Buckeyes standouts Ginn, Pittman going pro

Guest oldschooler

Guest oldschooler
[quote][size=5][b]Buckeyes standout Ginn headed to professional ranks[/b][/size]

Ohio State wide receiver Ted Ginn Jr. will skip his senior year and take his talents to the NFL.

"I am excited to announce that I am making myself eligible for the National Football League draft," Ginn said in a statement.

"I thank Coach Tressel and all those involved within The Ohio State University football program for creating such a terrific environment for me to succeed both athletically and academically."

Ginn was part of a Buckeye team that went 12-1 in 2006 but lost 41-14 in the BCS championship game to Florida. Ginn returned the opening kickoff 93 yards for a touchdown but injured his foot on the play and did not return to the game.

Ginn caught 59 passes for 781 yards and nine TDs in 2006.[/quote]

[url="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2731753"]http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2731753[/url]

[quote name='oldschooler' post='427209' date='Jan 15 2007, 03:42 PM'][url="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2731753"]http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2731753[/url][/quote]
Pittman is on his way out of Columbus as well....
[quote]Ohio State wide receiver Ted Ginn Jr. [b]and tailback Antonio Pittman[/b] will skip their senior seasons to take their talents to the NFL.

"I am excited to announce that I am making myself eligible for the National Football League draft," Ginn said in a statement released to ESPN's Robert Smith.

"I thank Coach Tressel and all those involved within The Ohio State University football program for creating such a terrific environment for me to succeed both athletically and academically."

Ginn was part of a Buckeye team that went 12-1 in 2006 but lost 41-14 in the BCS championship game to Florida. Ginn returned the opening kickoff 93 yards for a touchdown but injured his foot on the play and did not return to the game.

Ginn caught 59 passes for 781 yards and nine touchdowns in 2006.

Ginn was USA Today's national high school defensive player of the year in 2003, but was switched to offense soon after head coach Jim Tressel saw his dazzling speed during early season workouts.

He returned four punts for touchdowns to set school and Big Ten season records during his freshman year. He scored on one punt return each of the next two years to set the Ohio State and conference career marks with six scores.

Ginn had also caught a pass in 31 consecutive games before his title-game injury ended that string.

Pittman rushed for 1,233 yards and 14 touchdowns in 2006 for the Buckeyes.

"This is a lifelong dream," Pittman said. "I feel I'm ready to make the jump. I was pleased that the NFL said I am a first-day pick. With an excellent combine I think I could be a first-round pick."

He was one of only five Ohio State backs to top 1,000 yards rushing in consecutive seasons, joining Archie Griffin (1973-75), Tim Spencer (1981-82), Keith Byars (1983-84) and Eddie George (1994-95).

"We had a great year -- one loss don't take away from a great year," Pittman said. "This is a decision that's going to affect my family, not just my family here, but my family at Ohio State."[/quote]

[url="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2731753"]http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2731753[/url]

Guest WhoDeyForever
Oh well. We still have some talent next year. Robiskie will be a monster. Beanie also. Don't forget about Ray Small either. Ted Ginn Sr. said he was the best player he has ever coached and he has coached players like Ginn and Troy Smith. I think we will be fine on offense just depends on what Boeckman, Schoenhoft, and Henton will do at the QB position. I think we will be fine.

[quote name='WhoDeyForever' post='427339' date='Jan 15 2007, 04:48 PM']Oh well. We still have some talent next year. Robiskie will be a monster. Beanie also. Don't forget about Ray Small either. Ted Ginn Sr. said he was the best [b]player[/b] he has ever coached and he has coached players like Ginn and Troy Smith. I think we will be fine on offense just depends on what Boeckman, Schoenhoft, and Henton will do at the QB position. I think we will be fine.[/quote]

I think he said "best [b]receiver[/b]", didn't he? Either way, I do think he will be a stud.

Guest WhoDeyForever
[quote name='Jason' post='427393' date='Jan 15 2007, 07:03 PM']I think he said "best [b]receiver[/b]", didn't he? Either way, I do think he will be a stud.[/quote]
I'm pretty sure he said player. I might have to look it up a minute.

[quote name='WhoDeyForever' post='427339' date='Jan 15 2007, 09:48 PM']Oh well. We still have some talent next year. Robiskie will be a monster. Beanie also. Don't forget about Ray Small either. Ted Ginn Sr. said he was the best player he has ever coached and he has coached players like Ginn and Troy Smith. I think we will be fine on offense just depends on what Boeckman, Schoenhoft, and Henton will do at the QB position. I think we will be fine.[/quote]
as long as we have mr sweater vest on the sidelines, i fear nothing or no one....

NOT EVEN GATORS YOU HATING BASTARDS! :contract:

and especially not wolverines :headbang:

[quote name='WhoDeyForever' post='427339' date='Jan 15 2007, 07:18 PM']Oh well. We still have some talent next year. Robiskie will be a monster. Beanie also. Don't forget about Ray Small either. Ted Ginn Sr. said he was the best player he has ever coached and he has coached players like Ginn and Troy Smith. I think we will be fine on offense just depends on what Boeckman, [b]Schoenhoft[/b], and Henton will do at the QB position. I think we will be fine.[/quote]

I can assure you that Schoenhoft will not impress anyone.

Guest Bengals1181
I expect next year to be somewhat like 2002. Smashmouth running football, with a strong defense. The difference is, Boeckman has a better arm than Krenzel (though is he as good of a decision maker).

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='427889' date='Jan 16 2007, 07:22 PM']I expect next year to be somewhat like 2002. Smashmouth running football, with a strong defense. The difference is, Boeckman has a better arm than Krenzel (though is he as good of a decision maker).[/quote]
sounds good to me. but i'll believe it when i see it. Krenzel might not have been an NFL quality qb, but that guy had balls of steel, with the head and heart to match. If Boeckman proves to be his equal (or better) i'll be a happy puppy this fall.

Guest Bengals1181
[quote name='WhoDeyUK' post='427997' date='Jan 16 2007, 04:34 PM']sounds good to me. but i'll believe it when i see it. Krenzel might not have been an NFL quality qb, but that guy had balls of steel, with the head and heart to match. If Boeckman proves to be his equal (or better) i'll be a happy puppy this fall.[/quote]

no doubt.

Guest WhoDeyForever
[quote name='WhoDeyUK' post='427997' date='Jan 16 2007, 04:34 PM']sounds good to me. but i'll believe it when i see it. Krenzel might not have been an NFL quality qb, but that guy had balls of steel, with the head and heart to match. If Boeckman proves to be his equal (or better) i'll be a happy puppy this fall.[/quote]

Yup. Krenzel was the damn leader of that entire team. Amazing to me what he did.

Archived