Anyone had good/badluck with ASUS monitors?

[url="http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236052"]http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16824236052[/url]

i plan on getting 3 of those.. 2 for myself, 1 for wife,

before i do, wondering if anyone has had any personal experience with an ASUS monitor.

it had great reviews from users.. 69 reviews.. 5 egg overall rating at newegg....

many of the good reviews mention dead pixels buy were fixable, etc.. it seems like a "get what you pay for" type of item..which is ok... its not like im going from 1200 monitors or anything...

[quote name='steggyD' post='743231' date='Jan 30 2009, 02:25 AM']Go by the eggs, but 69 isn't a really too big a pool of reviewers.[/quote]

yea, i looked at the same series in 22 and 26 inch as well, and both rate well also.. with a few more reviews

much of the negative, what few negatives there are, seem to be things like the pixels i mentioned and "very top heavy, i have to hold it when i press menu buttons on it" frankly, i dont know the last time i touched my monitor.. it was probably the day i moved here and set it on the desk..

the 22 had 105 reviews and 5 eggs, and the 21.5 had 238 with 5 eggs... so it seems top to bottom it gets good reviews, and of course i msave with new egg RMA'ing a bad one or refunding..

just trying to be more careful than that time i bought a macbook for $1500 and didnt realize it didnt support dual external monitors.. :ninja: and then bought a macbook pro 24 hours later for $1700(refurb)

im gonna keep digging around.. i cant seem to find any other brand or even these models for near this price...

seems like im missing a good place to buy LCD's tho.. ive checked mwave, newegg, tigerdirect, ebay, amazon, ... newegg seems to have ALL the deals..

[quote name='steggyD' post='743424' date='Jan 31 2009, 01:33 AM']I actually bought an LCD TV through them. No bad pixels, all was well. You usually can't go wrong when you go by the egg reviews. So try it out, Asus used to make good mobos, but I hear Gigabyte is taking that title over.[/quote]

cool, i think ill get em.. they just went up $20 tho.. so thats $60 hike for me...

crap..

waiting on some paypal payments to clear too.. sale ends tonight.. guess ill be waiting for the next sale....

cripes.... there is a nice samsung for $269 after rebate.. but $300 upfront.. a grand on monitors would be a painful purchase...

at $229 $690 total seems much more attractive...

Archived