t be realized without the support of the community.

“I don’t want to be critical,” he said, “but this is a tough job. They’re all tough.
“I really think Mike Thomas is doing great things there. People need to get behind the athletic department. They need to get behind Nancy Zimpher and Mike Thomas and not be divisive.”

Dantonio expressed regret about leaving UC after meeting with his players on campus this morning, but once he got to East Lansing later in the day, he made it clear where his loyalties lie.

“This is a dream come true for me,” Dantonio said at a noon news conference introducing him as Michigan State's new head football coach. “It’s great to come back and it’s great to be home.”

Earlier, Dantonio, a former Spartan assistant who spent the past three seasons as Bearcats head coach, said UC was the most difficult thing he’s done in his coaching career.

“I don’t like to disappoint people,” Dantonio said during a telephone interview as he drove to the airport for his trip to East Lansing.

“When I came here, I affected a lot of people’s lives. I’d like to think it was positive. We did some things and people are better for it. I hope we impacted young people. I hope we impacted this community.”

Dantonio, 50, said he was offered the Michigan State job during meetings in Cincinnati on Sunday afternoon with MSU officials, including basketball coach, Tom Izzo, a long-time friend of his.

“I did the best I could under the circumstances,” he said of his decision. “I can say it was very difficult. I prayed a lot about it. I felt sort of led that that was what I was supposed to do. I have more people to impact as a person.”

Dantonio met with his UC players at 7 this morning to break the news to them.

“They were disappointed,” he said. “I’m sure they were shocked. Those are my players. I feel very obligated to them and I feel like I let them down.

“I just had to weigh things in terms of everything going on. Michigan State’s a special place for me. It’s a unique situation, the fact that I know people there.”

Dantonio, who spent six years from 1995 to 2000 as an assistant coach at Michigan State, said UC made a strong counteroffer late last week that came close to matching the $1.1 million annual compensation that he’ll receive from Michigan State.

“They did everything in their power to try to keep me here,” he said. “It was very lucrative.”

Dantonio said he was first approached by Michigan State after UC’s loss at West Virginia on Nov. 11.

“I knew that I was a candidate because I had heard all the speculation but they really sent out a feeler type situation probably after the West Virginia game,” he said. “After that, I would not talk to them anymore. I waited until after the season. I wanted to do it the right way. I did not talk to them until after the last game (Saturday at Connecticut). I tried to do everything in principle.”

“There’s other factors that weigh into it,” Dantonio said, “family factors and everything. The last time this went down with Michigan State I had an opportunity to get involved with it and I did not. When it happened a second time, I said that I would listen.”

In the end, Dantonio said, he did not base his decision on money. He said that whether he chose to go to MSU or stay at UC he was determined to make that the last stop of his coaching career.

“It was the uniqueness of the situation,” he said, “that I loved my life there for six years and still had a lot of people there. It was that as much as anything. It was that in the end.

“The resources at Michigan State were greater to do the job, the overall resources. I had to look at all kinds of different aspects to improve the quality of my assistants’ lives. UC stepped on their behalf as well.

“(Athletic director) Mike Thomas and (UC president) Nancy Zimpher did a tremendous job getting back to me and presenting an offer. I’m appreciative of everything they’ve been able to do. I sorted it all out and I had to make a decision.”

Dantonio has agreed to a five-year rollover contract, which means he will always have five years remaining.

He’ll be paid $1.1 million per year with a base salary of $600,000.

The rest will come from his TV-radio contract and other avenues set up by the university.

That’s roughly twice what he was making at UC.

He will also receive a $200,000 signing bonus to pay the $100,000 buyout clause in his UC contract.

Dantonio had four years left on his UC contract, which had been extended twice since he was hired in December 2003.

At Michigan State, Dantonio replaces John L. Smith, who was fired while completing his fourth season with the Spartans. Smith finished with a 22-26 record, including a 4-8 mark this year.

Dantonio will be the school's ninth coach since the Duffy Daugherty era ended in 1972. The Spartans have played in only one Rose Bowl since 1966.

Cleveland Browns defensive coordinator Todd Grantham, LSU defensive coordinator Bo Pelini, Central Michigan coach Brian Kelly, Philadelphia Eagles assistant Pat Shurmur and Miami Dolphins assistant Charlie Baggett also were candidates for the Michigan State opening.

Last summer, on the eve of the start of fall practice, Dantonio said he was committed to staying at UC.

“I want to be here,” Dantonio said then. “I am not interested in going to another school.”

Dantonio’s stay as UC’s head football coach is the shortest since Watson Brown left UC after one season in 1983.

Dantonio was an assistant at Michigan State from 1995 to 2000 and was associate head coach when he left to become the defensive coordinator at Ohio State in 2001. At Ohio State, his defense helped lead the Buckeyes to the national championship in 2002.

[b]Speculation about who will replace Dantonio immediately centered around Akron coach J.D. Brookhart.

Thomas hired Brookhart while he was the athletic director at Akron and the two are known to have a close relationship.

UC defensive coordinator Pat Narduzzi might also be a candidate.[/b]

e-mail bkoch@enquirer.com[/quote]

[url="http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061127/SPT0101/611270346/1062/SPT"]http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...270346/1062/SPT[/url]

I don't blame Dantonio for leaving. The lack of fan support for the
football has always amazed me.Even when Mike Minter turned this program around
and took it to it's first bowl game(s) in decades and while the Bengals were constantly
losing, the Bearcats still couldn't sell out their stadium. (which only holds 35,000)

UC's alumni, boosters and marketing department have always sucked ass when it
comes to support for their football program.

As an alum myself, I have been disgusted by Zimpher and the direction she has taken
the athletic programs.

Serves that cunt right.

:rant:

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain

[quote name='Rumble in the Jungle' post='395262' date='Nov 27 2006, 07:39 PM']we all know that they care way about the basketball program than they do the football! [b]also ohio state doesn't make it any easier for the fan base either.[/b] and fuck nancy zimpher, i hated that bitch since she came in to UC :angry:[/quote]
thats just an excuse by bandwagon fags.

Archived