I should have just pirated Windows XP

So I am doing some upgrade work to my laptop that I haven't touched in over a year. It's a decent laptop (it weighs a ton), bought in 2003, 2.4 Pentium 4, and I just bumped it up to 1gb of ram. I quit using it because I destroyed the PCMCIA slot on the side by stepping on the network card I had sticking out of the side several times. Well, I figured out that there is a slot internally for a wireless card, and the laptop already has an antenna built in, so I can now use my laptop wirelessly again (just had to buy a wireless card). And with me being back in college again, I need it pretty bad.

Anyways, I run the restore disks that come with it, and of course they don't have SP1 or SP2 or anything. So I update to SP2, takes a decent amount of time, especially with me multi-tasking trying to get rid of all the crap they install automatically.

I run windows update again, only to find out that there are another 92 critical updates after SP2.

Freakin ridiculous.

I should have downloaded a pirated version with the updates already installed and been done with it.

/rant

[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='645652' date='Mar 23 2008, 11:57 PM']So I am doing some upgrade work to my laptop that I haven't touched in over a year. It's a decent laptop (it weighs a ton), bought in 2003, 2.4 Pentium 4, and I just bumped it up to 1gb of ram. I quit using it because I destroyed the PCMCIA slot on the side by stepping on the network card I had sticking out of the side several times. Well, I figured out that there is a slot internally for a wireless card, and the laptop already has an antenna built in, so I can now use my laptop wirelessly again (just had to buy a wireless card). And with me being back in college again, I need it pretty bad.

Anyways, I run the restore disks that come with it, and of course they don't have SP1 or SP2 or anything. So I update to SP2, takes a decent amount of time, especially with me multi-tasking trying to get rid of all the crap they install automatically.

I run windows update again, only to find out that there are another 92 critical updates after SP2.

Freakin ridiculous.

I should have downloaded a pirated version with the updates already installed and been done with it.

/rant[/quote]

yea...

i woulda. you already own it so its not like your stealing. they got thier money and u did nothing but save time ( wel lwoulda done nothing but saved time)

Archived