Ravenssuck.com

Guest bengalrick
[quote]Newsome indicated that he would use the team’s first pick, the 22nd overall, on a linebacker or cornerback. The next priority would be defensive line help, followed by another cornerback. [b]If the team has any money left to sign free agents, it would go for yet another cornerback, just for the hell of it. [/b]

“We can have five, six, seven cornerbacks on the roster at any given time,” said Newsome. “It’s not like we’re going to have anything better to spend our money on. I can’t really think of anything else that we need. [b]This offense scored so few points last year that it would be supremely foolish of me not to improve our defense in order to compensate for that[/b]. And I’m not a stupid man.”[/quote]

[quote]“Time and time again we scored 6, 7 or 10 points, [b]and our defense just couldn’t hold that lead[/b],” said owner Steve Bisciotti. “That’s unacceptable. We have much higher standards than that, and we are not afraid to go out there and get the players we need to compete week in and week out in this league. If that means spending a little money on free agents then so be it. Make no mistake, this defense is going to be a well-oiled machine next year. And if we still can’t win the Super Bowl, I’ll give up. I mean, what more can we do?”[/quote]
good stuff
[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

Archived