Reds Release Paul Wilson

[quote][size=3][b]Wilson released; Griffey on the move [/b][/size]

The Reds released Paul Wilson today, possibly ending his career.

"I'm not sure what I'm going to do," Wilson said. "I don't know."

Wilson spent most of the last two years trying to come back from shoulder surgery. He was 1-0 with an 8.10 ERA this spring. He was not given the option of going to Triple-A with the Reds.

It's truly a sad day in the clubhouse when a guy as classy as Wilson gets released. He was great with the media -- win or lose -- a great teammate and a favorite of the clubhouse people and the training staff.

I said I was sorry it ended like this. "No worries," he said.

GRIFFEY UPDATE: Ken Griffey Jr. said this about the move to right field: "It's not a big deal. You're the only one making a big deal out of it."

Asked if he'd be able to get on the field for a game this week, he said: "We'll see."

I said I thought it was a pretty big deal when a 10-time Gold Glove center fielder was moved to a different position. You've got to commend him for not making a stink about it.

HOPPER HOPPING: Norris Hopper's heal is very sore. He hurt it running into the fence in Lakeland. His spikes got caught in the padding and he landed on the heal. He was in a protective boot. He's going to miss five to seven days. That probably means Chris Denorfia makes the club if they take a right-handed-hitting, extra outfielder.[/quote]

[url="http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/redsinsider/"]John Fay's Blog[/url]

[quote name='big_dish' post='460068' date='Mar 21 2007, 03:38 PM']Are they busy getting Miltons walking papers together?
god I hope so![/quote]
I hope so too. Milton is a POS and was not worth a penny that Dan O'Brien payed for him. I still don't understand why you would pay a pitcher all that money (knowing his history of giving up homers) to Great American Small Park.

Archived