PHP Spell Check

Where was the spell check function attained from and how was it implemented into the site. I am fooling around w/ a website/forum project and was curious about that. Also, where did you find your smilies? I love the [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] and the [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/26.gif[/img] and have not been able to track them down.

Thanks!!!

Guest oldschooler

[quote]I love the  [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img]   and the  [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//26.gif[/img]   and have not been able to track them down.[/quote]

I don`t know about the spell checker ....but those smilies originally
came from Yahoo. Maybe he got them from another site though. :unsure:

i got them both from invisionize.com

they are special made for IPB boards,

invisionthings.com
invisionize.com
invisionpower.com(corp site)

all have some goodies, the smilies are yahoo smilies, they came in a packet from invisionize.. its all free.

if its not an invision board your running, they will be worthless... if you need invision i may still have the install files. let me know

[quote name='GoBengals' date='Mar 7 2005, 02:15 PM']i got them both from invisionize.com

they are special made for IPB boards,

invisionthings.com
invisionize.com
invisionpower.com(corp site)

all have some goodies, the smilies are yahoo smilies, they came in a packet from invisionize.. its all free.

if its not an invision board your running, they will be worthless...  if you need invision i may still have the install files. let me know
[right][post="57888"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Damnit, I have a phpBB through Yahoo Web Hosting so those sites will do me no good. Thanks for responding. I know i can d/l one somewhere and I liked yours on the site here.

[quote name='BengalsNYC' date='Mar 7 2005, 04:03 PM']Damnit, I have a phpBB through Yahoo Web Hosting so those sites will do me no good.  Thanks for responding.  I know i can d/l one somewhere and I liked yours on the site here.
[right][post="57968"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

www.spellingcow.com appears to have one for your forum.

[quote name='GoBengals' date='Mar 7 2005, 04:33 PM']also, yhoo's hosting can be pricey, how much are you paying if you dont mind saying?  i have a sweet ass host, very fast and cheap, and i get $65 commission if i get anyone to sign up    :D
[right][post="57999"][/post][/right][/quote]

Don't mind at all..I split it w/ my roomie. It's $19.95/month. Also, I found the spell Check you use....The same exact one and it works for phpBB. However, when I click on my spell check button it just displays the spell check popup and says 'checking document" for a second or so and nothing displays. Any suggestions?

[quote name='BengalsNYC' date='Mar 8 2005, 01:21 PM']Don't mind at all..I split it w/ my roomie.  It's $19.95/month.  Also, I found the spell Check you use....The same exact one and it works for phpBB.  However, when I click on my spell check button it just displays the spell check popup and says 'checking document" for a second or so and nothing displays.  Any suggestions?
[right][post="58627"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

what do you get for that $20/month?

the place i use would get ya..

$14.95/month - 1 gig storage 50gig transfer
$17.95/month - 2 gig storage 75gig transfer
$19.95/month - 3 gig storage 100 gig transfer

you may not be to those sizes yet, ut it ads up quick... i will soon be on thier dedicated server:

$99/month - 80 gig storage 700 gig transfer (sweeeeeet) this should support the forum, full website and avout 10,000 active members on the board...

so if you decide to go with a change, let me know, if would help the financial cause here, and thier response time is great, even for my database over 120MB in size.

just figured id offer... i bet that spellingcow is pretty sweet, you might try it too,

i dont know how familier you are with PHP.. its been a learning experience for me...

[quote name='GoBengals' date='Mar 8 2005, 11:08 PM']what do you get for that $20/month?

the place i use would get ya..

$14.95/month - 1 gig storage 50gig transfer
$17.95/month - 2 gig storage 75gig transfer
$19.95/month - 3 gig storage 100 gig transfer

you may not be to those sizes yet,  ut it ads up quick...  i will soon be on thier dedicated server:

$99/month - 80 gig storage  700 gig transfer (sweeeeeet) this should support the forum, full website and avout 10,000 active members on the board...
so if you decide to go with a change, let me know, if would help the financial cause here, and thier response time is great, even for my database over 120MB in size.
just figured id offer...  i bet that spellingcow is pretty sweet, you might try it too,

i dont know how familier you are with PHP.. its been a learning experience for me...
[right][post="58947"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

We get 4 gigs of storage and about 75+gig transfer......It's more than enough for us right now......We (my roomie and I) run a sports website and just got it up and running a few days ago......I actually have some Bengals articles up there and I hope you don't mind me putting up the url here but its [url="http://thelowblow.com"]The Low Blow[/url] and we have a little forum built off of this.......I love the boards here, they are awesome.....Imitation is the highest form of flattery and I'd love to have a quarter of the amount of traffic you guys have in a day.....Keep up the great work here....I will look into our plans about a possible expansion if needed and will get specifics from you, if we go that route.......And PHP was a HUGE learning exp. for me....Just that damned spell checker took a good while but it's pretty fun seeing it all come together!!!!

[quote name='BengalsNYC' date='Mar 9 2005, 08:43 PM']We get 4 gigs of storage and about 75+gig transfer......It's more than enough for us right now......We (my roomie and I) run a sports website and just got it up and running a few days ago......I actually have some Bengals articles up there and I hope you don't mind me putting up the url here but its [url="http://thelowblow.com"]The Low Blow[/url] and we have a little forum built off of this.......I love the boards here, they are awesome.....Imitation is the highest form of flattery and I'd love to have a quarter of the amount of traffic you guys have in a day.....Keep up the great work here....I will look into our plans about a possible expansion if needed and will get specifics from you, if we go that route.......And PHP was a HUGE learning exp. for me....Just that damned spell checker took a good while but it's pretty fun seeing it all come together!!!!
[right][post="59596"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

jesus

yahoo stepped up thier game since i last looked there....

im pretty good with java and html.. php blew my mind though.. im still figuring it out.

Archived