New playoff system for college football

ESPN 2 first take just reported they are closing in on a new deal once the BCS contract runs out. It's called the plus 1 system. 4 teams play a semi-final game then the two winners play a championship game. There should probably be some more links explaining it better soon. This should make college football a lot better.

[quote name='WhoDeyUK' post='511728' date='Jul 17 2007, 03:22 PM']If this finally happens, I will be thrilled. I would still prefer the playoff to include the top 8, but a Final Four would still be a HUGE step in the right direction.[/quote]
Exactly.

Anything beats the BCS. One loss shouldn't have to take you out of the running for a NC. Even though if its final 4 it still might. But there will be less coaches bitching about everything.

To bad we have to wait till 2011 at least.

Guest WhoDeyForever
4 isn't a lot but it makes it a lot better..I would love to have at least 6 with 2 having a bye week..Hopefully this happens.

[quote name='WhoDeyForever' post='511750' date='Jul 17 2007, 02:46 PM']4 isn't a lot but it makes it a lot better..I would love to have at least 6 with 2 having a bye week..Hopefully this happens.[/quote]
You don't want too many more games...think of the extra wear and tear on an NFL-bound player that might end up on the Bengals roster....
But I like the proposal. They needed to do something. There's no such thing as a "co-champion".

Archived