Who got the better deal with the trade between the Reds and Nats

j.5000022

Guest WhoDeyForever
I think it's safe to say that the Nats did. Majewski is a POS and Bray has been hurt..Who knows when Bray comes back though..If he ever does.

[quote name='WhoDeyForever' post='499947' date='Jun 13 2007, 05:43 PM']I think it's safe to say that the Nats did. Majewski is a POS and Bray has been hurt..Who knows when Bray comes back though..If he ever does.[/quote]
I think it may take more time to tell since Bray is injured and Majeski was too.

Guest Master Shake
Majewski is garbage... hopefully Bray will be able to salvage the trade for the Reds if he ever gets healthy.

Kearns and Lopez def weren't great players, but when you look at the current Reds team, SS and RF (and C & RP) are the only positions where we truly don't have a long-term answer, and Kearns and Lopez could have helped us there.

Still don't like the trade until Bray becomes a quality major league pitcher, but I doubt Kearns or Lopez will blow up anytime soon... not with Washington, anyway.

Guest WhoDeyForever
[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='499972' date='Jun 13 2007, 06:01 PM']Gonzo is playing 10 times better then felo ever did, and if we had kearns I would prob say we wouldnt have ever gotten hamilton.

So the trade might not have been great, but the outcome has been fine for us.[/quote]

That's true.

Majewski isn't total garbage, and Bray was pretty good when he was healthy. If he and Guardado can come back soon and be effective, suddenly our bullpen looks much better, and we may yet make a run for the division if we can keep playing like we have recently.
Remember that the Indians and Angels are both 1st place teams.
It's teams like the Pirates that we need to worry about.
And I have Diamond seat tix to the Rangers game on Sunday....WOOT!

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='Master Shake' post='499961' date='Jun 13 2007, 05:56 PM']Majewski is garbage... hopefully Bray will be able to salvage the trade for the Reds if he ever gets healthy.

Kearns and Lopez def weren't great players, but when you look at the current Reds team, SS and RF (and C & RP) are the only positions where we truly don't have a long-term answer, and Kearns and Lopez could have helped us there.

Still don't like the trade until Bray becomes a quality major league pitcher, but I doubt Kearns or Lopez will blow up anytime soon... not with Washington, anyway.[/quote]
RF isnt set for long term? Our long term OF looks like Stubbs, Hamilton, Bruce. If stubbs is as good defensively as people say then he is our CF of the future. Bruce in LF and Hamilton and his ROCKET arm goes to RF and we have a top 3 defensive OF with a lot of upside for offense.

SS i agree on, but id rather get a defensive veteran every few years like gonzalez.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='Go Tory Go!' post='500209' date='Jun 14 2007, 12:38 AM']Don't forget about Ryan Wagner, who went the other way. Bray hasn't shown much up to this point, and I'd say Wagner's just as likely to succeed as Bray is.[/quote]
wagners career is over.

Archived