GUN CONTROL & YOU

Guest BlackJesus

GUN CONTROL & YOU  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe in ANY level of gun control whatsoever ?

• Yes
    • NO !
  2. 2. Do you believe that the 2nd amendment applies only to "well trained militias" and not to individuals ?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
  3. 3. Do you believe that people should be limited in the # of guns they can own ?

• No, unlimited # of guns for law abiding citizens
    • Yes, you have to have a limit
    • Yes, that limit should be one gun
    • Yes, that limit should be NO guns
  4. 4. Should semi automatic weapons be banned ?

• Yes
    • No
    • in some cases
  5. 5. Should high capacity clips be banned ?

• Yes
    • No
    • in some cases
  6. 6. Should all gun purchases come with a background check ?

• Yes
    • No
  7. 7. Should all gun purchases come with a 48 hr waiting period ?

• Yes
    • No
  8. 8. Should citizens have to register all guns with the police ?

• Yes
    • No
  9. 9. Should citizens be able to carry concealed weapons anywhere ?

• Yes, anywhere
    • In most places
    • Not anywhere
  10. 10. I believe the large amount of guns in America makes America _______ ?

• Safer
    • Less safe
    • Free from possible tyranny
    • A scene out of Grand theft auto
  11. 11. Do you own a gun yourself ?

• Yes
    • No
  12. 12. Does the 2nd amendment cover owning a bazooka ?

• Yes
    • No
  13. 13. Is the NRA in America too powerful ?

• Yes, they need to be reigned in
    • No, I wish they had more power
    • No, they lobby like anyone else
  14. 14. Is rampant gun ownership a good way to combat crime ?

• Yes, will make criminals think twice
    • No, the criminal will bring a bigger gun
    • No, citizens are not police
    • Maybe
  15. 15. Should guns come with a fingerprint device that only lets the owner pull the trigger ?

• Yes
    • No
  16. 16. In your opinion, are there too many guns in America ?

• Yes
    • No

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='Jamie_B' post='475316' date='Apr 20 2007, 01:58 PM']I dont agree with that at all, it simply means that I dont understand those type, I dont get their enjoyment thats all.[/quote]

and b/c of that, you dismiss any points they make... ?

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='475317' date='Apr 20 2007, 01:58 PM']In my opinion, one of the worst ideas I've ever heard in the debate about gun control came from you. Gun owners should be forced to pay dues to a militia???

Ted Nugent has never said anything that ridiculous about guns.[/quote]

Why is that a bad idea? Does that not fall in line with the text of the 2nd admenment?

Guest BengalBacker

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='475319' date='Apr 20 2007, 01:59 PM']There is a fine line between passion and insanity. I mean Backer used to call BJ insane on occasion.[/quote]

BJ is insane on occasion.

:meatwad:

Guest BengalBacker
[quote name='Jamie_B' post='475322' date='Apr 20 2007, 02:00 PM']Why is that a bad idea? Does that not fall in line with the text of the 2nd admenment?[/quote]

What purpose would it serve?

[quote name='bengalrick' post='475320' date='Apr 20 2007, 02:00 PM']and b/c of that, you dismiss any points they make... ?[/quote]

I didnt say I dismiss them, I said I dont take them as seriously.

I mean do you take someone like Cindy Sheehan seriously?

Guest BengalBacker

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='475325' date='Apr 20 2007, 02:00 PM']Then I would argue that your being insane on this occasion. ;)

:meatwad:[/quote]

Am not. You are.

:badger:

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='475319' date='Apr 20 2007, 12:59 PM']There is a fine line between passion and insanity. I mean Backer used to call BJ insane on occasion.[/quote]

Extremism is at least fun. There's nothing more boring than moderates, and a cool-headed, level discussion. Give me radicals, and a heroic backdrop of clash between radicals, you there you have a recipe for immortality that will engender social change, flourishing arts (both in the time of the radicals, and later as people look back on the Great Epoch), and heroes to inspire new generations.

Guest BengalBacker

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='475329' date='Apr 20 2007, 02:02 PM']I mean do you take someone like Cindy Sheehan seriously?[/quote]

BJ does.

:)

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='475330' date='Apr 20 2007, 02:03 PM']Am not. You are.
:badger:[/quote]

[img]http://www.perkydesigns.com/Pee_Wee_herman-2.jpg[/img]

[size=5]HA! HA![/size]

[quote name='Actium' post='475332' date='Apr 20 2007, 02:04 PM']Extremism is at least fun. There's nothing more boring than moderates, and a cool-headed, level discussion. Give me radicals, and a heroic backdrop of clash between radicals, you there you have a recipe for immortality that will engender social change, flourishing arts (both in the time of the radicals, and later as people look back on the Great Epoch), and heroes to inspire new generations.[/quote]

:lol:

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='475334' date='Apr 20 2007, 02:05 PM']BJ does.

:)[/quote]

And you call him nuts because of it. ;)

Guest BengalBacker
[quote name='Jamie_B' post='475331' date='Apr 20 2007, 02:04 PM']It simply is the idea that it would help to regulate them (another word in that admenment) more.[/quote]

I don't need to be regulated. I need to have the ability to defend myself and my family. I don't see how paying dues to a militia serves any purpose, other than being some sort of punishment for my desire to own a gun.

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='Jamie_B' post='475329' date='Apr 20 2007, 02:02 PM']I didnt say I dismiss them, I said I dont take them as seriously.

I mean do you take someone like Cindy Sheehan seriously?[/quote]

cindy sheehan doesn't know what she is talking about when she criticizes bush for not being strong enough on north korea, or being too strong or iran or whatever...

ted nuggent knows what he's talking about though, when it comes to gun rights...

so again, not a valid comparion...

how about this, if michael moore says something, should i automatically ignore him?

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='475341' date='Apr 20 2007, 02:10 PM']I don't need to be regulated. I need to have the ability to defend myself and my family. I don't see how paying dues to a militia serves any purpose, other than being some sort of punishment for my desire to own a gun.[/quote]

Owning a gun is a luxary, we dont issue them to our citizens. (though Im waiting on the next line.... "maybee we should")

[quote name='bengalrick' post='475342' date='Apr 20 2007, 02:11 PM']cindy sheehan doesn't know what she is talking about when she criticizes bush for not being strong enough on north korea, or being too strong or iran or whatever...

ted nuggent knows what he's talking about though, when it comes to gun rights...

so again, not a valid comparion...

[b]how about this, if michael moore says something, should i automatically ignore him?[/b][/quote]

Well should you?

Guest BengalBacker

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='475336' date='Apr 20 2007, 02:06 PM']And you call him nuts because of it. ;)[/quote]

That's not why I call him nuts.

Cindy Sheehan's opinions are valid, even if I don't agree with them. She has a different perspective than I do. Ted Nugent has a different perspective than you do.

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='475344' date='Apr 20 2007, 02:13 PM']That's not why I call him nuts.

Cindy Sheehan's opinions are valid, even if I don't agree with them. She has a different perspective than I do. Ted Nugent has a different perspective than you do.[/quote]

Then you should explain it, because thats how Ive always take why you call him nuts.

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='Jamie_B' post='475343' date='Apr 20 2007, 02:13 PM']Well should you?[/quote]

i don't ignore people based on who they are, with the excpetion of biggots like a david duke... although i clearly would have answered this question differently in years past... as much as i hate him, i think his goals are for what is best (in his head) for our country...

Guest BengalBacker
[quote name='Jamie_B' post='475343' date='Apr 20 2007, 02:13 PM']Owning a gun is a luxary, we dont issue them to our citizens. (though Im waiting on the next line.... "maybee we should")[/quote]

It's not a luxury, it's a right.

[quote name='bengalrick' post='475346' date='Apr 20 2007, 02:15 PM']i don't ignore people based on who they are... although i clearly would have answered this question differently in years past... as much as i hate him, i think his goals are for what is best (in his head) for our country...[/quote]

But do you take his opinions as seriously as you would anyone else?

Guest bengalrick

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='475350' date='Apr 20 2007, 02:17 PM']But do you take his opinions as seriously as you would anyone else?[/quote]

fair question...

no :)
<edit> although, i would at least rebuke his facts, instead of simply saying "but its michael moore so i won't even read what he wrote"...

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='475347' date='Apr 20 2007, 02:15 PM']It's not a luxury, it's a right.[/quote]

So then lets start doling them out to those who want them.

By luxary I mean you have to pay for it.

Needs

Food
Shelter
ect

Luxary
Big Screen TVs
Nice Cars
Guns

Guest BengalBacker
[quote name='Jamie_B' post='475345' date='Apr 20 2007, 02:15 PM']Then you should explain it, because thats how Ive always take why you call him nuts.[/quote]

No, Cindy Sheehan is not why I've called BJ nuts, but let's not make this thread about BJ.

[quote name='bengalrick' post='475351' date='Apr 20 2007, 02:19 PM']fair question...

no :)[/quote]

And so now you know what I mean when I say I dont take Nuget's opinion seriously. ;)

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='475353' date='Apr 20 2007, 02:19 PM']No, Cindy Sheehan is not why I've called BJ nuts, but let's not make this thread about BJ.[/quote]

It doenst have to be but that is only one example, and now Im pretty confused as to why you think that.

Guest BengalBacker
[quote name='Jamie_B' post='475352' date='Apr 20 2007, 02:19 PM']So then lets start doling them out to those who want them.

By luxary I mean you have to pay for it.

Needs

Food
Shelter
ect

Luxary
Big Screen TVs
Nice Cars
Guns[/quote]

The right to defend yourself is right up there with food and shelter.

Guest bengalrick

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='475354' date='Apr 20 2007, 02:20 PM']And so now you know what I mean when I say I dont take Nuget's opinion seriously. ;)[/quote]

i added some more to that post that is important for making my point...

Archived