Free Agency 08

Guest Tigris
[quote name='GoBengals' post='465389' date='Apr 1 2007, 01:30 AM']thats exactly why, and there is a reason for it, do you think marvin and the front office forget he is here and ignore his cap number every year and just replace the other guy every year? we have been over this, tere are 64 starting DT's in the league, JT is always amung the top 1/3rd peko did well, doesnt mean jt didnt, chris henry scored more touchdowns than chad johson and his salary is 1.10th what chads it. does that mean henry is better than chad? jojo put up more passes defended than almost any other corner in the league, and gets paid beans, are all other corners in the league dog shit?

Asante Samuel
Chris McAlister
Champ Bailey
Rashean Mathis
Anthony Henry
Charles Woodson

thats a list of CB's who deflected more passes than JOJO. tied with nate clements, who only had 3 picks as a starter, jojo was doing clean up duty.

you can toss meaningless stats at DT around all day and get no where. there is a reason the coaches and team have kept him over every single dt since marvin arrived. didnt draft his replacement, and hasnt cut his playing time.,

if he isnt very good, why would all of that be true? is marvin a retard? the front office LOVES spending hella cash when its not worthwihle?

or common sense?[/quote]
Your view makes sense and you could/might/probably be right... but we watch the same games and for me, there's not much that I see out there that justifies JT making as much as he does.

I was also comparing JTs stats to other players that I actually watch play every Sunday (the guys I can actually compare him to and not just go by what I hear on tv, radio, internet). Joseph could have done a better job than those corners listed this year... I don't really know? The only guys I really watched was our players and whoever else was on that Sunday or Monday Night Football from other teams.

[quote name='Tigris' post='465175' date='Mar 31 2007, 11:31 AM']I don't know what you're talking about.

No one cut Robinson. When did I do it? And when did you say we'd be thin at DT of Robinson gets cut?

We're not talking about him getting cut anyway. It's about him getting extended after this season. *That is when I would be surprised if he got EXTENDED and played under another contract.*

No one was talking about him being cut.

If we address our needs this year at DB and LB, we could focus on upgrading the DT position NEXT year. Adams, Thornton would be a year older. Robinson would be no longer under contract (unless extended). It just seems like an opportune time to get better at the position.[/quote]

hahahahahahahahaha..... my bad! misread your words.

[quote name='Tigris' post='465556' date='Apr 1 2007, 04:50 PM']Your view makes sense and you could/might/probably be right... but we watch the same games and for me, there's not much that I see out there that justifies JT making as much as he does.

[b]I was also comparing JTs stats to other [u]players that I actually watch play every[/u] Sunday[/b] (the guys I can actually compare him to and not just go by what I hear on tv, radio, internet). Joseph could have done a better job than those corners listed this year... I don't really know? [color="#FF0000"]The only guys I really watched was our players and whoever else was on that Sunday or Monday Night Football [/color]from other teams.[/quote]

:blink:

alright then.

how about them reds?

Archived