Rebuilding The Bengals 1.0

[quote name='High School Harry' post='611580' date='Dec 19 2007, 06:03 PM']***I think if Glenn Dorsey, Sedrick Ellis or Chris Long don't slide to our 10ish slot, we trade up and grab one because I don't see anyone else who would help us as much instantly as an impact player. One of the things that is killing us, esp. considering this coaching staff simply cannot develop talent, is taking the second/third best player at a position in the first round. Of course, I also realize the Bengals won't trade up so WTF, as they say.[/quote]

Right now, we aren't going to need to trade up to the 10th spot. If we lose to Cleveland or Miami, we be very close to drafting there. If we lose to both we will be drafting inside the top 10.

[quote]***I've been cloaked in the lurk mode since signing on a few days ago but I have not seen anyone say anything about what I consider the obvious.... it is time for Willie to go. He should not have been re-signed last season and, imo, ranks up there with Captain John Thornton God of Defense and Dropster Jackson as dead wood on a team that has more dead wood than Lowes side lot. Andrews has been groomed for years, is OK and will get better. As far as I'm concerned, Willie has ridden the "veteran leadership" pony as far as it will go. Ask Chris Henry.[/quote]

Welcome to the board.

[quote]***Same controversial thoughts, but its great to see Levi named to some sort of scrub Pro Bowl selection because I would love to trade his mediocre and overrated ass, too. Maybe that would improve what we could get for him. Sorry, I do not at all buy the Hobbshitt esp. this season seeing Carson get hit after almost every play and too much of it coming around Levi. Withworth did not look any worse when he was there, easier to get a guard than pay Levi who ain't getting any younger besides.[/quote]

A healthy Levi is a pretty damn good LT. He was as responsible for the 2005 season as any one. He had to shut down some major pass rushers that season. If he is washed up so be it, but I don't believe that is the case.

[quote]So a few random thoughts.
Any more with our draft I am more interested in the second round than the first.
I tend to think that our first round choice is a Marvin fuck up, anyway, (he should have been fired on the spot
for taking Chris Henry when Steven Jackson was available) and the sliders to round two a lot more interesting.
Going back a few years let's not forget Boomer was a second round pick and actually our fourth pick of that
draft behind three first round busts.[/quote]

You lost some credibility here. We traded down fromt he 24th spot to take Chris Perry @ the 26th spot, not Chris Henry. They had Jackson and Perry rated about the same so they took the extra draft pick. I'm not too sure they weren't right either, but we will never know because Perry can't stay on the field. Henry was a 3rd round pick in that disasterous draft of Pollack, Thurman, & Henry. If Perry, Pollack and Thurman were still on the field, I seriously doubt the thought of firing Marvin Lewis would have entered any body's mind.

[quote name='bengalbutch' post='611668' date='Dec 19 2007, 10:19 PM']You are officially banned from posting EVER ![/quote]

I know many on this board cannot stand the ythought of #97. He is not a star by any means but he is not scrub so many here tend to think he is. I stand by my comments.

Archived