Reds @ Dbacks Game 3 HAMILTON STARTING!!!!!

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain

Guest oldschooler

[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='471000' date='Apr 11 2007, 10:54 PM']JOSH FUCKING HAMILTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

:headbang:

[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='471005' date='Apr 12 2007, 12:04 AM']ive been debating who to get. Phillips, Hamilton, or Edwin. After the bullshit Edwin got tonight i wont get his. Phillips is struggling right now, so maybe ill get Hamilton :) I am fearing they might trade Edwin because he isnt a superb defender and he gets hated on for bullshit.
Im sick of Narron and his two different sets of rules.[/quote]

If Griffey or Dunn did what EE did you would be furious at them...

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='471017' date='Apr 12 2007, 12:15 AM']If Griffey or Dunn did what EE did you would be furious at them...[/quote]
not true. i personally thought the ball was foul. ive had that happen to me when i played baseball. id hit a ball and look for it cuz i thought it went foul and i couldnt find it till late. plus griffey practically does that on EVERY play lol.

come on weathers damnit.

Guest CincyInDC

[quote name='oldschooler' post='471020' date='Apr 12 2007, 12:21 AM']Good thing Hamilton hit that homer, or it would be tied.

This team gives me an ulcer . . .[/quote]

ulcer? better than an aneurysm.

:ninja:

[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='471005' date='Apr 12 2007, 12:04 AM']ive been debating who to get. Phillips, Hamilton, or Edwin. After the bullshit Edwin got tonight i wont get his. Phillips is struggling right now, so maybe ill get Hamilton :) I am fearing they might trade Edwin because he isnt a superb defender and he gets hated on for bullshit.[/quote]

33 is also my favorite number, so that might lead to me getting one too.

by the way i was kinda indifferent when the new jerseys first came out, but now that they are playing in them and stuff i think they are pretty sweet.

I think I'm bad luck. I didn't start posting in game threads here until the D-Backs series started and we lost. I stopped early in this game and we went on to win.

So, I'm going to exile myself from posting in this part of the forum. :D

Oh yeah and thanks for making that one as much of a nail biter as possible Weathers.

[img]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/strikereternal/davidweathers2.jpg[/img]

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='471024' date='Apr 12 2007, 12:25 AM']and this one belongs to the reds!!
The play where gonzo slid was kinda cool, woulda been sweet had he turned two.[/quote]
if he turned two then that would have been a GOD GEM, not just a web gem.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='471028' date='Apr 12 2007, 12:33 AM']33 is also my favorite number, so that might lead to me getting one too.

by the way i was kinda indifferent when the new jerseys first came out, but now that they are playing in them and stuff i think they are pretty sweet.[/quote]
im not getting a new jersey. im getting a spring training/batting practice jersey. Those are WAY better.

[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='471030' date='Apr 12 2007, 12:36 AM']if he turned two then that would have been a GOD GEM, not just a web gem.
im not getting a new jersey. im getting a spring training/batting practice jersey. Those are WAY better.[/quote]

Yeah those are pretty cool too....

decisions decisions...

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='471017' date='Apr 12 2007, 12:15 AM']If Griffey or Dunn did what EE did you would be furious at them...[/quote]

If Griffey or Dunn did what EE did they would have probably gotten away with it.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='CTA513' post='471037' date='Apr 12 2007, 12:50 AM']If Griffey or Dunn did what EE did they would have probably gotten away with it.[/quote]
they would have. marty was talking about how players have different sets of rules. my friend who works on the grounds crew said the 2 different sets of rules are obvious as hell to the grounds crew and they talk about it all the time.

[quote name='akiliMVP' post='471032' date='Apr 12 2007, 12:40 AM']Hamilton HAS to become the starting center fielder. He is knocking the shit out of the ball [s]right now[/s] ever since he picked up a bat.[/quote]

fixed it akili;

:ninja:

[quote name='CincyInDC' post='470994' date='Apr 11 2007, 11:43 PM']Mark Grace is doing color commentary on Fox Sports Arizona, and I want to fucking strangle him.[/quote]

is that who that was??? he fucking sucked, at least 3-4 times he fucked up and said the wrong pitch count or he said that there were two out after the third out had just been made. little things but very annoying when he keeps making the mistakes over and over.

[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='470898' date='Apr 11 2007, 09:09 PM']I dont really give a shit about someones past, all i care about is current.[/quote]

That's wouldn't make you a very smart baseball fan....but then again, I pretty much got that with our Adam Dunn conversation in the off season.

[quote name='j.5000022' post='471108' date='Apr 12 2007, 09:23 AM']Hamilton has earned a spot in the starting roster. The ? is how to put him in there.[/quote]

If you play him (which I'd probably only do vs. right handers....he's looked lost against the lefties a couple times this season), you sit Ryan Freel. He brings nothing to the table that Hamilton and Phillips couldn't cover up.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='470990' date='Apr 11 2007, 11:30 PM']griffey seems to have lost his hr power, he is hitting every ball to the warning track in left field. Once he can start turning on those the homers should start coming in.[/quote]

Not true. I mean, if Kenny Lofton can still hit a home run (which he did the other day), Junior obviously still can.

C'mon....Griffey missed all but ONE WEEK of spring training, give it a little bit.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='sm00th_kw' post='471650' date='Apr 13 2007, 11:45 AM']That's why you aren't a very smart baseball fan.
[b]Care to discuss Adam Dunn again?[/b][/quote]
you care to pay attention to anything ive said in the past 3 months?

i praised dunn for his work ethic this offseason/season. i ripped dunn for his lack of work ethic in the past.

and what a player did in the past doesnt mean shit, that makes you a dumbass baseball fan.

Sure....that's all you said about Dunn. [url="http://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?showtopic=24567&st=0"]Or not.[/url]

A players past statistics mean a whole helleva lot, to insinuate anything else is completely obtuse...but you do it all the time, because you overreact on pretty much every baseball point you try to make. Which, for baseball, is a fatal flaw.

Somebody has a off year (like Dunn, kind of last season)...you immediately call them a something you wouldn't to their face and then want to get rid of them instead of paying attention to the back of his baseball card. To his history. Its a stupid way to go about watching baseball, sorry.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='sm00th_kw' post='471674' date='Apr 13 2007, 12:16 PM']Sure....that's all you said about Dunn. [url="http://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?showtopic=24567&st=0"]Or not.[/url]
A players past statistics mean a whole helleva lot, to insinuate anything else is completely obtuse...but you do it all the time, because you overreact on pretty much every baseball point you try to make. Which, for baseball, is a fatal flaw.
Somebody has a off year (like Dunn, kind of last season)...you immediately call them a something you wouldn't to their face and then want to get rid of them instead of paying attention to the back of his baseball card. To his history. Its a stupid way to go about watching baseball, sorry.[/quote]
dunn has had seasons like last year his whole career. i know way too many baseball stats. my whole point about past stats meaning nothing was a direct comment at Griffey. Griffey isnt 50% of the player he used to be. Griffeys stats in seattle are meaningless because those are a wet dream for him now. And by going by what you said we should keep Eric Milton because in his past he has some solid seasons for a # 5 starter.

i like dunns work ethic now, but it still doesnt mean i wouldnt trade him. id dump him in a heart beat for a good pitcher. he still isnt worth the money he is making. If we trade dunn we'd have 18 mill in payroll free next season cuz of him and milton gone (minus the contracts we pick up for dunn). Id rather pick up a good pitcher and have 12-14 mill for FA. Sign a couple of bats for 5-6 mill, plus the pitcher in the Dunn trade and i think we are a better team.

and if a player asked me their opinion of them (which would NEVER happen obviously) i would give the straightest answer to their face because thats how i am and i just dont care.

Archived