GUN CONTROL & YOU

Guest BlackJesus

GUN CONTROL & YOU  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe in ANY level of gun control whatsoever ?

• Yes
    • NO !
  2. 2. Do you believe that the 2nd amendment applies only to "well trained militias" and not to individuals ?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
  3. 3. Do you believe that people should be limited in the # of guns they can own ?

• No, unlimited # of guns for law abiding citizens
    • Yes, you have to have a limit
    • Yes, that limit should be one gun
    • Yes, that limit should be NO guns
  4. 4. Should semi automatic weapons be banned ?

• Yes
    • No
    • in some cases
  5. 5. Should high capacity clips be banned ?

• Yes
    • No
    • in some cases
  6. 6. Should all gun purchases come with a background check ?

• Yes
    • No
  7. 7. Should all gun purchases come with a 48 hr waiting period ?

• Yes
    • No
  8. 8. Should citizens have to register all guns with the police ?

• Yes
    • No
  9. 9. Should citizens be able to carry concealed weapons anywhere ?

• Yes, anywhere
    • In most places
    • Not anywhere
  10. 10. I believe the large amount of guns in America makes America _______ ?

• Safer
    • Less safe
    • Free from possible tyranny
    • A scene out of Grand theft auto
  11. 11. Do you own a gun yourself ?

• Yes
    • No
  12. 12. Does the 2nd amendment cover owning a bazooka ?

• Yes
    • No
  13. 13. Is the NRA in America too powerful ?

• Yes, they need to be reigned in
    • No, I wish they had more power
    • No, they lobby like anyone else
  14. 14. Is rampant gun ownership a good way to combat crime ?

• Yes, will make criminals think twice
    • No, the criminal will bring a bigger gun
    • No, citizens are not police
    • Maybe
  15. 15. Should guns come with a fingerprint device that only lets the owner pull the trigger ?

• Yes
    • No
  16. 16. In your opinion, are there too many guns in America ?

• Yes
    • No

Guest BengalBacker
[quote name='Jamie_B' post='475272' date='Apr 20 2007, 01:26 PM']One who gets enjoyment from the weapons rather than defending the rights of ownership.[/quote]

He can't do both?

[quote name='bengalrick' post='475271' date='Apr 20 2007, 01:24 PM']i dont' see anything wrong w/ finding enjoyment in guns... just b/c you and i don't, doesn't make anyone that feels that way a psycho...

i don't listen to duke b/c hes a biggot... i don't listen to people that has the goal of spreading hate... nugent's goal is to spread independance (not freedom, but to free people from the dependance they have on gov't, etc...)

i still don't feel this comparison is fair, although i admit i took it the wrong way at first...[/quote]

I dissagre.

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='Jamie_B' post='475277' date='Apr 20 2007, 01:29 PM']I dissagre.[/quote]

because..... ?

you are being very unfair w/ people that enjoy hunting...

Guest BengalBacker
[quote name='Jamie_B' post='475278' date='Apr 20 2007, 01:30 PM']It lessens the impact of anything he would say on the topic imo.[/quote]

I'd say it means he knows more about guns than you do.

Essentially you're saying he likes guns and you don't, so his opinion about guns isn't valid.

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='Jamie_B' post='475283' date='Apr 20 2007, 01:33 PM']I frankly dont understand the psyche of someone who could find enjoyment in them.[/quote]

jamie, i love you man but don't become an elitist... this statement reaks of it...

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='475282' date='Apr 20 2007, 01:32 PM']I'd say it means he knows more about guns than you do.

Essentially you're saying he likes guns and you don't, so his opinion about guns isn't valid.[/quote]

I would say that he is on the extreame right of the argument and those who want to ban all guns are on the extreame left, and that taking the opinions of either when looking at the argument makes it tought to have a fair debate on it.

[quote name='bengalrick' post='475287' date='Apr 20 2007, 01:35 PM']jamie, i love you man but don't become an elitist... this statement reaks of it...[/quote]

whaaaat? how so?

Guest BengalBacker
[quote name='Jamie_B' post='475283' date='Apr 20 2007, 01:33 PM']I frankly dont understand the psyche of someone who could find enjoyment in them.[/quote]

A lot of that depends on where, and how you've grown up. Enjoying guns doesn't make someone psycho.

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='475289' date='Apr 20 2007, 01:37 PM']A lot of that depends on where, and how you've grown up. Enjoying guns doesn't make someone psycho.[/quote]

I didnt say psycho, I said "NRA Nut". By nut I mean he takes the extreame side of a position.

Guest bengalrick
[i]I frankly dont understand the psyche of someone who could find enjoyment in them.[/i]

you make it sound as if since you dont' understand those sorts of people, that they are beneath you... i feel like a murderer if i run over a squirrel on the road so i am closer to your thinking on this than you may know, but that doesn't make the opinions of those that do enjoy to hunt any less valid...

Guest BengalBacker
[quote name='Jamie_B' post='475288' date='Apr 20 2007, 01:36 PM']I would say that he is on the extreame right of the argument and those who want to ban all guns are on the extreame left, and that taking the opinions of either when looking at the argument makes it tought to have a fair debate on it.[/quote]

But the extremes on both sides are what fuels the debate. If the moderate opinions were the only ones that should be considered, there would be no debate.

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='475296' date='Apr 20 2007, 01:43 PM']But the extremes on both sides are what fuels the debate. If the moderate opinions were the only ones that should be considered, there would be no debate.[/quote]

The moderate opinions are where the compramise is made, the extreamists never get what they want.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='475256' date='Apr 20 2007, 12:04 PM']Rick with all due respect that is dumb. Thats like saying David Duke has points.[/quote]

A good idea is a good idea, regardless of where it comes from.

Be sure to thank the birthday boy Adolf Hitler whenever you are driving down a superhighway.

[quote name='bengalrick' post='475295' date='Apr 20 2007, 01:42 PM'][i]I frankly dont understand the psyche of someone who could find enjoyment in them.[/i]

you make it sound as if since you dont' understand those sorts of people, that they are beneath you... i feel like a murderer if i run over a squirrel on the road so i am closer to your thinking on this than you may know, but that doesn't make the opinions of those that do enjoy to hunt any less valid...[/quote]

Rick you jump to conclusions far to quickly sometimes.

Not understanding the psyche of someone who finds enjoyment in guns doesnt mean I think Im above them, it simply means I dont understand their psyche thats all.

[quote name='Actium' post='475299' date='Apr 20 2007, 01:45 PM']A good idea is a good idea, regardless of where it comes from.

Be sure to thank the birthday boy Adolf Hitler whenever you are driving down a superhighway.[/quote]

[img]http://www.lifeinlegacy.com/2004/0306/SchottMarge.jpg[/img]

[size=4]I agree. [/size]

;)

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='475263' date='Apr 20 2007, 12:12 PM']In so much as he's an NRA nut that finds enjoyment in guns = his opinion is kind of hard to take seriouly. Much LIKE David Duke is hard to take seriously when he talks about race reltions. THAT is the fair comparison I was trying to make.[/quote]

People who speak out on subjects, especially hot button issues like gun control, tend to be passionate. They are the people who should be taken seriously. An expert on a subject probably cares about it. Factor that into your evaluation of their points, but don't automatically ignore what they have to say.

Guest BengalBacker
[quote name='Actium' post='475304' date='Apr 20 2007, 01:48 PM']People who speak out on subjects, especially hot button issues like gun control, tend to be passionate. They are the people who should be taken seriously. An expert on a subject probably cares about it. Factor that into your evaluation of their points, but don't automatically ignore what they have to say.[/quote]

Exactly.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='475297' date='Apr 20 2007, 12:44 PM']The moderate opinions are where the compramise is made, the extreamists never get what they want.[/quote]

But in order to be a compromise the points have to come from somewhere--usually from the extremes.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='475303' date='Apr 20 2007, 12:47 PM'][img]http://www.lifeinlegacy.com/2004/0306/SchottMarge.jpg[/img]

[size=4]I agree. [/size]

;)[/quote]

:thumbsup: I've always thought it's a bad idea to portray people as pure monsters or pure heroes. Life is never so simple. She had the guts to say what is really quite true.

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='Jamie_B' post='475300' date='Apr 20 2007, 01:46 PM']Rick you jump to conclusions far to quickly sometimes.

Not understanding the psyche of someone who finds enjoyment in guns doesnt mean I think Im above them, it simply means I dont understand their psyche thats all.[/quote]

you didn't say you were better than those people, but you did say you can't fathom how someone could possibly think that way... and that is saying the exact same thing in my book at least...

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='Actium' post='475304' date='Apr 20 2007, 01:48 PM']People who speak out on subjects, especially hot button issues like gun control, tend to be passionate. They are the people who should be taken seriously. An expert on a subject probably cares about it. Factor that into your evaluation of their points, but don't automatically ignore what they have to say.[/quote]

good point... and there is no doubt about nugents passion...

[quote name='bengalrick' post='475313' date='Apr 20 2007, 01:56 PM']you didn't say you were better than those people, but you did say you can't fathom how someone could possibly think that way... and that is saying the exact same thing in my book at least...[/quote]

I dont agree with that at all, it simply means that I dont understand those type, I dont get their enjoyment thats all.

Guest BengalBacker
In my opinion, one of the worst ideas I've ever heard in the debate about gun control came from you. Gun owners should be forced to pay dues to a militia???

Ted Nugent has never said anything that ridiculous about guns.

There is a fine line between passion and insanity. I mean Backer used to call BJ insane on occasion.

Archived