music "sharing"

Palmer4HOF

I need some help... does anyone on here download music to "share" for free?

I used to use Limewire but since I've upgraded my computer to Vista, I can't seem to get limewire to work (even when i download the vista version... anyone care to help with that reason too?)

Any advice would be great here...

[url="http://www.slsknet.org/"]Soulseek[/url]

This is a peer-to-peer file sharing program. Unlike Limewire, you download directly from one other client. I've never had a problem with trojan horses, worms, or viruses within the files I downloaded; I've been able to find a lot of obscure music I wasn't able to download with torrents and Limewire and find full albums. Some other users can be assholes and ban you from downloading from them, but for the most part people don't give a shit - just as long as you share also.

isohunt.com - you have to install bit torrent, but that is a pretty safe program to install if you only get on to get your music, then jump right off after it is done. i would use this site to grab full albums and popular stuff.

skreemr.com - cool site that hunts individual songs sitting on open servers. works pretty well. don't have to download any software.

amazon.com - now that they have DRM free mp3's, I don't mind paying for stuff. prices are still a tad high for me, but i don't have the desire to download new music that often so its a good deal.

Archived