In Marvin We Trust

I like how the board got busy. Just think we are on the verge of greatness here.
Marvin knows what he is doing. Look back at last years threads during the draft.
We thought they were nuts. Signing Rudi 1 yr gives us breathing room and a chance to see if Perry is a bust or the next great RB to take us to the next level.
I'm just gonna sit back and let it happen and not get worked up.

Who Dey! [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/33.gif[/img]

[quote name='STRAYCAT' date='Mar 2 2005, 09:33 PM']I like how the board got busy. Just think we are on the verge of greatness here.
Marvin knows what he is doing. Look back at last years threads during the draft.
We thought they were nuts. Signing Rudi 1 yr gives us breathing room and a chance to see if Perry is a bust or the next great RB to take us to the next level.
I'm just gonna sit back and let it happen and not get worked up.

Who Dey! [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//33.gif[/img]
[right][post="54965"][/post][/right][/quote]

Stray,
well said.....My sentiments exactly......Just love talking Bengals Football.......Love just seeing what Marvin is doing and knowing he is setting the stage for greatness over a long period of time..........WHO DEY?! ;)

Guest OrangeMikey

[quote name='GoBengals' date='Mar 2 2005, 08:41 PM']depending how much of that TJ deal is a signing bonus, we are gonna have to cut him after next year when he gets 371 yards and -14 touchdowns.

:angry:
fuck
TJ=  [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//30.gif[/img]
[right][post="54979"][/post][/right][/quote]

:lol:

I smell a H4T3R!

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img]

[quote name='GoBengals' date='Mar 2 2005, 09:41 PM']depending how much of that TJ deal is a signing bonus, we are gonna have to cut him after next year when he gets 371 yards and -14 touchdowns.

:angry:
fuck
TJ =  [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//30.gif[/img]
[right][post="54979"][/post][/right][/quote]

your right... i didn't like the pickup either but i won't be a hater

[quote name='TheBZ' date='Mar 2 2005, 08:46 PM']Amen...

Things are starting to heat up, and we have alot to look forward to this year!

BZ
[right][post="54996"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
theres always somethin to look forward to when marvin is ur coach

[quote name='fancywhodey' date='Mar 2 2005, 09:45 PM']im not a big fan of signin him for 3 mil a year but it keeps our offense intact and we don't have to worry bout our recieving corp as much
[right][post="54995"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I think I'm in the minority here, but I'm not upset at this signing...I'm sure someone will jump all over me for this and spit all sorts of statistics but Carson had a very good chemistry will TJ. Who would we have drafted? Mike Williams? He wouldn't have been there.....Signing a FA Wideout was going to cost us huge dollars and then chemistry would again have to be built fromt the ground up this year.......I'm not going wild over this move but I understand and agree w/ the move.......

[quote name='BengalsNYC' date='Mar 2 2005, 08:52 PM']I think I'm in the minority here, but I'm not upset at this signing...I'm sure someone will jump all over me for this and spit all sorts of statistics but Carson had a very good chemistry will TJ.  Who would we have drafted?  Mike Williams? He wouldn't have been there.....Signing a FA Wideout was going to cost us huge dollars and then chemistry would again have to be built fromt the ground up this year.......I'm not going wild over this move but I understand and agree w/ the move.......
[right][post="55007"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
i totally understand the move i just wish it coulda been done for less

[quote name='BengalsNYC' date='Mar 2 2005, 08:52 PM']I think I'm in the minority here, but I'm not upset at this signing...I'm sure someone will jump all over me for this and spit all sorts of statistics but Carson had a very good chemistry will TJ.  Who would we have drafted?  Mike Williams? He wouldn't have been there.....Signing a FA Wideout was going to cost us huge dollars and then chemistry would again have to be built fromt the ground up this year.......I'm not going wild over this move but I understand and agree w/ the move.......

there is a lot of talent at WR in the draft this year, it doesnt need to be a top 5 WR, where did we draft chad? im guessing edwards and williams are the only WR gone by the time we pick... we would get the #2-3 WR in the draft if we wanted to, im sure there is a sleeper better than williams,

*grumbles*

[quote name='GoBengals' date='Mar 2 2005, 09:55 PM']there is a lot of talent at WR in the draft this year, it doesnt need to be a top 5 WR, where did we draft chad? im guessing edwards and williams are the only WR gone by the time we pick... we would get the #2-3 WR in the draft if we wanted to, im sure there is a sleeper better than williams,

*grumbles*
[right][post="55019"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Yes, but when we do that we spend a first day pick on a WR when we could have wrapped TJ up who already knows the offense and his role in it.....We need help defensively and at center......Taking care of TJ allows us to focus on that side of the ball now........Takes a question mark out of the draft......Even if we find a "sleeper" as you say, who knows that he will produce or pick up the system? It's a risk the Bengals didn't have to take and didn't.

I think everyone is going to be surprised, TJ is finally coming into his own, and i feel it was a good signing, i think if they just bring back everyone from last year, and Palmer just continues to do what he did at the end of the season, this is a great team. Marvin knows more than we do.

[quote name='BengalsNYC' date='Mar 2 2005, 09:10 PM']Yes, but when we do that we spend a first day pick on a WR when we could have wrapped TJ up who already knows the offense and his role in it.....We need help defensively and at center......Taking care of TJ allows us to focus on that side of the ball now........Takes a question mark out of the draft......Even if we find a "sleeper" as you say, who knows that he will produce or pick up the system?  It's a risk the Bengals didn't have to take and didn't.
[right][post="55052"][/post][/right][/quote]

learn the system? running routes isnt rocket science.. randy moss can do it michael irvin could fucking do it.. i drunk chimp with no legs could probably get by.

[quote name='~mroby30~' date='Mar 2 2005, 09:13 PM']I think everyone is going to be surprised, TJ is finally coming into his own, and i feel it was a good signing, i think if they just bring back everyone from last year, and Palmer just continues to do what he did at the end of the season, this is a great team. Marvin knows more than we do.
[right][post="55057"][/post][/right][/quote]

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ....... :rolleyes:

[quote name='GoBengals' date='Mar 2 2005, 10:16 PM']learn the system?  running routes isnt rocket science.. randy moss can do it  michael irvin could fucking do it.. i drunk chimp with no legs could probably get by.
:rolleyes:   :rolleyes:   :rolleyes:   :rolleyes:   :rolleyes:   :rolleyes:   :rolleyes:   :rolleyes:   :rolleyes:   :rolleyes:   :rolleyes:   :rolleyes:   :rolleyes:   :rolleyes:   :rolleyes:   :rolleyes:   ....... :rolleyes:
[right][post="55061"][/post][/right][/quote]

Oh you mean where Moss just runs downfield and jumps? What I mean by system is know his role, and run the precise routes that TJ runs......Moss and Irvin could do it rolling out of bed or in Irvin's case after snorting up a line.....TJ is a different breed, he likes the contact, he runs precise routes, and he doesn't drop balls.....We have our playmaker in Chad. I loved when TJ caught a ball, got his bell absolutely rung and popped right back up, ball in hand.......He brings a toughness to the offense that I have grown to like.

Tj stepped up this year. If he continues the way he left off and can take the big hits he took in a few,that will leave Chad open more for the long ball. With Carson
getting only better with experience we are in line for a run the next 3 years. :P

Guest Patmo
[quote name='BengalsNYC' date='Mar 2 2005, 09:52 PM']I think I'm in the minority here, but I'm not upset at this signing...I'm sure someone will jump all over me for this and spit all sorts of statistics but Carson had a very good chemistry will TJ.  Who would we have drafted?  Mike Williams? He wouldn't have been there.....Signing a FA Wideout was going to cost us huge dollars and then chemistry would again have to be built fromt the ground up this year.......I'm not going wild over this move but I understand and agree w/ the move.......

I LIKE THIS DEAL ! Good for everybody.TJ properly values himself.Leaves a little money on the table knowingly and secures his future.I'm impressed with his decision.He looked at Carson throwing,Rudi running,CJ going deep and opening the middle and a stabile coaching staff.Imo,a pretty intelligent,mature decision.

I have no idea why you guys are raggin' on the young man.He's a winner in my book.

Congrats,TJ !

[quote name='BengalsNYC' date='Mar 2 2005, 09:33 PM']Oh you mean where Moss just runs downfield and jumps?  What I mean by system is know his role, and run the precise routes that TJ runs......Moss and Irvin could do it rolling out of bed or in Irvin's case after snorting up a line.....TJ is a different breed, he likes the contact, he runs precise routes, and he doesn't drop balls.....We have our playmaker in Chad.  I loved when TJ caught a ball, got his bell absolutely rung and popped right back up, ball in hand.......He brings a toughness to the offense that I have grown to like.
[right][post="55081"][/post][/right][/quote]

i liked where he got his bell rung...

[quote name='Patmo' date='Mar 2 2005, 09:45 PM']I LIKE THIS DEAL ! Good for everybody.TJ properly values himself.Leaves a little money on the table knowingly and secures his future.I'm impressed with his decision.He looked at Carson throwing,Rudi running,CJ going deep and opening the middle and a stabile coaching staff.Imo,a pretty intelligent,mature decision.

I have no idea why you guys are raggin' on the young man.He's a winner in my book.

Congrats,TJ !
[right][post="55086"][/post][/right][/quote]

:sterb041:

[quote name='Nati Ice' date='Mar 2 2005, 09:48 PM'][b]nobodys raggin on him,[/b] most of us just think we paid way too much, and that his value is not in the 3 mil a year range, i like the deal even tho i personally prefer warrick

this just adds to the evidence that warrick is damaged goods
[right][post="55088"][/post][/right][/quote]

i am...

[quote name='Patmo' date='Mar 2 2005, 10:45 PM']I LIKE THIS DEAL ! Good for everybody.TJ properly values himself.Leaves a little money on the table knowingly and secures his future.I'm impressed with his decision.He looked at Carson throwing,Rudi running,CJ going deep and opening the middle and a stabile coaching staff.Imo,a pretty intelligent,mature decision.

Congrats,TJ !
[right][post="55086"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I totally agree. Go TJ.

Guest BlackJesus
I NEVER DOUBT THE MESSIAH...... :D

he made the call, Pats agent didn't even give us an interview though...

Marvin will make Lemonade.... He just might not have as many Lemons as I would have liked

Archived