Would u trade 1st or 2nd round pick for Zach Thomas?

Would u trade 1st or 2nd round pick for Zach Thomas  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Would u trade 1st or 2nd round pick for Zach Thomas

• yes
    • no
    • no another player

[quote name='bengalsfan850' post='465616' date='Apr 1 2007, 08:48 PM']didn't everyone think we could get 2-3 good years out of Adams too? istead we will get 2 avarage years and we would get about the same if Thomas came here[/quote]

I'm not sure how long you've been posting here; but there were a number of people less than thrilled with that signing...Because of his age, weight, and the fact that he was basically discarded by Buffalo.

No one is discarding Zach Thomas...Because he is still a tackling machine at MLB; and probably will be for 2-3 more years.

It's pointless anyways...The Dolphins won't trade him, and that tells you all you need to know.

BZ

There is no way you trade your first 2 picks for a 34 year old guy with the talent the Bengals have been getting in the draft since the Marvin Lewis era.

Maybe if we could get that for someone like Vilma, but not Zach Thomas.

Remember, Ahmad Brooks will be a HUGE pick up for us in the long run, look out for this year!

Guest schotzee
[quote name='chenry15' post='465678' date='Apr 1 2007, 10:52 PM']There is no way you trade your first 2 picks for a 34 year old guy with the talent the Bengals have been getting in the draft since the Marvin Lewis era.

[b]Maybe if we could get that for someone like Vilma or Briggs, but not Zach Thomas.[/b]
Remember, Ahmad Brooks will be a HUGE pick up for us in the long run, look out for this year![/quote]

I agree but I added Briggs.

[quote name='Scoutforlife591' post='465544' date='Apr 1 2007, 03:25 PM']I fail to see how this is Bengal related.

BTW, I was thinking the Bengals should trade for Jamaal Brooks.

Should I start a poll? <_<[/quote]
[img]http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/5616/carthitldj6.gif[/img]

Guest Bengals1181
[quote name='Chucktkd' post='465750' date='Apr 2 2007, 09:18 AM']I would give up a one and a two for his ex-brother-in-law.[/quote]

'eh I wouldn't go that far. Yea he's one of the best DE's in the game right now, but he has what 11 years on his wheels already too?

[quote name='WhoDeyThink' post='465749' date='Apr 2 2007, 09:18 AM'][img]http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/5616/carthitldj6.gif[/img][/quote]

Yeah, I'm such a nazi...great comparison. :thumbsdown: Be sure to stop by the Gas-Chamber subforum WDT.

Furthermore it's a reply thread? WTF is a reply thread? I thought that was the purpose of the reply button.

Let me start some more threads in the main forum and push everything else down:

Would trade a 1st and 3rd for Jerome McDougle?

Do you think we should change to a zone-blocking scheme and trade a 6th Rd pick for Damien Woody?

I think we should combine our compensatory picks from Eric Steinbach and Justin Smith, and Akili Smith and trade up to a top 5 overall pick and select Paul Soliai, he's such a beast.

I think we should trade Deltha O'Neal for Darrent Williams straight up. I think Marvin can resurrect his career.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='465821' date='Apr 2 2007, 12:09 PM']so Sam Adams > Peko ?

DexJax > Upcoming top drat pick ?[/quote]

In his defense, has been > never was is not equivalent to has been > will not be.

Thus, Adams > Peko isn't really applicable. That'd be more like Adams > than a prime Tony Willilams.

[quote name='Scoutforlife591' post='465895' date='Apr 2 2007, 02:10 PM']In his defense, has been > never was is not equivalent to has been > will not be.

Thus, Adams > Peko isn't really applicable. That'd be more like Adams > than a prime Tony Willilams.[/quote]

I take it to be similar something like (and I disagree with it, obviously, but neither are a desired choice but if I had to I'd take Landon over Hardy)

Kevin Hardy > Landon Johnson

Guest Yojimbo

[quote name='GoBengals' post='465821' date='Apr 2 2007, 12:09 PM']so Sam Adams > Peko ?

DexJax > Upcoming top drat pick ?[/quote]

Well I thought Peko did pretty damn awesome last season so he is neither of the above.

As for you trying to say that I think Jackson is better than the top draft pick for this year. I dunno...maybe you need a reminder on what greater than and less than means?

All I said is I put more value in a star in the taile end of his career (a has been) than I do the Kim Herrings Nate Websters and Tony Williams' of the league (never weres, never gonna be). A first round draft is is neither of these.

Hope I was more clear here.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='465856' date='Apr 2 2007, 01:16 PM']This tells me all I need to know. (and already knew)[/quote]

What? that your a fucking asshole that just follows me around insulting me?

We already knew that... :rolleyes:

[quote name='Yojimbo' post='465972' date='Apr 2 2007, 04:26 PM']Well I thought Peko did pretty damn awesome last season so he is neither of the above.

As for you trying to say that I think Jackson is better than the top draft pick for this year. I dunno...maybe you need a reminder on what greater than and less than means?

All I said is I put more value in a star in the taile end of his career (a has been) than I do the Kim Herrings Nate Websters and Tony Williams' of the league (never weres, never gonna be). A first round draft is is neither of these.

We already knew that... :rolleyes:[/quote]

so overpaying an over the hill free agnet is the way to go?

Guest Yojimbo
[quote name='GoBengals' post='465975' date='Apr 2 2007, 04:30 PM']so overpaying an over the hill free agnet is the way to go?[/quote]

Well I was just saying I MIGHT give up a 3rd for Zach. A quick improvement for next season. Worse case scenario... Thomas isnt good enough to start (yeah right). Well then you just brought in a vet to push the young guys, hopefully pass on a little knowledge, and it only cost you a 3rd and some change to do it.

By the way, my quote in your response makes it look like I am calling you an asshole. Not the case. Though we disagree on many Bengal related things, you have always been a cordial host. The "Fucking Asshole Who Keeps Following Me Around Insulting Me" award goes to JamieB. And he has earned it.

[quote name='Yojimbo' post='465972' date='Apr 2 2007, 04:26 PM']Hope I was more clear here.

Yojimbo - no one threw any blatant insults but you. Sure we can take subtle jabs at each other. I did this to you in another thread and you came back at me with a <paraprhasing> 'stupidest post of the year'. That's cool. People can make their own judgement. But calling someone a "fucking asshole". For what? he just said this post says "this tells me all I needed to know".

Guest Yojimbo

[quote name='Phatcat' post='465980' date='Apr 2 2007, 04:36 PM']Yojimbo - no one threw any blatant insults but you. Sure we can take subtle jabs at each other. I did this to you in another thread and you came back at me with a <paraprhasing> 'stupidest post of the year'. That's cool. People can make their own judgement. But calling someone a "fucking asshole". For what? he just said this post says "this tells me all I needed to know".[/quote]

Well I will put it this way...

My contribution to this thread was pretty much : "I MIGHT do Zach for a 3rd rounder. But a 1st AND 2nd rounder? Certainly not."

Others who will remain nameless? There contribution has been just to crap all over this thread.

If you took offense to "stupidest post of the year" then I apologize that sarcasm does not travel well over the internet. My comment was tongue-in-cheek, meant as a "subtle jab" at all the wordettes who go around calling every thread they disagree with, "the stupidest post of the year." Perhaps I was a little too subtle. So when JamieB came along to shit on another thread, I thought it best to be a little less subtle. Hey at least I got my point across this time. Sorry for the misunderstanding, phatcat. ;)

[quote name='Yojimbo' post='465979' date='Apr 2 2007, 04:36 PM']Well I was just saying I MIGHT give up a 3rd for Zach. A quick improvement for next season. Worse case scenario... Thomas isnt good enough to start (yeah right). Well then you just brought in a vet to push the young guys, hopefully pass on a little knowledge, and it only cost you a 3rd and some change to do it.
By the way, my quote in your response makes it look like I am calling you an asshole. Not the case. Though we disagree on many Bengal related things, you have always been a cordial host. The "Fucking Asshole Who Keeps Following Me Around Insulting Me" award goes to JamieB. And he has earned it.[/quote]

no worries, i dont think anyone said he couldnt start, but ringing him in stunts and growth of the team, once he "falls off" he can teach the young, ala ham adams. but he is cotly in todays free agency, it will be a few years before it levels out to fair pay again. i mean fuck, clements got 10 mil a year for 8 years, fuck!. a top draft pick at thomas' position puts us in a better position this year and next, a young talent to learn behind smith, and a talented younger cheaper player with a year under his belt to start next year.

im not big on argueing this guy or this guy for this year only. as i fan and likely long time season ticket holder im more concerned with this year through when i stop going. if a player and his salary steps us up a year and fuks us the next im not a fan of such a situation. some here want to sacrifice everything for a single hopeful year. not you perhaps. i think we were both argueing two different things. no worries.

[quote name='Yojimbo' post='465972' date='Apr 2 2007, 04:26 PM']Well I thought Peko did pretty damn awesome last season so he is neither of the above.

Uhm where was I insulting you? :blink:

Perhaps you should have read what I stated in the later post.

[quote]I take it to be similar something like (and I disagree with it, obviously, but neither are a desired choice but if I had to I'd take Landon over Hardy)

Kevin Hardy > Landon Johnson[/quote]

SO, what I "knew" and already "knew" is that you prefer the "old has beens" to the "young never going to bes". And I disagreed.

You saw something that wasnt there my friend. (ie: an insult)

[quote name='Yojimbo' post='465988' date='Apr 2 2007, 04:44 PM']Well I will put it this way...

My contribution to this thread was pretty much : "I MIGHT do Zach for a 3rd rounder. But a 1st AND 2nd rounder? Certainly not."
Others who will remain nameless? There contribution has been just to crap all over this thread.

If you took offense to "stupidest post of the year" then I apologize that sarcasm does not travel well over the internet. My comment was tongue-in-cheek, meant as a "subtle jab" at all the wordettes who go around calling every thread they disagree with, "the stupidest post of the year." Perhaps I was a little too subtle. So when JamieB came along to shit on another thread, I thought it best to be a little less subtle. Hey at least I got my point across this time. Sorry for the misunderstanding, phatcat. ;)[/quote]

No I didn't take offense. That's why I stated "That's cool" in my post - go re-read. It was subtle jab on both our parts. There was no need for me to continue.

I was using that exchange as an example vs. replying "fucking asshole"...... just saying.

Guest Yojimbo

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='465993' date='Apr 2 2007, 04:46 PM']Uhm where was I insulting you? :blink:

Perhaps you should have read what I stated in the later post.

You mean the post

SO, what I "knew" and already "knew" is that you prefer the "old has beens" to the "young never going to bes". And I disagreed.

You saw something that wasnt there my friend. (ie: an insult)[/quote]

Whatever...

:thumbsdown:

Archived