Star Wars Episode III pics

Boomer07

Here are a bunch of pics from the upcoming Star Wars movie, along w/ a commentary from someone who has apparantley seen it.

Caution: Lot's of spoilers. Don't click this if you want to be suprised when the movie comes out.

Side note: the load time was a bit long on my DSL. Cable and above should be fine. If you still have a dial-up don't even bother.

[url="http://www.tpu.fi/~t4jlaaks/ep3/"]Episode III Pics[/url]

<edit> Scrolling down will be a spoiler too. Back up.

Guest 34inXXIII
Impressive.

Most impressive.

Buyer beware, however. When Boomer says "lots of spoilers", he's not kidding. I visit TheForce.net every day, yet there were quite a few images that even I hadn't seen.

I kicked myself 3 years ago for a certain spoiler that I saw more than a month before AOTC came out - Anakin's severed arm - but I just can't pull myself away from any news pertaining to the final movie.

[quote name='34inXXIII' date='Feb 23 2005, 08:19 PM']Impressive.

Most impressive.

Buyer beware, however.  When Boomer says "lots of spoilers", he's not kidding.  I visit TheForce.net every day, yet there were quite a few images that even I hadn't seen.

I kicked myself 3 years ago for a certain spoiler that I saw more than a month before AOTC came out - Anakin's severed arm - but I just can't pull myself away from any news pertaining to the final movie.
[right][post="50568"][/post][/right][/quote]

The biggest spoiler for me was when my next door neighbor saw "Empire' the day it came out (I didn't). He came straight home and told me that Vader was Luke's father. The fucker. :1018:

The only thing about this site that REALLY suprised me was that I thought Darth Sidious WAS Palpatine. It seems that I was wrong. <_<

Anyway, how cool is Samuel L.?

[img]http://www.tpu.fi/~t4jlaaks/ep3/windupalpatine6.jpg[/img]

[quote]ENGLISH, MOTHERFUCKER!  DO YOU SPEAK IT!?!?![/quote]

Guest 34inXXIII
I'd elaborate on that issue, but I think we should beware of spoiling anything for the readers here who are interested in the movie but not as geeked out as we are.

[quote name='34inXXIII' date='Feb 23 2005, 09:16 PM']I'd elaborate on that issue, but I think we should beware of spoiling anything for the readers here who are interested in the movie but not as geeked out as we are.
[right][post="50592"][/post][/right][/quote]

:lol:

Hey, I warned them. I added a line telling them not to scoll down. If they click the link, or scroll down, it's all on them.

So please, elaborate. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//26.gif[/img]

[quote name='Boomer07' date='Feb 23 2005, 10:06 PM']The biggest spoiler for me was when my next door neighbor saw "Empire' the day it came out (I didn't).  [b]He came straight home and told me that Vader was Luke's father.[/b]  The fucker.  :1018:

The only thing about this site that REALLY suprised me was that I thought Darth Sidious WAS Palpatine.  It seems that I was wrong.  <_<

Anyway, how cool is Samuel L.?

[img]http://www.tpu.fi/~t4jlaaks/ep3/windupalpatine6.jpg[/img]
[right][post="50584"][/post][/right][/quote]

I knew Vader was Lukes father from Star Wars. Seriously. Nobody believed me at the time.

[quote name='Boomer07' date='Feb 23 2005, 10:26 PM']How the hell did you know that?
[right][post="50603"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

It just seemed a little too convenient that Vader killed Luke's father. And movies rarely surprise me.

[quote name='Jason' date='Feb 23 2005, 09:33 PM']It just seemed a little too convenient that Vader killed Luke's father.  And movies rarely surprise me.
[right][post="50608"][/post][/right][/quote]

Wow.

Well, movies rarely suprise me anymore too (6th Sense is the last one I can remember), but I was only like 7 when "A New Hope" came out and like 10 when "Empire" came out. :P

I was totally shocked. :lol:

Guest 34inXXIII
Are movies in generally really suprising anymore?

As for Sidious, I was trying to understand why you suddenly believe that Palpatine is not Sidious. Looking back at those pictures, the following caption doesn't help: "Anakin and Dooku duel as Sidious watches in excitement." Though that is truly Sidious, he is in the form of Chancellor Palpatine in that scene. It is only much later that he reveals his true identity. I was digging through TheForce.net's fact sheet to get some backup on this, but this is all I found:

Producer Rick McCallum referring to them both as the same person...'[url="http://www.theforce.net/episode3/jtf/palpatine.asp"]We will definitely see Palpatine/Sidious use an "awesome display of the dark side of the force". - RM[/url]'

There is also a slightly more vague comment further down the page that Dooku knows the true identity of Darth Sidious.

I wish I had more than that right now, but you were right the first time. Your insight serves you well.

[quote name='34inXXIII' date='Feb 23 2005, 09:55 PM']Are movies in generally really suprising anymore?

As for Sidious, I was trying to understand why you suddenly believe that Palpatine is not Sidious.  Looking back at those pictures, the following caption doesn't help: "Anakin and Dooku duel as Sidious watches in excitement."  Though that is truly Sidious, he is in the form of Chancellor Palpatine in that scene.  It is only much later that he reveals his true identity.  I was digging through TheForce.net's fact sheet to get some backup on this, but this is all I found: 

Producer Rick McCallum referring to them both as the same person...'[url="http://www.theforce.net/episode3/jtf/palpatine.asp"]We will definitely see Palpatine/Sidious use an "awesome display of the dark side of the force". - RM[/url]'

There is also a slightly more vague comment further down the page that Dooku knows the true identity of Darth Sidious.

I wish I had more than that right now, but you were right the first time.  Your insight serves you well.
[right][post="50621"][/post][/right][/quote]

Looking at the page again, you're right, I was right. :lol:

I think the captions initially threw me when I looked at it the 1st time, changing from Palpatine to Sidious.

I saw Episode I w/ my Dad & a buddy of his (both retired), and I remember walking out and mentioning that Palpatine was going to be the Emporer. They looked at me like I had two heads. :lol: I told them that Lea even referred to him as Palpatine in the first one (Star Wars/A New Hope). They didn't buy it. I should've had them put money on it. :lol:

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//26.gif[/img]

Guest BlackJesus

[b]Maybe I am one of the few people in America who never saw the first 3 star Wars.... Never been into Sci Fi really....

Have no idea what the fuck yall talking bout

I like Samuel Jackson though he's a badass ;) [/b]

"Phantom Menace" and ATOC have failed to really move me in any way, except for the special effects, of course.
The first three movies produced had a certain something to them that these new ones lack. Magic? Some type of feel? I can't describe it but somewhere along the way I kinda lost some interest in these movies. They haven't been as...special to me as the other three. Maybe it is because I saw the first three when I was a kid and so much time elapsed before phantom and ATOC were made...but oh well, I still want to see it...

[quote name='Bunghole' date='Feb 24 2005, 01:58 PM']"Phantom Menace" and ATOC have failed to really move me in any way, except for the special effects, of course.
The first three movies produced had a certain something to them that these new ones lack.  Magic?  Some type of feel?  I can't describe it but somewhere along the way I kinda lost some interest in these movies.  They haven't been as...special to me as the other three.  Maybe it is because I saw the first three when I was a kid and so much time elapsed before phantom and ATOC were made...but oh well, I still want to see it...
[right][post="50978"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I watched the first 3 again when the dvd set came out. If you watch the bonus disk.... Lucas put a ton of time into the story line and even worked w/ Joseph Cambell to make sure his mythology wasnt screwed up. The first 3 seemed to be his love, the last 3 are his new jaguar.

Archived